1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Why do we expect tips?

Discussion in 'Tips' started by Geno71, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strange Fruit

Strange Fruit Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Oooooh, you weren't. Did you see the white peopel fighting at Walmart, and stuff, on black Friday's since like, since I was born, almost. Maybe. Just saying. And all that other stuff people of all colors do, since like, forever. And orange people aren't that good to people either. Obama should apologize for being honest sometimes.

kabibe likes this.
  2. strongarm

strongarm Active Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Do tell that's not how economies work. Again politicians don't effect economy much. Just like how they don't create jobs like your beloved Trump promised everyone. Politics aside our economy went into the dumps bc of the housing market bubble caused by negligible banks and millionaires like Trump. Not because of a bad Obama speech.

kabibe likes this.
  3. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

If Obama had any control over Uber he would probably regulate it heavily and make them pay better.

Uber has cut rates because the market allows them to do so. You dont seem to understand economics very well.

4. strongarm

strongarm Active Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    No not yet I want you to tell us how a great speaker like Trump will make people feel good and then no more economic woes

5. Do tell

Do tell Well-Known Member

That was exactly my point,the economy is bad,so uber gets away with it.If there weren't desperate drivers there wouldn't be all this complaining on this website.lol

I won't argue with your knowledge or lack of knowledge on my part.lol

6. Strange Fruit

Driving:
    UberX
    Obama caused the low Uber rates though. That's entirely true. Trump doesn't like cheap labor at all. He hates cheap labor (cuz it's too expensive, and not a good deal if you can get it for free some how, but it's even cheaper to trick people into paying for a bogus university). But He's totally against it. Like that one time....no wait, but that one thing....no wait......but he cares and........god, why do people believe in that guy? It's so sad. It seems like the country has been sliding out of it's economic dominance since the 70's. The world's changing. The real economic masters have been going global through most of the 20th century, and it's just becoming ultra visible to most poeple here, now that it's gotten mega obvious. But every thing was good until Obama. Then he made those negros feel safe to be uppity and thank god the orange muppet will save us. We almost had the black uprising Charles Manson prophesied, but the muppet came just in time.

kabibe likes this.
  7. Do tell

If that's what you believe,good luck to you.

8. Strange Fruit

Driving:
    UberX
    Every time I 'bate, my account gets a $50. Feeling good is all it takes. Then I don't feel as good after and it goes down again. And so does my account balance.

9. Strange Fruit

Driving:
    UberX
    Trust me, you don't want anyone to tell us that. It's going to cause an aneurysm.

10. Do tell

Oops,I'm on the wrong website.I opened up a can of worms.LOL

11. strongarm

strongarm Active Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    The problem isn't the economy itself. The problem is the income inequality. The guys at the top keep getting more bonuses and raises while middle class and lower class wages stay stagnant to keep margins high. To be honest Uber is making people drive Thier own cars so they can undercut taxis who have to pay for cars

12. Strange Fruit

Driving:
    UberX
    He wants you to call him a billionaire. He really needs that. You're hurting the poor guy's feelings. He's gone to lots of trouble to convince everyone he's a billionaire. Just humor him. He's easily ruffled.

And Do tellDo tell is cool, cuz he isn't being all stupid. Nice that no one has started flinging feces.
    Actually, more than half the SF section was pro Trump. We had a poll. We had a thrread or two then taken down for too much feces flinging. It was fun.

13. Strange Fruit

Driving:
    UberX
    They haven't made anyone drive. They offered the opportunity. We took it. I took it 3 years ago, and of course am very disappointed, but they never made me do it. But it was a clever way to exploit peasants. Not the first or last. #ihatemyspecies

14. Do tell

Uber is making you drive.They're not making me drive.My last trip I took was in July and it was a surge.Being a US citizen,it is my duty to choose my own path.Let's all make America great again.

15. Do tell

Thanks a lot for that.Now I can't get the Muppet Show theme song out of my head.LOL

16. darkshy77

darkshy77 Well-Known Member

Lyft: $100 Million in Tips:

17. strongarm

strongarm Active Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    _no I live in Austin we kick
    Ed
    As a matter of fact I too Havn't drove for them since they left Austin. Now I'm a student again. America is great right now and will continue to be. It could definitely be better. Not sure how when I need tires for my car I can shop 20 different brands to find tires I like but when it comes to choosing political leaders I get stuck with two ****ty parties who have been around for way too long. Now I have a commander and chief who compulsively tweets. The other choice sucked just as bad. We as Americans deserve more than 2 teams to chose from. Don't forget to tip!

18. simpsonsverytall

simpsonsverytall Well-Known Member

Uber has

✓ Managed to remove the social norm among passengers of 'tipping'.

✓ AND managed to maintain the social norm among drivers of 'service' :D:D:D

that is basically it, in a nutshell.

Joke is on the drivers who feel obligated to provide service
    . The newbies and the ignorant in that group have good excuses for missing the strategem.
    The only drivers who really seem despicable, are the Uber driver equivalent of 'uncle toms', who heartily defend these business tactics, and even deride the 15% of drivers who call a spade, a 'spade'...

19. Do tell

20. strongarm

strongarm Active Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Yeah tip of the day driving for Uber is not a means of income.

dmitry_cmr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.