Uber Drivers Forum banner

What's the money like with Grub-Hub?

Tags
grubhub
72K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  Irishjohn831 
#1 ·
Can anyone offer some real-world experience with these guys. I can't seem to find this info. anywhere.

#3 · (Edited)
If it wasn't for GrubHub there'd be fewer pizzas ordered fewer pizzas delivered.

Because of GrubHub drivers are getting more tips and we don't feel like we're standing there begging waiting for them to pull out an extra buck or two.

It is a good thing

#5 ·
I have been with GrubHub since they kicked off in Columbus mid September. The best thing so far has been the guarantees and floors and bonus opportunities. Basically $10 per hour as long as you accept 75%> orders. This week is the first time I didn't get a floor guarantee because they said I didn't accept orders, which is not true it was probably an app issue. I am moving towards doing grubhub more than the otehr things I do because when it is busy the money is good and when it is slow I can have dual apps running and still make the floor $$.
I do postmates, OrderUP, GrubHub and another restaurant locally ( I used to do an additional restaurant but let that one go) diversify and work smart and you can do really well with delivery less drivingh thyan uber and you get out of the car a lot more to stretch and what not

#6 ·
Only info I have is from another drives pay summary for a days work.
He got $4.25 per delivery and 50¢ per mile traveled.
He did 9 deliveries and netted $77, this includes tips. He's a Los Angeles CA driver.

Kinda meh in my opinion. I'm finding a $10-11 per delivery average is the best one should strive for. And go with the companies that'll best help you get there. Seems like Grubhub and Sidecar Delivery are probably at the bottom of choices.

#8 ·
saturation with drivers is an understatement. I have not been able to work at all for weeks with grubhub. my flexibility requirement is basically to be able to pick up shifts on the fly or at least 1 day or under and that worked great for weeks i made good floor earnings while double dipping or strategically working different hours different services. I may have to add days to the physical store delivery i do to make money but they have a hard schedule and with my f/t job i need big flexibility

#9 ·
I've heard a few complaints from restaurants about Grubhub. And on more than one occasion I'll be at a restaurant picking up for a different service and the workforce would be complaining about how no one from Grubhub has pickup food yet.

Apparently Grubhub contracts with a delivery provider that are real flakes.

#12 ·
No good. And I can tell you why. I did it briefly after my last real job.

Grubhub doesn't employ its drivers directly, its just a commission based service that takes and allocates orders. Then it goes through another servicer that pays you 3-9$ per delivery plus tips.

The tips are great. The per delivery rate is usually good too. The problem is that most of the restaurant workers hate these services. You take away their tips by being the one being tipped, unless you get a large order over 100 and get a 20, than you really can't afford to tip out the togo server at the restaurant. So they typically get nothing and expect to get nothing, so you sit around at each restaurant waiting for 30-60 minutes for them to prepare your order, dead last and unpaid for your wait time.

You can make close to $20 an hour, however meal rushes are short. You've got only a couple hours of busy time for lunch, and 3-4 hours of busy time for dinner. After gas it equates to about $40 a shift.

Better off delivering pizza for domino's. You at least get minimum wage delivering pizza, plus delivery fees plus tips.

#17 ·
What did your pay summary reflect? This was my first time ever on GH. Not quite sure how I got a 60% acceptance rating, 80% for sure bit not 60. Worst still I'm not sure how they payout is calculated by looking at their numbers. $18 tip and mileage doesn't seem to be factured into the equation unless I'm missing something.

Attachments

#20 ·
What did your pay summary reflect? This was my first time ever on GH. Not quite sure how I got a 60% acceptance rating, 80% for sure bit not 60. Worst still I'm not sure how they payout is calculated by looking at their numbers. $18 tip and mileage doesn't seem to be factured into the equation unless I'm missing something.
That looks about right. Seems like your market pays $3/pickup + $.50/mile. You only get paid for the distance between the restaurant and the customer, not between you and the restaurant.

You're averaging almost $10/job, which is about right for GH. The trick is figuring out how to average 2 jobs/hour, not 1.

#21 ·
Spot on!!!!!

IF & WHEN GH decided a to cover the trip TO the restaurant, THEN I would consider joining GH.

You ARE getting ripped when GH doesn't cover that trip travel expense. Conceivably, you might travel 10 or more miles per shift & unless you have a Prius, that gas cost can really hit you when you have < 2 trips/hour

#25 ·
The best day I've had with GrubHub using the app during a schedule block was $104. Second best was $84. Yesterday was the third best at $72.20.

29 blocks that I've worked I average $49.83 a day. For about two and a half 3 hours I usually stay a half hour hour late to keep my daily average up and my bank account full

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.