1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

What kind of car do you have?

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Seinfeld, Apr 11, 2014.

1. NADA

NADA New Member

I have a new Nissan Sentra and going to move, want to help a reliable driver
    who can lease my car. Its better than buying a new car. My Car is $470 a month with $1000 down for 26 months till 12/22/2017. I am in San Diego. Text me if you are interested. I have posted it on a thread. no credit check. just looking for someone reliable.
    503 358 7277

2. Brandy Castillo

Brandy Castillo New Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Good to know, thanks

3. Tim L

Tim L Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    2006 Saturn ION. 50k miles. Worth about $4500-$5000. Depreciation I don't lose sleep over.

4. Peter Luna

Peter Luna New Member

5. merkurfan

merkurfan Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I have 2.. a 2005 Ford Focus I bought with a bad transmission for 200 bucks. I bought the replacement transmission for 50 dollars at the u-pull-it yard and installed it myself. Has 125K on it.
    In the waiting for approval box I have a 2004 Grand Caravan with all the toys I bought as a non-runner for 300. A 35 dollar used computer got it back on its feet with only 102K on it. (gonna try out XL before I sell um both and do something more productive with my time) but it seems to be held up because of it's history report. It has a clear title but there is a total out listed on the history report they pulled on it. If they fail it, I'll probably pull the plug early.

6. Stepj

Stepj New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Just wait till the radiator starts to leak.. big $$$ or having to replace the brakes every 12-15k because they are too small for the van. And speaking of too small.... That transmission..... yea, its not near big enough to pull that big ol van around... It will be shot before 80k if you keep Ubering in it. Sorry, have seen too many of these in my shop with these issues to give them any kind of compliment.

7. Stepj

Stepj New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    And to be fair... my mobile office is a '13 Ford Edge SEL. Best MPG Ubering in it was 27.5mpg. I actually get a lot of compliments on the rear leg room.

8. renbutler

renbutler Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    2007 Hyundai Santa Fe (mid-size SUV).

At one point it was the lowest-cost vehicle to insure in the US! It cost $228 to insure it for the current six-month period, and my agent has confirmed that my rates will not go up as long as I use the vehicle for about 50% or less business purposes, including Uber.

9. UberXTampa

UberXTampa Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I will tell you the next 100k of your Prius: I got mine at 76k. Previous owner used it clean, nothing needed repair. I put 100k miles and I am now at 176k+ miles with just a bearing replacement and coolant valve repair that totaled just $800.00! You will probably get no mechanical issues or very few if any. By the way, still factory original brakes! It is by far the least demanding car I ever owned and I owned Camry, Avalon, rx300!

10. Abc123

Abc123 Member

Since my last post in this thread, I mentioned that I sold my 2006 Acura TSX with 105k miles that used premium gas for $11k & picked up a 2012 Honda Insight hybrid with 45k miles for the same price. Well I just sold that car over the weekend after driving it for a few months, & picked up a 2008 Nissan Versa with the CVT transmission for about $5k. Now I'm gonna drive the crap out of this car & not worry about depreciation

FunemployedDriver and UberXTampa like this.
  11. japman

japman Member

2008 Toyota 4Runner sr5 with third row seat

12. jayhawk13

jayhawk13 New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    2012 Ford Escape

13. jetboatjohnny

jetboatjohnny Active Member

How much is LPG over there in Australia? We got a station out here it's 79 cents but in Orange County there gouging people around $3. I am driving a 2009 Honda Civic GX that runs on CNG compressed natural gas. Locally I pay $1 a gallon But in orange and LA counties its anywhere from $2 to $2.75. I average about 30 mpg but can get close to 40 on the highway. IMG_20150804_184647.jpg

Sydney Uber likes this.
  14. Sydney Uber

Sydney Uber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    79cents a gallon for LPG!! Wow we pay between 60-70cents per litre. 3.8 litres to a Gallon brings it up to $2.80 per gallon for LPG. Heaps better than $5.30 per Gallon gasoline goes for here

CNG started to roll out about 25yrs ago at half the price of LPG (Australia has huge reserves of Natural Gas), but it never took off and distribution is patchy

15. jetboatjohnny

jetboatjohnny Active Member

Original brakes? I have replaced my front brakes twice and I got 108 K. How many of those miles driving passengers?

16. cb80907

cb80907 Active Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    2003 BMW 325xi, $9k off the lot two years ago, and currently at 130k miles. The thing is like a tank at times.

17. UberFlex

UberFlex Member

2012 Ford Flex Titanium, fully loaded

18. Jason2k15

Jason2k15 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Not to be negative but, Prius' are the ugliest cars you can get in a hybrid. They almost look like rolling spaceships. I have a 2012 Dodge Avenger SE. Much more sporty than a Prius in my opinion

19. cb80907

cb80907 Active Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    I know I'm going to hell for this but I can't resist since you mentioned spaceships...

Attached Files:

20. Ryan haller

Ryan haller New Member

2014 Kia Optima

Attached Files: