1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

What kind of car do you have?

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Seinfeld, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Seinfeld

Seinfeld Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I have an 09 Silver Prius base model with 83k miles. Only have had to change the oil and the tires so far. I love this car. The base model is the one with the cruise control.

2. dp3

dp3 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    2012 Nissan Rogue

I love it, and riders ask a lot of questions about it.

Permai Lindal and Sdavids1212 like this.
  3. Larry B

Larry B Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Truth be told, I drive a 2013 Prius II. White pearl. What kind of gas mileage do you get on your Rogue dp3?

4. dark knight

dark knight Member

Driving:
    UberX
    The bat mobile is a 2013 Black Prius V.

5. dp3

dp3 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I get 25. I doubt I drive as often as others, though. I'm only good for a couple hours a week max, and I live in an awesome area where I go online from home and just wait for requests.

Sdavids1212, wisuber and Seinfeld like this.

6. Seinfeld

Seinfeld Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Thats convenient to just wait at home for rides. Do you usually just work nights dp3? I take my uber phone wherever I go and it's convenient to turn it on when Im done with work or dinner somewhere and try to catch a ride home. Sometimes it takes awhile or I end up further from home but I usually have time to kill.

Sdavids1212 likes this.
  7. blair

blair Member

i have a 2007 prius in beige with 99k miles. another week or so and i be at 100k. i'm not the original owner but i love the car and had it for 3 years. got it from my aunt. i average 51mpg.

Sdavids1212 likes this.
  8. dp3

dp3 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I don't drive too often. Just enough to get about $200 in fares each week (I know a lot of people go for this daily).

Sdavids1212 likes this.
  9. hybridman

hybridman New Member

I have a black Prius II - 2013. I love it. It's my second Prius.

Sdavids1212 likes this.
  10. steveO

steveO New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Currently driving a 2010 Mazda 3 getting roughly 28 miles to the gallon.

Stepj and Sdavids1212 like this.
  11. Seinfeld

Seinfeld Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    $200 in fares is a good little weekly bonus. $800 a month is enough to cover a new car payment, gas, insurance, and then some.

Sdavids1212 and UberinNJ like this.
  12. Sydney Uber

Sydney Uber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    Looks like all of the comments above are from UBERx operators. That has just kicked off here in Sydney. I'm in UBER Black. I drive a Holden Caprice. You would all know it as the Chevy Caprice that is run by some Police Dept's in the US as their pursuit cars. 6litre V8 (converted to run on LPG/Propane). Very comfy, as big as a 7 Series LWB in the back. I'd go broke if all I had was UBER work to feed it and my family.

http://www.redbook.com.au/cars/rese...R=575755&Silo=spec&Vertical=car&Ridx=1&eapi=2 Info on the car - I wish we could buy cars as cheap as they sell them in the US!

Sdavids1212 and Jeeves like this.
  13. Jeeves

Jeeves Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Awesome to have someone here from Sydney, welcome! Wow, $70.000 for that car new! Its an awesome car, but that pricetag is daunting. Interesting something about it looks nicer then a chevy here in the states. Is it because cars have to be imported to Australlia that they are so pricey? I wonder how much a base model prius is, I mean you are closer to Japan then we are. I havent heard of LPG/Propane conversion - what does that entail?

Sdavids1212 likes this.
  14. Sydney Uber

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    I'm not mad enough to buy them new though! That one I got with 85,000kms and $26,000. It was 3 years old. People still get in, smell the full leather and say how nice it is to ride in a new car !! (its now got 118,000kms!!) Run it for 3 years max.

Play around on that link Jeeves, ( www.redbook.com.au ) you'll get a shock at what we Aussies pay for cars - The Prius V ranges from AUD$36,000 - $46,000

Aussie Cars are well-built and offer great value for money against Euro cars - but they were heavily subsidised. That is why cars are expensive here in Australia, Tariffs and retailers price gouging. Have a look at the US price for a Caprice - isn't strange that we pay more for a locally made car than what Americans have to pay for it!! Thats price gouging.

ALL Australian Car manufacturers will shut down by 2018. Our Labour force just cant compete with cheap labour in China, Thailand etc. But the Unions here had a hand in the Industry's demise. A production line worker started on about $60,000 p/a base pay. Add 12.5% superannuation contribution from the employer, 4 weeks holiday, 17.5% holiday pay loading (thats right you get paid more when you are on Holidays), parental leave, bereavment leave, 14 days full sick pay, 14 days 50% sick pay and 10 hours a week overtime available at +50% loading. The current Government is promising cheaper cars once manufacturing stops here and subsidies end (1.5 billion p/a).

LPG/ Propane - what a wasted opportunity that is here in Australia - we have huge reserves of it and its implementation as a primary fuel source is not supported. Its recently seen a huge price rise due to new taxes - diesel power is now the go.

Sdavids1212, tess and Larry B like this.
  15. Larry B

Larry B Member

Driving:
    UberX
    That is some sticker shock on the Holden! LPG stands for Liquefied Petroleum Gas if I'm not mistaken. Is that cost effective for you to convert to in Sydney? What are the fuel prices like down there? Very interesting information from across the pond, thank you Mr Sydney Uber.

Sdavids1212 likes this.
  16. Sydney Uber

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    Right about LPG Larry B. its no longer cost effective for the conversion - a good one will set you back $4200.00 - if I was running the car to 500,000-700,000kms like in my old cab days in the 80s-90s I'd get my ROI. But running Limo's to 200-300,000kms means its line ball, keeping in mind the extra system to maintain and boot space you lose. Gasoline is around AUD$6.00 per Gallon ($1.50-$1.70 per litre). So I'm searching for a good Diesel car next.

Sdavids1212 and Seinfeld like this.
  17. Seinfeld

Seinfeld Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Welcome Sydney Uber. Pleasure reading your posts, thanks for your contributions!

Richard Cranium and Sdavids1212 like this.
  18. tess

tess Member

I have a civic hybrid. And I'm glad it doesn't cost $70,000. God bless america - for some things :mad:

Sdavids1212 and Sydney Uber like this.
  19. Sydney Uber

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    Sdavids1212 likes this.
  20. Jeeves

Jeeves Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Civic Hybrid starts at $24k or so I believe. That's not the hugest difference. But a premium nonetheless. And your gas prices are higher.