1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Video and audio surveillance in use

Discussion in 'Advice' started by iUBERdc, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Red Leader

Red Leader Well-Known Member

That's exactly right. Hence no need for signs. Now....

I'm not saying it is a bad idea. It's been proven time and again that most people, when they think they are being recorded, behave better. There's a reason why personell complaints go down when cops wear cameras.

WBdriving and thepanttherlady like this.
  2. thepanttherlady

thepanttherlady Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I bought stickers and have them applied to the passenger windows by the door handles. More of a CYA.

I agree that people do tend to behave better when they think they're being recorded. I've had a couple of people ask me where the camera is, I just tell them they're hidden. LOL I actually bought a dual dash cam but it won't stay stuck to the windshield (hence the "hidden"). Ordered the Falcon from Amazon and literally got it in 30 minutes go. We'll see how well that one works. :)

WBdriving likes this.
  3. Karen Stein

Karen Stein Active Member

Just a note ...

Back in the 90's a cabbie in Reno got clever and mounted a voice activated recorder in the cab.

One night two guys flagged hum down and gave a residential address in an area without radio coverage. There they shot him, robbed him, and used a walkie-talkie to summon a confederate in a chase car.

TEN hours later he was found. By then, John Castro had died.

Eventually the three were tried. That recording was essential for solving the crime. The felons are in prison - either serving life or on death row.

Any other questions about recording?

Lepke likes this.
  4. yojimboguy

yojimboguy Well-Known Member

Yeah... how did it help the driver?

Bean likes this.
  5. Karen Stein

Karen Stein Active Member

Now we know why they don't let donkeys go to college.

Lepke likes this.

6. Go4

Go4 New Member

Great response!

I just might a tee shirt made with "Don't let donkeys go to college"

7. Lepke

Lepke Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Intoxicated people don't give a damn and will be belligerent right into the camera.

They do not take into consideration the ramifications because they are inebriated.

8. Red Leader

Yea, lets hear how that works out. Everyone seems to like that one. I just don't like how small the scan disk cards are. They should take the 200 gig cards.

thepanttherlady likes this.
  9. Red Leader

Of course. Nothing is 100%. And that's why you have them to begin with.

Lepke likes this.
  10. cazman

cazman New Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Here's a sure way to avoid picking up drunk people. I roll up, doors locked, passenger window cracked. I shout "How do you pronounce the capital of Kentucky....Lou-e-ville or Lu vull?". If they do not answer "Frankfort", I simply drive off.

thepanttherlady and Lepke like this.
  11. PCH5150

PCH5150 New Member

A good way to avoid unruly passengers is to club them over the head and stuff them in the trunk. This way I don't have to vacuum out my back seat nearly as much!

Lepke likes this.
  12. Go4

Go4 New Member

Had a pax ask about the dashcam last night. "Does it record inside and outside? Does it save locally or in the cloud? How long are the files saved?" etc

I told them "Oh yes, it records both inside and outside for safety reasons in case of an accident." "I have it set up to send the files to the cloud and it writes over the file after about 6 hours so nothing is saved unless there is a problem."

After that the pax was one of the nicest pax I have ever had! 5 star too.

Lepke likes this.
  13. cazman

cazman New Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    “ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”

Nice going Go4. Very nice! Go4th and Prosper.

14. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    74702970.jpg

15. HoustonGirl

HoustonGirl New Member

They don't consent, they don't have to ride.