1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

UberX - do you take 5pax?

Discussion in 'Advice' started by xlr8ed, Jan 8, 2017.

1. xlr8ed

xlr8ed Member

Driving:
    UberX
    just noticed in the PAX app that the rates are for 1-4 pax.

Also- have been getting a lot of 3pax requests for pool and the PAC are unhappy when I decline their request at pickup

Attached Files:

2. Dukedawg

Dukedawg Member

Never. Fairly certain insurance won't cover it.

BOScusdriver and iUBERdc like this.
  3. The Ombudsman

The Ombudsman Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    That, plus if you got pulled over by the po-po, you're likely to get a ticket for stuffing too many people in your car, driving rideshare or not.

I had a post-concert pool request on NYE for four people. Told'em no. Got told I was "WACK, man. You're WACK." Ok then.

Blackout 702 and iUBERdc like this.
  4. Red Leader

Red Leader Well-Known Member

No

iUBERdc likes this.
  5. richyrich567

richyrich567 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    2 pass max for me. 3 or more trying to get in. automatic no show and i take off. more pass in car=bad news.....

freddieman, ziliano and iUBERdc like this.

6. iUBERdc

iUBERdc Active Member

Your insurance will drop you so fast your head will hurt if they find you have more than 4 pax. Have an accident and you're financially screwed for life. Will you risk it all for a 5$ fare and for an ungrateful UBER that will throw you under the bus the moment they can?

FL_Dex, BOScusdriver and JasonB like this.
  7. lyftuberandhopefullyjuno

lyftuberandhopefullyjuno Active Member

Never take 5, unless you want to get deactivated for safety

Plus the xl guys should get it

8. JimKE

JimKE Well-Known Member

X is 1-4 max. If you have more than 4, as others have posted:
    • You could get a ticket for more pax than seatbelts -- which could affect your regular car insurance rates, even if they don't figure out that you're Ubering.
    • You are violating Uber's TOS, and therefore are not covered by their insurance.
    • You could get deactivated if discovered (by a pax complaining about crowded conditions, etc)
      • Reality check: Pax who sweet-talk you into taking 5 on X will then complain to Uber about you overcrowding them to get their cheap ride FREE. If you think they won't, you are living in a dream world.
    UberPoo is 1-2 pax per stop, up to a max of 4 pax in your car at one time. All of the above apply if you violate those limits. Plus Poopax are going to give you lousy ratings anyway.

Your job is A to B safely. You were not placed on earth to do people favors -- especially those who would scam you so they don't have to pay you more money.

You live in the land of entitled Millennials. You have to protect yourself. Nobody is going to do that for you.

9. Coachman

Coachman Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Not necessarily. They would have to show that the extra passenger was a contributory cause of the accident. If the extra person was not buckled in and was injured, they could deny medical coverage.

10. iUBERdc

iUBERdc Active Member

I assure you your insurance will drop your entire policy and leave you hanging dry for any and all damage/liability

11. mmmike

mmmike Active Member

I drive a vehicle that holds 6 plus me.. on a few occasions 5 or 6 get in on an X ride. I remind them they ordered an X not XL ... and wait for some kind of response, really to call them out. I let them all in though. If they tip at the end, 5stars. If they don't, 1star.

BOScusdriver likes this.
  12. UberMeansSuper

UberMeansSuper Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    X = 1-4 only
    XL = 1-6 only
    UPool = no, just no; stop being a mini bus service.

brendon292, Oh-Lord and Blackout 702 like this.
  13. Bean

Bean Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I did once, 10min later got pulled over for all passengers not having seat belts. Officer was cool and gave me a warning. Don't risk it!

BOScusdriver and Shangsta like this.
  14. TotC

TotC Member

Are you set up with Uber as an XL ride?

15. CvilleUber

CvilleUber Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I tell them upfront, "You ordered X, that's for 4 people, if you have more than that, I'll have to upgrade you to XL, that's Uber's rules, sorry."

I'm an XL and probably once or twice each night I get an X request with 5 passengers. Simple help request to Uber gets it upgraded to XL.

16. mmmike

mmmike Active Member

Yeah, X, XL, and Select

17. mmmike

mmmike Active Member

So you engage uber after the ride and have the fare adjusted? Cool. I'll do that next time.

EDIT: I logged a fare adjustment with Uber. There is even a "more than 4 riders" item to choose. Awesome!! From now on, no more guilt trips. I'll kindly let them know not to worry, I'll get this "adjusted for you". All aboard!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    Blackout 702 likes this.
  18. Do tell

Do tell Well-Known Member

Being a clown car, clowns-820x555.png it's fun.LOL

JTR and JasonB like this.
  19. hulksmash

hulksmash Active Member

Some pax are smart and will try to take advantage when they see an XL car logged in as X and try to get an XL ride for X rates

Exact thing happened to me recently. They played dumb but were willing to pay cash to cover the difference, so I didn't request an adjustment. I didn't do the math to see if the tip would compensate for the difference. Pax seemed cool about it since they were desperate to get a ride. Played dumb about not being able to find an XL (I was the only one around and went without a ping for a while). A few days later I get a complaint about taking cash. I did this ******* a favor, the tip was less than what the adjustment would've been, and he tries to throw me under the bus. Lesson being just do the adjustment through the app, and have a dash cam in case they dispute the number of riders.

cindym, Bean, Blackout 702 and 2 others like this.
  20. mmmike

mmmike Active Member

Cool. Knowing I can do the adjustment. BTW, uber already resolved the adjustment I asked for and did so within an hour. . Side note: I've contacted uber like 4 times for various reasons, and they have resolved each issue same day, not sure where all the complaints about their support desk is coming from... but anyway.
    When a pax tries to squeeze 5-6 in an X ride I'll let them know I'll be adjusting in the app for XL. I'll get their confirmation before we start trip. Prob won't get that coveted 5star but whatevs....