1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

#uberSuggestion

Discussion in 'Technology' started by UberXTampa, Oct 16, 2015.

1. UberXTampa

UberXTampa Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    #UberSuggestion

Driver app should run in background and must not prompt if we still want to stay online.

This is very annoying and it needs to be corrected, just like Lyft does!

#UberSuggestion

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  2. UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
    #UberSuggestion

Both driver and rider ratings should include asymmetric collateral damage at a rate of 20%.

Driver rating should be 80% what riders rated + 20% what we rated the riders.
    Rider rating should be 80% what drivers rated + 20% of what rider rated his drivers.

Reason #1: Some drivers that unjustifiably rate people should be stung with their own venom.

Reason#2: Some riders that rate drivers low and unjustifiably low will also be stung by their own poison.

After all, we are responsible to some degree from what is happening around us. In most cases, we need to be able to turn a bad situation into a positive one. Also, some customers can help turn a bad situation or misunderstanding into a good one if they try a little bit.

By adding the collateral damage system into ratings, we assure an asymmetric design where we are responsible for the damage we give to others and others are also held responsible from damages they give us.

A rider that rates all their drivers low will be negatively impacted just like a driver rating all his riders low.

#UberSuggestion

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    Buckwheat1210, glados and NOLA-Uber like this.
  3. UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
    #UberSuggestion

We should be able to set an address as our ultimate destination and Uber should only give us trips that gets us closer to that destination.

For example, if we are going to work and we know it is always busy at that time of the day, we risk getting set back and away from our destination by taking all trips.

If we attempt to filter/cancel/ACRO etc..., we get get deactivated.

The right way to do it is to be able to set our destination and every trip we are asked to take should put us closer to our destination.

#UberSuggestion

4. DocT

DocT Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    You mean.. you want Uber to use us as an ACTUAL Ride Share??? No ways! Get outta here! *end sarcasm, for those who don't get it*

Fuber'd, F213 and UberXTampa like this.
  5. UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
    #UberSuggestion

Eliminate SRF. Instead, beef up the minute rate and take a flat ratio from the entire fare as Uber's cut.

Minute rate as it is is ridiculously low and does not reflect a true value of our service.
    SRF on the other hand is a work around by Uber to steal a portion of the fare without agreeing to share it with the driver.

A more partner-like approach is to get rid of the SRF, formulate a better mileage rate and share the fare with the driver at whatever ratio Uber sees fit their corporate objectives. even if it is 25%, I am OK with it.

SRF was an invention of creative accounting that was introduced later on and never was available in the original Uber fees.

#UberSuggestion

6. UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
    #UberSuggestion

Provide weekly earning targets based on our 52-week rolling pay week.

For example:
    If I managed to earn $500.00 net on the week of Halloween last year, my objective should be to beat that number this year.
    If I am averaging $350.00/week from the day I started and until now, I should be provided that average weekly net earnings figure so I know what number I should strive to beat personally.

Uber can calculate these numbers for every partner and provide it in the weekly report as a reference point to help set personal objectives.

Driving is a cyclic business and providing the weekly average earnings for a full year and the net earnings for exact same week last year forms a good basis to compare our performance benchmarks.

#UberSuggestion

7. UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
    #UberSuggestion

Driver app should have contextual standard questions a driver may ask the pax with a simple push of a button.

Example#1: Driver wants to make sure pick up address is correct by sending "Please confirm address/location/landmark for more accurate pickup" with a push of a button on the app.

Example#2: Heading to a gated community, driver asks "Please provide gate code, building number, special directions for your community!"

Example#3:
    Uber driver ETA shows much higher than actual arrival and driver needs to send "I will arrive in 2 minutes, please be ready to go when I arrive!"

As you see, the driver application should have pre-programmed-questions that we can send to rider directly without having to type any of this or flip to another screen.
    Questions can be contextual at later more improved phase.
    Let's say you are at Tampa International Airport and "you simply pushed a button!" to request a ride.
    Driver screen must have the contextual question be made available to ask "which airline sign are you under?"

#UberSuggestion

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  8. Dontmakemepullauonyou

Dontmakemepullauonyou Well-Known Member

I think the rating should be much simpler.

Simply trips that riders choose not to rate, after 1 week automatically turn into 5-star trips.

9. UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
    #UberSuggestion

Driver app should be able to show me my personal heat map.

Based on past ride requests, I need to have a pictorial view of where I made my most pickups.
    My map should be able to display to me areas that have been hot for me.
    A personalized heat map that is.

when I am in doubt where to stand for more pickups, I should be able to toggle my personal heat map and start driving to the nearest area I believe makes sense for the time of the day.

#UberSuggestion

10. UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
    #UberSuggestion

Every trip should automatically be rated 5-star unless rider wants to override it.

In this case, if a rider forgets to rate, it is a 5-star. Otherwise, if he inputs a rating, it is that rating.

#UberSuggestion

11. UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
    #UberSuggestion

Each rider earns 1 credit every 100 rides for dropping a rating of a specific trip.

Let's say I have completed 300 rides and I have earned 3 credits to use against some rider ratings that I believe might have been influenced by racism, being drunk, being disrespectful, trying to do illegal things in car, rider being late, rider wanting several stops and asking em to wait, rider wants me to wait while shopping at walmart, etc..

If I determine that a rider's rating is biased and highly unlikely that he would rate me fairly, I should be allowed to use 1 credit against the rating of that rider so that I eliminate it. an explanation should be required when this rating removal is allowed.

#UberSuggestion

ItookurRider likes this.
  12. UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
    #UberSuggestion

Add a TIP option.

You are already a $70b company and pre-IPO! Drivers in most markets are not feeling that they are part of a huge success since they make below minimum wage income. You can help by allowing tipping in the app.

#UberSuggestion

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  13. UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
    #UberSuggestion

Force riders with low ratings watch a brief educational video of 15 seconds or less before being allowed to order a ride.

Any rider that has a rating less than 4.9 should be forced to watch a video each time they are about to place an order.

Video choice can be based on analitics gathered from previous trips:
    * Rider took too long to come to car (big gap between driver arrival and trip start): PAX must know this is an On Demand service and they are expected to be on the curb when driver arrives.
    * Too many stops along the way: Pax must be educated to be quick if they need to stop for long times or alternatively to make separate trips for each long stop.
    * Actual Pick up address different than initially provided pin-drop: PAX must be trained to input address correctly

Since Uber claims they are a technology company, these are some of the things they must do to improve the experience for both driver and passenger.

#UberSuggestion

14. UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
    #UberSuggestion

Uber should instruct passengers in gated communities and apartment complexes to provide more information for better pick up experience or even suggest pax to meet driver in front of gate.

Distinguishing between streets and gated communities is the next level of detail and intelligence that need to be added to the Uber app.
    This is a tedious and long time effort to identify the most problematic pick up communities and help riders as well as drivers get better experience when a request comes from these communities.

#UberSuggestion

Buckwheat1210, Qdog915 and DocT like this.
  15. UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
    #UberSuggestion

Give your driver partners access to UBER shares at IPO prices when it is offered to the public.

We should be allowed to buy Uber shares up to our net Uber earnings amount.

What other gesture can best demonstrate we are partners? True partners?

#UberSuggestion

Buckwheat1210 and NOLA-Uber like this.
  16. UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
    #UberSuggestion

Add a number on top of the car in driver dashboard to represent the ETA of the nearest Uber driver to our current location excluding our own car.

Often we monitor other drivers and want to know how far they are from our current location. If this is provided to us all the time, it will help Uber drivers spread out and cover a larger territory instead of forming clusters. It will also improve availability of the service as well as safety of the driver because drivers will not need to constantly flip between driver and rider apps.

#UberSuggestion

ItookurRider likes this.
  17. rtaatl

rtaatl Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    Great suggestions....yet one problem. Uber doesn't give a damn about its drivers nor riders. This company is turning into one big pump n dump. Surges aren't real....cars on maps aren't real...hell, sometimes we don't know if the calculated fares or closest pings are real anymore. Everything is completely manipulated now.

CityGirl and ItookurRider like this.
  18. ATL2SD

ATL2SD Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    TK's driver suggestion box....

image.jpg

NANDO and chi1cabby like this.
  19. UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
    #UberSuggestion

Activate the fuel card automatically when we have 200 completed trips in any given 30-day rolling window. Deactivate if we fall below 200 trips.

If you complete 199 trips this month and tomorrow is 1st day of the next month and you complete more trips, your counter resets.
    Counter must be a rolling 30-day window of 200 completed trips to smooth the efefct of constant resetting.

#UberSuggestion

ItookurRider likes this.
  20. Kori

Kori Member

You have lots of great advice, would love to chat with you about some features offline... - Kori

chi1cabby likes this.