1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber turned me on!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Danny3xd, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Well-Known Member

Just got the text from Das Uber and background check went threw! (Told em I had one, sheesh)

I started the process last year but couldn't sign in and stuck with just lyft.

But anyway, I am mightily impressed with the app and webinars! Seriously, leaps and bounds over Lyft's app.

That and finding pertinent information, so far, has been a snap! I really like the look, feel and function. I have yet to do a ride but am excited. On a good day, I only do 4 or 5 lyfts from around 6am until noonish.

LoL, OK. Begin the bemoaning. With tales of poverty, bad company practices and depreciation! But oh, the humanity (and deprecation!) Snicker.

But I really are excited. Spend more time sitting than driving now. With it cold and driving a Prius. I use the same amount of gas either way

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    Blackout 702 likes this.
  2. Blackout 702

Blackout 702 Well-Known Member

Shill!!! Owner! Employee! Apologist! Undercover Uber agent provocateur!

The Mollusk and Danny3xd like this.
  3. ChortlingCrison

ChortlingCrison Well-Known Member

Go get em Tiger!!

Danny3xd and SibeRescueBrian like this.
  4. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Don't get jealous

Peanut hello and Danny3xd like this.
  5. Danny3xd

I guess the chimp is right if ya really think about it. LOL!

(and I had to look up "apologist" 2 funny, fuzzy!

Blackout 702 likes this.

6. Danny3xd

Yeah, Buddy!

LoL
    =====================================
    Talk to me in a week, I know but really am excited

7. Danny3xd

Where are the voices of doom, gloom and corporate evil doing?
    Not one lament on car depreciation!?

Seriously, you guys are slipping.

Undermensch and Blackout 702 like this.
  8. GalinMcMahon

GalinMcMahon Active Member

Good luck. I hope you can make it to that magical $10 an hour mark!

Danny3xd likes this.
  9. Danny3xd

Adding to my Lyft take home. I was hoping for $11, Galin. lol''

LevittownPa likes this.
  10. Danny3xd

Forgot to say. While at the greenlite station, they gave me 4 cases of water. When I went in, L was wondering why guys were walking out with em. They signed up 4 other guys (they were all male) in the 14 minutes I was there.

Kinda worried me. But this is the life we have chosen!

Grahamcracker likes this.
  11. mghtyred

mghtyred Well-Known Member

They're still giving out water over there? Wow. All I can say is good luck.

12. Danny3xd

Thanks, MGHT. Hope they don't think I will keep that up. It is the sniffle, cough & sneeze season here in CT. Following Karen Stein's advice, I have been offering cough-drops. Huge hit and kinda cool to offer comfort. I just don't wanna pay for it, LoL

13. Danny3xd

First day with Uber went awesome! I really enjoyed it. And my very first passenger tipped me $4 bucks, lol. I explained to him what a sore spot this was with a lot of drivers and seemed to amuse him. Just luck of the draw, I'm sure but every pax was interesting and fun.

I did double the rides and $ as I do for lyft in the same time. It was Sunday So maybe that has something to do with it.
    Just all around, a great first experience.

I had thought it would be busier but pretty much the same deal as Lyft. (I do enjoy lyft) But the app is just so much better, far and away. I kept the 5* throughout the 9 rides. Only 2 folks rated. But unlike lyft, you can see the comments if something was/is amiss. Can't fix or ignore an issue ya don't know about. Kind of a sticking point with me, about lyft. 4.* and dunno why. I wrote and asked but still didn't see exactly what was the problem or exact comments. But I still really like Lyft.

A day or 2 later, got a text from Uber saying thank you and that I was in the top 10% for CT that day. Made me enjoy a good day even more. (But give me time, snork!

This gig, side hustle is perfect for me and I Really enjoy it. But lyft's not being more forthcoming with why after 87 rides, I still have mashugana *'s was really frustrating and taking the wind out of my sails. Guess that seems silly but I am very mission oriented and failing with out a way to address it was really, really bothersome.

Then yesterday, Got a text invite to the greenlite station in Hartford for a"how-to" For the app, where to try and find the best locations, "tips for the road" etc.

Just all around, very professional and good experience.

:D

The Mollusk and Blackout 702 like this.
  14. Danny3xd

Oh, and the little (not so little) side perks and discounts from Uber uber are better. Just seems all around better thought out and exicuted in a more professional manner.

Not that I plan on ditching or think badly of lyft. Just musing, I guess.

15. Drivincrazy

Drivincrazy Active Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Chat with us in 2K rides....

Danny3xd likes this.
  16. Danny3xd

You're right. The honeymoon phase, fer sure.

But I really do enjoy this "work" and all of it fits my needs perfectly. The turn the app on and work. Off and stop, is awesome. My courier biz, ya have to take the phone into the restroom, answer at 3 am and ya go to the bottom of the list if ya miss a call.

'Ya gotta hurry. It needs to be there in 8 minutes" It's a 2 hr drive in a snow storm...

Nope, this works out great for me.

Blackout 702 likes this.
  17. LevittownPa

LevittownPa Active Member

LMAO

Danny3xd likes this.
  18. Danny3xd

19. Grahamcracker

Grahamcracker Well-Known Member

When you run out, you should go get more from them. Lol