1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber is keeping 25% of our fares

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by Megan5093, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Megan5093

Megan5093 New Member

Is anybody else noticing Uber taking 25% of our fares last I checked it was only supposed to be 20%

noe, me2 and BuckNaked2k like this.
  2. UberChicago80

UberChicago80 Active Member

Pics please? They are not supposed to change without telling us. Are you a new driver? I would cut back on quality of water bottles and start offering generic instead of Fiji

3. Megan5093

Megan5093 New Member

They messaged me back and said that 25% is the correct percent they are supposed to keep

Kembolicous and tohunt4me like this.
  4. Megan5093

Megan5093 New Member

5. supernaut

supernaut Well-Known Member

^ That is MESSED up right there.

The percentage they take is based on when you decided to become a "partner". Iirc, it was 15% years ago, then they increased it to 20%, and more recently 25%. I s'pose you should be "thankful" that they're not retroactively charging you the extra 5% that they "earned " from all your rides.

6. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    You know what's worse? The pax are keeping 50% of your fare.

7. SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    When the hell was it ever 15%? I thought I was one of the first to ever drive for Uber in AZ back in 2012. Are you an SUV driver?

tohunt4me likes this.
  8. supernaut

I don't know, I just thought it used to be lower than 20%, back in the "good old days ". I could be wrong though, and maybe that was never the case in AZ.

tohunt4me likes this.
  9. ericc

ericc Active Member

When did you sign up became driver?

tohunt4me likes this.
  10. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Sad but true

ErkanAk and SEAL Team 5 like this.
  11. Uber-licious

Uber-licious Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It was originally 10%, then 20 and later 25

12. SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    "I don't know". That was Mr. Hands favorite quote. He even wrote it on the chalk board for all his other classes to see making sure. "Am I going to pass your class Mr. Hand? Gee Mr. Spicoli I don't know."
    Uber X's fee started at 20% in 2012 and their rates were $2.25/mile. Back in the day it was easy to make $1500 on the X platform and $2000 on the Black/SUV platform in a week. Then everybody joined the fare for hire industry. Uber has completely convinced American drivers that it only cost pennies a mile to operate.

Kembolicous, supernaut and wk1102 like this.
  13. SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    When and where was it ever 10%. You must of been with Uber back in 2010.

14. supernaut

Ok. I didn't realize I was at Ridgemont High. Calm down, bro, I'll share my pizza with the class.

15. SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    But when Linda Barrett gets out of the pool to The Cars playing "Life's the Same" I would have to put my pizza down. Damn Brad, he had a better fantasy then me,

16. Buddywannaride

Buddywannaride Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    They actually don't charge pax by "fare" rates anymore. They make up an arbitrary "upfront fare" and keep anywhere from 25 to 55 percent of this upfront fare. It was a way for them to raise revenue without including drivers. The problem is, Uber is a scam company and their business ethics are non-existent. Drivers should be paid far more of the upfront fare than they currently are. This will certainly be a lawsuit someday. In the mean time, hopefully Lyft or some other rideshare company stays more ethical.

17. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

"Hear that sound? *thud *thud *thud* that's my skull".

One of my all time favorite movies!

Danny3xd, supernaut and SEAL Team 5 like this.
  18. SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    "If you're here and I'm here doesn't that make it our time? And certainly there's nothing wrong with a little feast on our time."

19. jfinks

jfinks Active Member

When it was 2.25 a mile did they have multiple X surging? The reason per mile rates are kept low is because of surge. It wouldn't work to surge 2.25 per mile but surging .90 per mile at 2x or 2.5x is still competitive with Cab rates.

SEAL Team 5 likes this.
  20. UberChicago80

UberChicago80 Active Member

It is so low I feel it cannot go lower

Kembolicous likes this.