1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber Drivers Canceling Trips After Finding Out Final Destination

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark Johnson, Dec 29, 2016.

1. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow Well-Known Member

You're upset because you know I'm right. As I've made crystal clear already, the problem was that you didn't post any real proof originally. It wasn't til I made a stink that you posted something that people could take for actually being proof. You can keep crying all you want.

2. uberdriverfornow

Because he/she only made a fifth of my weekly earnings, and not working enough trips to get the weekly bonus.

3. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Well-Known Member

It's folks like you that give us drivers a bad name. Make everyone think that the average driver is an Uber shill with no aspirations to better themselves in life other than driving 40-60 hours a week for minimum wage and come out thinking they are on top in life and ruling the world -- very low IQ individuals.

Taxis have it better than us. But hey, who am I to judge right? Keep making your gross $1000 per week AFTER $270 in temporary promotions and as always...

Uber On!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  4. phillipzx3

phillipzx3 Well-Known Member

Considering the little to zero out of pocket cost to drive for Uber, you're paid plenty fair. The problem is Uber drivers were silly enough to think flooding the streets with thousands of other "partners" was a smart thing to do because it showed those $$ greedy cabs how things should be done.

Uber drivers made their bed. ;-)

5. FUberX

FUberX Well-Known Member

Do you do pickups at LAX? Could you imagine waiting 30-45 minutes for a ping, then driving through 15 minutes of traffic to terminal 3, Then trying maneuver through another 15 minutes of traffic to leave the airport, all for a destination on century Blvd.

I totally get it, I just don't do airport pickups, problem solved....

Craven Morehear and Mark Johnson like this.

6. Trump Economics

Trump Economics Active Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Cancel, cancel, cancel! Show these passengers what less than minimum wage gets you!!!

7. uberdriverfornow

Lol ? Are you delusional ?

I am. And I will.

8. Mark Johnson

9. Demon

Demon Well-Known Member

grams777 likes this.
  10. uberdriverfornow

Uber's response to Local 10 News in that link you provided proves what you posted is not in line with what Uber really expects. As I've said before, people should not be calling customers but I can understand why some drivers do.

11. Cole Hann

Cole Hann Active Member

Dude, after numerous car expenses (.54 per mile) and taxes, you sir are poverty level.
    Gov supplementing ur food, rent & healthcare?
    If not, u qualify. Sign up today!

Mark Johnson likes this.
  12. Oscar Levant

Oscar Levant Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    I drove a taxi for 10 years, both in L.A & San Diego Airports, and we were not allowed to turn any customer away that approached our taxi. But, some do, of course. Thing is, if it was a short ride, we got a slip that allowed us to go to the front of the line on return to the airport, as I recall. That being said, raising a rate comparable to what Taxis charge would go a long ways to prevent cherry picking. Anther thing, as an Uber driver, I find that I wait a shorter time for a ride than the guys in the taxi lines.

grams777 and BKK_SFO_Driver like this.
  13. BKK_SFO_Driver

BKK_SFO_Driver New Member

JMHO,

When someone is receiving a service for as low as they do with UBER/Lyft, they should question their use of the service and if it aligns with their stated beliefs. I've met passengers on Lyft that absolutely agree that UBER's practices are predatory and exclusively use Lyft because their values are more aligned with the message Lyft conveys. They know it costs marginally more and are willing to pay that extra bit. Conversely I've met UBER passengers that are obviously SJW's and For equality in name only. They are happy to reap the benefits of a cheap ride without any responsibility. My favorite was the passenger I had from Texas who was going on about how she was "old school & traditional" when talking about how people in SF go dutch when they are on dates and going through courtship, but she certainly did not go "old school & traditional" when the ride ended and didn't leave a tip.

At it's most basic level we agreed to be independent contractors on the reasonable assumption that all contracts/rides would be profitable enough to run an independent business. When we don't know the destination and the deck is stacked against us for cancellations, acceptance, and ratings it is grossly unbalanced. I don't even mind the fact that driver-less cars will probably replace us, but that doesn't mean I'm willing to get ripped off while I do the dirty work of data mining for the company. It's the don't piss on me and tell me it's raining philosophy.

We can talk about strategy and all the like all we want but at the end of the day the company model also relies on efficiency which if everyone working had the best strategy and only implemented it with extreme prejudice these companies would not have the efficiency at the level customers have come to and should expect. The simplest solution is to raise the rates, or let drivers set their own rates per mi./km & minute. and compete against each other. Having a greater degree of negotiating and independence in this contract is sorely needed.

Craven Morehear likes this.
  14. BKK_SFO_Driver

BKK_SFO_Driver New Member

Go to the SFO staging lot and you'll be waiting hours with all the guys camping out there. They had a car cleaning competition one day and flooded the lot with soapy water with all the cock and bull chest puffing.

15. I have another that is similar, should I bother?

16. Uber talks too much.

A contractor has no obligation to take a job he does not desire to complete, much more the fact they hid away info of the potential jobs having (on record [changes in the app]) been given the ability to see them prior to accepting them, their negligence is not the contractor's problem, it's theirs as the brokers.

To manipulate a contractor into taking a job by hiding information and threatening to end relations (again on record by emails and communications), you now entered the employee zone for which unemployment is served.

If we are contractors we get contractor treatment, I don't see them giving me a car, gas, repairs, maintenance and benefits, do you?

Mark Johnson likes this.
  17. Demon

Demon Well-Known Member

You are in no way a contractor.

18. uberdriverfornow

They should have a slider in our account that they allow drivers to dictate how far we go for a pickup and how far we go for a destination.

It's for reasons such as this that labor commisioners constantly find Uber liable for driver unemployment benefits.

19. uberdriverfornow

Not really. Uber has made it clear what the non-Uber speaking CSR's constantly tell drivers in emails is rarely true.

That next link you quoted for example.

20. Mark Johnson

Well said my friend...

I pretty stated the same thing in another thread. Uber only calls us contractors to as a means to bypass several taxi regulations and thus fees they would be obligated to pay. But they treat us as anything but.

The ONLY thing we still have in our corner is the ability to choose when we wish to work or not. For example, I haven't done Uber in over 2 months. Been putting more efforts into my other "hustle" and work as the pay out is much more. And with threads such as this one claiming that Uber is trying to permit pax to pay us in CASH o_O I don't see myself being an Uber driver much longer.

How can you say drivers aren't allowed to carry a gun (which Uber has no jurisdiction over) and yet make us a target by allowing us to accept cash payments?

Well, that's Uber for you...