1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber didn't pay because I picked up same passenger

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Carrier222, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Carrier222

Carrier222 New Member

I usually take the same passenger to work on a daily basis because I stay a couple of blocks from this passenger. When I go to do the instant payout I'm all of a sudden negative $66. When I contact Uber they first tell me that there was unauthorized use/ fraud. I then explained to them I'd been taking the same passenger for months. After going back and forth they paid me for one trip then stated that Uber has a policy in place that prohibits drivers from being connected to the same passenger multiple times. I'd never heard of this until now. I know Lyft does it, but this is a first for Uber. Been driving for Uber for 2+ years and ratings over 4.8. They had first said that there was fraud/ card issue, then when I told them that the passenger works inside for Uber they then came up with this policy thing. I'm quitting the company. Oh the minus $66 is the amount they deducted for 4 rides that week with the same passenger.

2. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Well-Known Member

I don't think they can take it, if you did the work!

JTR, Grahamcracker and tohunt4me like this.
  3. Carrier222

Carrier222 New Member

I'll be at the office bright and early.

MidKnightHer and tohunt4me like this.
  4. Danny3xd

Yes!

And please post outcome.

MidKnightHer likes this.
  5. istravisthewizardofoz

istravisthewizardofoz Member

They do this because they are afraid if you get to know your passengers you will cut them out. You are an independent contractor. Get a square reader and you and the passenger work it out.

uber1969, brendon292, iUBERdc and 7 others like this.

6. Danny3xd

Sadly, that makes since....

MidKnightHer and tohunt4me like this.
  7. LEAFdriver

LEAFdriver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Bad advice. You are not insured to carry pax for pay unless you are a Taxi and/or have commercial insurance.

This is yet just another way Uber is proving to be an Employer. They micro-manage everything the drivers do. I'm a driver in the far north suburbs. Without 'regular' pax.....I would barely have ANY pax!

I got SICK of all the illegal garbage Uber was pulling. I exclusively drive LYFT now. I wish more drivers would make the same move!

JTR, tohunt4me and phillipzx3 like this.
  8. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Even if you accept the passenger through the application, the computer will flag you if you keep picking up the same customer.

JTR, MidKnightHer and tohunt4me like this.
  9. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    It's just another really terrible policy that uber has. There's no reason for doing this as long as the trip comes through the system. They literally TEACH us to do this at the cab company I drive for. But then again the company makes most of it's money by leasing taxis to us not by taking a cut of fares, really as long as we pay for the car they aren't losing anything...

If uber has a policy against this then after doing X pings from the same passenger it should lock the driver from getting pings from them, not stealing your money.

If i were you I would take this to the media if you get deactivated over this.

I would be outraged.

JTR, cakoo10, Woodbury77 and 4 others like this.
  10. uberist

uberist Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Thats BS go to a greenlight location make them show you that policy, I drive the same area all the time and pax always remind me I have driven them before.

So what they are encouraging here is that you do one trip, then make a deal with your regular pax to pay cash off of uber.

And ask your regular pax if they refunded all of the fares, that they did not pay you.

Please report back

PS. Dont you all just love how ubers actions are not to block and notify you and the pax of the policy, ubers action is to simply steal your money and hope you dont notice.

JTR, Undermensch, cakoo10 and 2 others like this.
  11. Bean

Bean Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Stories like this are why I don't have a bank account with Uber's affiliate. I don't mind getting a weekly deposit if it means it goes into My bank account.

Woodbury77 and tohunt4me like this.
  12. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

I have the same person a ride 3-5 days per week for over 6 months, never had an issue.

13. UberChicago80

UberChicago80 Active Member

This is just another example of Uber sticking it to fellow high rated drivers!

JTR and tohunt4me like this.
  14. Steven Ambrose

Steven Ambrose Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I have been paired up with 3 passengers in my apartment building. I used to take her to work every morning like clock work.

15. pitflyer

pitflyer Member

While I haven't had repeat passengers on Uber I have many on Lyft.. especially since the smaller market and where I am I often get the same pax. No problems getting paid.

Is there a policy on either platform I don't know about?

Woodbury77, iUBERdc and tohunt4me like this.
  16. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Get a credit card reader,allow your passenger to pay you directly. Uber won't reward your hard work and initiative for passenger recruitment ? One of the many things wrong with Uber. Reward yourself,cut Uber out.

JTR and iUBERdc like this.
  17. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Then your driving around without insurance coverage... which is very very bad. you can loose 3 years of full time income in one bad accident, plus another 3 years of being in court.

JTR and Woodbury77 like this.
  18. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Uber has taught us " who needs rules".

JTR and MaximusMurkimus like this.
  19. tradedate

tradedate Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    The OP says the passenger is an uber employee. They're not going to go off app.

negeorgia likes this.
  20. Carrier222

Carrier222 New Member

After going to the office twice in one day,Uber eventually got it right and paid me the next day. It's funny how Uber is constantly telling us that we're independent contractors, but trying to dictate who we can and can't pick up. They are treating us like employees and not independent contractors!!!

Woodbury77 likes this.