Uber Drivers Forum banner

Uber asks judge to toss class action lawsuit by claiming it was only lying to passengers, not driver

4K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  uberdriverfornow 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I got a first time rider today. Her daughter instructed her not to tip. We spoked about that fot a minute. She tipped me $4.
I said that rates are 1/2 of the taxi rates minus 20% uber commissions and there is nothing else added on top of it exept a safety $1 that uber keeps for themselves.

#13 ·
I hope the ride wasn't on the daughters account. When she finds out mom tipped you, look out for 1 star.

I had 5 tips over weekend, the lowest was $5. One guy tipped $10 on a $7 dollar fare. Now I just smile and say thanks. I've been getting more tips on uber than on lyft.

#5 ·
The fact that Uber takes any position on tipping such as saying "tipping is not necessary" is taking advantage of the limited use of the English language public school grads have.

Coming from an authority figure, who owns the company it sounds like the law, or a hard and fast rule, when in fact it says nothing.

Washing your hands after using the bathroom is "not necessary"
Using your turn signal is "not necessary"
saying thank you is "not necessary"

oops, I just described normal, never mind.

#7 ·
Using your turn signal is "not necessary"
I'm fairly certain that by law, using your turn signals is necessary. Just sayin'

#6 ·
If y'all want to have an impact on the Uber narrative in the press, you need to reach out to journalists on Twitter. And use some kind of consistent hashtag so it is easy for other journalists to find similar posts. (Most journalists will respect your request to remain anonymous if you ask.)

#UberXploits is one, but maybe something a tad more rider-friendly would be better.

With the latest admission by Uber in court that it lied to pax, maybe #UberLies would be better.

#10 ·
If y'all want to have an impact on the Uber narrative in the press, you need to reach out to journalists on Twitter. And use some kind of consistent hashtag so it is easy for other journalists to find similar posts. (Most journalists will respect your request to remain anonymous if you ask.)

#UberXploits is one, but maybe something a tad more rider-friendly would be better.

With the latest admission by Uber in court that it lied to pax, maybe #UberLies would be better. Ilike that idea

#12 · (Edited)
[QUOTE=""The most important single central fact about a free market is that no exchange takes place unless both parties benefit." -Milton Friedman'[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, Milton Friedman, the man who touts free markets as the panacea to all economic ills. Though the quote sounds nice, it's not even remotely true. In a free market, exchanges often take place where one party gains at the expense of the other. Employee pay versus CEO benefits, which have increased exponentially on the CEO side versus employee side, over the last 30 years, is an example. Laissez-Fair with (the right amount of and fair ) regulation, which is a centrist approach, is better, for, without it, it's a fool's paradise.

#14 ·
In other words, the drivers have no case against Uber because it waspassengers that Uber was lying to, not drivers.

Read the complete story from this link http://pando.com/2014/09/03/uber-as...-it-was-only-lying-to-passengers-not-drivers/
POST # 1 /Nesnas.: Bostonian Bison
finds that it's
been 11 weeks since you
last posted. The Hyperlink to Pando
Daily here is the kind of Quality Content
that chi1cabby has provided for the
last 46 weeks. Alas he is departing for
Duties Unknown: his "wake" is ongoing
in People.

My point here is that we all need to help
fill the "Newsmeister"s Shoes and you've
demonstrated a talent for it. Please come
back with more?

Community Organizing Bison, out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.