1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber Admits to Masking Pool Requests!

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by Chicago Blues, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Chicago Blues

Chicago Blues Member

I've been going round with Support with the issue of being unable to see ride types in requests X vs Pool (see attached) when accepting rides. 15 emails later I got the clowns to admit to masking the ride types.

The ride type will no longer be visible.

It's not the software folks, it's yet another unethical shift in their strategy. If it hasn't happened to you yet, it's about to.

"Thanks for partnering with Uber and I understand the trouble in accepting trips which will affect your ratings and earnings. It is my pleasure to assist.

Upon receiving the trip you will only see the details of the trip including what vehicle class it would be once you accepted the trip. It is to avoid cherry picking and to make sure to accept the trip for partner's acceptance rate.

Your feedback is very valuable to us as we seek ways to make your experience great. We appreciate this opportunity to hear how you feel.

If you have any future question please do not hesitate to contact us. Otherwise, you can also find the Frequently Asked Questions just by visiting our Help Page.
    Keep smiling and always enjoy life no matter how bumpy the road may get!

Sent by XXXX on Saturday, December 31, 2016 at 4:02:08 AM

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  2. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Thanks for the valuable post!

3. Craven Morehear

Craven Morehear Member

Driving:
    UberX
    This is an outrage! We should be outraged! We're independent contractors for a reason. Guber wants us to be. We need data for which to make an intelligent and educated decision on whether or not to accept work. Right?

brendon292 and grams777 like this.
  4. John Cunningham

John Cunningham New Member

Driving:
    UberX
  5. Chicago Blues

Chicago Blues Member

Its just so dishonest. I'm not kidding it took 15 emails, and I'll bet we weren't supposed to know.

Did you notice the thinly veiled threat about acceptance rates, ratings and earnings?

We already know they are prompting passengers to ask us questions and then rat us out. This going to drive a lot of good drivers away. I'm 4.8 and 1200 5 Star rides. But this **** is over the top.

I'm driving for Lyft in the future. It will take me longer to hit my daily goal, but I'm just fed up with the lies and deception with Upert.

Its like a bad marriage and I just want out.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017

6. Craven Morehear

Craven Morehear Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Hey Chicago, Whsts the background on your comment above?

7. Chicago Blues

Chicago Blues Member

Another thread. A driver thought Uber was listening to us on our phones (in theory possible, but unlikely) A driver responded with a rider comment to the issue.

I wouldn't put it past them.

8. Craven Morehear

Craven Morehear Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Roger that. Guber obviously scrambling to shore up an unsustainable biz model and Big Guber KP will stop at nothing.

Grahamcracker likes this.
  9. LEAFdriver

LEAFdriver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    I divorced Uber on July 3, 2016. Ironically, that is also my REAL wedding anniversary. :rolleyes:

Every time I read of the newest dishonest, unethical, sneaky scam that Uber is pulling on its current drivers.....I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thankful I now just drive LYFT.

Yes, Lyft is not as busy....AND it's not even available in MY area....so I drive 10 miles south to start picking up LYFT pax.....but my sanity has been worth it! I love that I get tipped, VIA THE APP- by 50% or more of my pax....without even having to MENTION it! I love that they are always 'TOES TO CURB' at pick up! I love that most of the rides are longer....at least 20-30 minutes. I love that if I have to cancel as a NO-SHOW, (which is extremely RARE) I get the WHOLE $5 fee and Lyft does NOT take 20-25%! I love that if I never want to get matched with a pax again, I just rate them 3* or under. I love that I can see the pax destination BEFORE they get in the car. I love that you actually get to see a pic of your pax before you pick them up.

Last but not least....I love that I can see the PAX Rider's RATING!!!

All these things, plus that we still are able to see if it's a regular Lyft or Lyft Line, make up for the fact there aren't as many pings.

They still aren't perfect....but if they start pulling the same thing as Uber regarding hiding the ride type.....I'm OUT. I hope more drivers start wising up and switching to LYFT only. o_O

10. Chicago Blues

Chicago Blues Member

I agree.

Uber chews through drivers with this kind of unethical nonsense, make us blast it out of them to get a straight answer, and then has to offer $1000 finder's fees to us to get new drivers.

And they could not possibly care less.

Craven Morehear likes this.
  11. brendon292

brendon292 Active Member

That should be that way it is, Uber is all about capitalism after all.

Businesses set a price, consumers choose if they want they want to pay that price, and laborers decide if they want to provide their services to that business based on the compensation offered.

12. mghtyred

mghtyred Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, Fuber doesn't care what drivers think. If the pax started complaining about how drivers are treated, things might change.

13. Polomarko

Polomarko Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Easy to solve this problems. Symply, take first rider switch to Waze, do not accept seconded and thired rider.
    If you accept second and thired rider call them and tell that you are not picking them up. Ask rider to cancel the ride immediately if they want not to pay cancellation fees.

14. Blackout 702

Blackout 702 Well-Known Member

In Las Vegas we are still seeing the type of fare. I drive an XL, so I can choose to accept either only XL or XL and X (which includes Poop), but if it gets to where they start hiding that info, I'm strictly going to run XL.