Uber Drivers Forum banner

Too many drivers in brevard from othet areas

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Caldufo11 
#1 ·
Just wondering what everybody else thinks but it's my opinion that drivers from surrounding areas ( Orlando, south Florida, xcetera) should not be allowed to drive in our County. Am I correct in my understanding that our rates in Brevard are higher than those areas? It just sucks when you go out and try to make some money and there are so many drivers that you rarely get a ping. I drive from South Palm Bay on Babcock through downtown Melbourne over to the beaches and all the way to Cocoa Beach and just sucks so there's so many drivers. Any advice of what I'm doing wrong I usually come out Thursday Friday Saturday from like 8:30 p.m. until 3 in the morning.

#2 ·
If we locked up areas as reserved for a few special drivers we'll become what we hate, taxi cab company monopolies. What will fix the problem is the unemployment rate going down and the employment rate going up. The more jobs available that pay better than Uber the fewer Uber drivers there will be.

Reactions: Verducci
#15 ·
Do Uber Partners really "hate" tax "monopolies"? I certainly know that the Uber brass in San Francisco officially does, but I think that was always just a talking point to wedge themselves into the Ride for Hire business- which was always extremely competitive and cutthroat.

#8 ·
Well here it goes unbelievable another Friday and Saturday night trying to earn halfway decent pay. i made $50 from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. on Friday night and $70 from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. on Saturday night Everywhere I Go in Brevard there are so many Uber drivers out. I talked to a lot of my passengers and they tell me that they are frustrated because a lot of their drivers don't even speak English and are not even from our area and don't know the roads in our area. I tried to at least be cordial with my passengers use my knowledge of the area to make a safe Pleasant ride-- it just sucks that you can't make much money over here anymore even though our rates are higher than some other areas. There should be limits on where you can drive based on where you live I understand that sometimes Uber needs extra people to work at events ( Orlando this weekend) but I don't think it's fair that people that live in a certain area can't make a decent amount of money because others are flooding our area. When I first signed up I was told I could work any place in Florida except Miami Jacksonville and Gainesville so if they can tell me that they should be able to tell other people they can't work in specific areas as well.... I'm all for everybody making a decent amount of money but they should be able to do in their own 50 or 60 mile radius.

#12 ·
I hear about folks from Breward going over to Orlando because it's busier even thou rates are lower...

So it goes both ways...

Either way from what i hear, there are too uber cars in Breward county...

It's just proof to me that the cap on the number of taxis existed for a reason, the cap might have been too low but it existed for a reason..

Reactions: Buckiemohawk
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.