1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Too many drivers in brevard from othet areas

Discussion in 'Brevard County' started by Xmikem1967x, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Xmikem1967x

Xmikem1967x New Member

Just wondering what everybody else thinks but it's my opinion that drivers from surrounding areas ( Orlando, south Florida, xcetera) should not be allowed to drive in our County. Am I correct in my understanding that our rates in Brevard are higher than those areas? It just sucks when you go out and try to make some money and there are so many drivers that you rarely get a ping. I drive from South Palm Bay on Babcock through downtown Melbourne over to the beaches and all the way to Cocoa Beach and just sucks so there's so many drivers. Any advice of what I'm doing wrong I usually come out Thursday Friday Saturday from like 8:30 p.m. until 3 in the morning.

2. Sly

Sly Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    If we locked up areas as reserved for a few special drivers we'll become what we hate, taxi cab company monopolies. What will fix the problem is the unemployment rate going down and the employment rate going up. The more jobs available that pay better than Uber the fewer Uber drivers there will be.

3. Buckiemohawk

Buckiemohawk Active Member

Regulation would stop that problem in a heartbeat. Only drivers living in Brevard can drive Brevard.

4. Sly

Sly Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I live in Brevard and sometimes work in Orlando, Tampa, Daytona, and Miami.

5. Buckiemohawk

Buckiemohawk Active Member

I thought you didnt have a car anymore and worked another job

LarDog70 likes this.

6. Sly

Sly Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Whatever.
    I'm saving up for another car.

wk1102 likes this.
  7. Buckiemohawk