1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

tips

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by Matt Ashby, Jan 11, 2017 at 3:34 AM.

1. Matt Ashby

Matt Ashby New Member

I drive in Fairfield County, CT. and I notice that no one tips. Why is that? Is it an Uber rule that we r not aloud to get tips, if so why? I don't think it me because I have a 5 star rating so far. I just started to. Thanks for any feed back.

2. Buddywannaride

Buddywannaride Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Tips don't benefit Uber. That's the only logical explanation. Lyft has a tip feature. But really, we oughta demand higher per mile and per minute rates - AND - less of a cut from Uber. Why does Uber need a 25 percent cut? It's total BS - especially in light of the super low UberX rates. It's total driver exploitation. Does Uber share 25 percent of a drivers' maintenance costs? Hell no.

3. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Uber has spent Billions to create what they have. 25% isn't much. Apparently cab companies will have a 50/50 or 60/40 split...

4. I_Like_Spam

I_Like_Spam Well-Known Member

Cab companies provide a vehicle, towing, maintenance as part of their cut- although in these parts, Yellow Cab leases their vehicles for a flat fee and anything a driver takes in, he keeps.

5. u-Boat

u-Boat Active Member

West of the Atlantic, East of the Pacific
    Driving:
    UberXL
    A 25% shakedown for providing a service that can be accomplished with a text message and a PayPal account is a lot. How's that Kool-aid tasting?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017 at 8:52 AM

6. steveK2016

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    If it were that simple, why are you still using Uber?

7. simpsonsverytall

simpsonsverytall Well-Known Member

you have to create an artificial atmosphere in your Uber that demonstrates to passengers that tipping is the norm

Tip Cup(seeded) = Clean Big Gulp Cup, stuff some paper in the bottom third, fold/stuff some groups of $1's into the cup, display a $5 somewhere near the top, place in console = easiest , will increase tips by 5% (creates illusion that other passengers stuffed dollars into your Big Gulp cup)

other stuff is harder

Conversation = "Yea man!, I drove to DC this weekend, and no one tips there! That's why I LOVE driving Maryland, everybody tips here except poor people"

tip wall = a sign or placard somewhere that has a bunch of first names and $amounts , or something
    TIP WALL OF FAME
    THANK YOU!
    Your tips are appreciated!
    Jim = $2
    Cindi =$1
    Mark =$5
    David =$10
    Sara =$4

Tip Sign = a sign or placard that demonstrates that tipping you is the norm
    "75% of my '5-Star' passengers have tipped at least $1. Thank you!

Boob Job = plastic surgery enhancement

Mass media propaganda effort = Collect $5 from every uber driver and run a boosted social media propaganda campaign that demonstrates that tipping is the norm, and expected, and non-tippers will be shunned from society.

Gets progressively more difficult to change Tipping to the Norm, because of what Uber has done in their business strategy.
    good luck.

8. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

I'm a small c-cup now but they are rather flabby... maybe a full D-cup would be nice.

Eh, maybe not, I'd probably never leave my house.

simpsonsverytall likes this.
  9. steveK2016

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    This is interesting.

If I ever figure out how to do the slideshow thing, I'm thinking I may try this one on of the pages.

Whenever someone tips, I'll ask if I could take a photo of them and use on the tablet for backseat as part of the slide. We'll see how people react to that request...

Then it can be like a photo collage... Jim $2, Cindi $1. It'll be like a small social club. Haha! I may try this one day...

[​IMG]

What that does too is create a bracket of suggested tips.

Heck, maybe I'll just download some stock photos of people in the back seat of a car and pretend they were really pax....

10. simpsonsverytall

simpsonsverytall Well-Known Member

Good idea for the Tablet

I would seriously stuff $1 in your tip cup, just to be a 'part of that 'club'.
    Especially if i was a regular Uber user in that route/area.
    May want to 'seed' the slideshow with a couple cool friends/fam to start the experiment.

11. u-Boat

u-Boat Active Member

West of the Atlantic, East of the Pacific
    Driving:
    UberXL
    Drivers don't use uBer. uBer uses drivers. And they still snarf down 25% and up of all fares.

12. steveK2016

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    If it's as simple as text messaging and a paypal account, why are you still driving UberXL rather than using your text messaging and paypal account and pocked 100%?

...because 100% of nothing is still nothing...

13. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

The key to tips is to hustle for them. I got a tip sign and educate the pax all the time. Tips have gone up.

Just expecting them out of the goodness of peoples heart, you wont see much although some people tip.

Also picking up higher rated pax (between 4.90 and 4.99) will result in more tips

14. shiftydrake

shiftydrake Well-Known Member

Not mine.....I get charged a flat fee and I pocket the entire fare at end of trip