1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

The pax who didn't want to cancel, a sad story.

Discussion in 'Stories' started by d0n, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Can't do that from the airport. And that doesn't mean you'll get a long trip anyway. Those $4 trips to a hotel or the rental lot would still qualify.

2. Ray21

Ray21 Active Member

This sounds great..... with out any desrespect but you shall try to contact travis and give him this speech... When I start Uber almost a year ago I was so dedicated, always I was trying my best for riders to be please Buuuuuut when I realize the sad side of the story.... Uffff I just dont care any more, I do what I need to do to get my money... When ever I feel a rider on a strange Note I just hit the cancel bottom. I'm sorry but it is what it is...

3. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I don't WANT some homeless guy's half sandwich, though. I want to make money. And that one person a week who tops because of "positive" energy is not enough to help with uber.

JoeyA and Ray21 like this.
  4. JoeyA

JoeyA Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I hear you man. I respect that. We're just in different places at this point in time. And if I really get down about all this, I would do myself a favor and stop driving. I won't let it change who I am as a person. Not gonna happen. You do you, and I will do me.

jp300h likes this.
  5. ChortlingCrison

ChortlingCrison Well-Known Member

"The pax who didn't want to cancel, a sad story." Reminds of that story of the engine that could

6. JoeyA

JoeyA Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I see ur a major contributor here, after all.

7. ChortlingCrison

ChortlingCrison Well-Known Member

Absolutely I am!! Thanks for the compliment. I needed a boost today.

JoeyA likes this.
  8. Tommy Vercetti

Tommy Vercetti Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yeah...sure cowboy .

JoeyA likes this.
  9. saucy05

saucy05 Well-Known Member

Uber should take action against people who cherry pick rides. Because they are leaving the crappy rides for the rest of us.

10. RaleighUber

RaleighUber Active Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Unemployment is paid by "unemployment insurance" paid by employers to the state. It is for people who lost "jobs." As a contractor, you didn't lose a job, just a contract. You don't pay unemployment insurance, so no unemployment for you.

11. I_Like_Spam

I_Like_Spam Well-Known Member

As long as the crappy rides are being serviced, and Uber is collecting their taste of them, why would they care enough to "take action". It makes no difference to Uber if "cherry pickers" are servicing the trips, or "the rest of us" are.

12. saucy05

saucy05 Well-Known Member

The pax don't appreciate being canceled on and waiting for god knows how long to be picked up. Also if they don't take action it forces the rest of us to do the same.

13. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Correct. The only caveat would be is if he worked for a company prior to Uber (or during) that did pay in and it is still within the time period.

14. I_Like_Spam

I'm sure that some passengers would like to have quicker service, but most understand that Uber X is a highly discounted service and are willing to wait reasonable times.

Any one can cherry pick already, if "the rest of us" decide to do so (they won't be "forced") , then Uber will take action I'm sure. Maybe raise rates on fares originating in the boondocks, maybe deactivate people, they'll make their determination based on their own information.

Right now, it isn't a problem, Uber is recruiting a lot of new partners, they will cross this new bridge when and if they come to it.

15. Hipsters.

Go figure.

16. Of course and following employers direct orders on how to do things and what jobs to take makes me an employee not a contractor, it's all being discussed on court in 2 states at the moment, more reasons are involved.

Either way, they get off my back I get off theirs, it's the way it works.

17. UberChicago80

UberChicago80 Active Member

There is a sale on Milano cookies at jewel. Snack size packs. Stock up!

18. I_Like_Spam

I don't think that it was taken as an "insult", the uber driver just didn't like the passenger's attitude and would just as soon not have him in his personal vehicle.

Remember this is "ride sharing", not public transportation, the driver isn't a professional, and if he doesn't want this guy, he doesn't want him.

19. Uberislife

Uberislife Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    So it's not a job? Standards for customer service are just a pipe dream? Claims of better ,friendlines, professionalism by uber are lies and deception tactics ?hypocrisy on this is just unbelievable.
    I love uber and can't stand to see biegn destroyed but drivers who are soo rude ,disrespectful and unthankful

20. I_Like_Spam

Both sides need to be thankful and respectful, both the passenger and the partner.

Remember this is Ride Sharing, not the taxi racket.