1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

So I picked up a big name in Pro Basketball....

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Fishchris, Jan 11, 2017 at 10:06 AM.

1. JoeyA

JoeyA Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Still not to give the driver, of the cheapest rideshare company around, a $10 bill. Nice just don't cut it when u have to put gas in the tank. Nice just don't cut it.

2. Joe1983

Joe1983 Active Member

.....and of course NO TIP ! Really ? The guys making $80 mil and cant give me $5 or $10 ? He was a totally friendly, respectful guy and everything, but come on !

Oh, so he didn't tip me.... and the Pistons lost ! :) Karma's a *****, right ? :) lol

Typical entitled behavior. I really hope you didn't start this job expecting tips. (I know didn't) but I know sooo many people that have this crap attitude that they are entitled to a tip.

Oh he is rich. Give me my share of the money you earned by being a word class athlete.

Want more money? Get a better job. Want a tip more often become a waiter, concierge, etc.

I don't understand why people have this attitude. I've even saw Uber drivers state they 1 star all PAX who dont tip like WTF.

"If uber allowed tipping on the app I would make more" "Lyft has tipping that's why I Lyft and not uber". FALSE STATEMENTS

I drive for Uber and Lyft and gotten more tips on Uber then Lyft (ratio wise) and if anyone asks me how tipping works with uber I simply say "it's not on the app, and if you feel the need cash is king, but it's my pleasure driving them I'm good" being humble will get you places.

2Peaks and cycione77 like this.
  3. Fishchris

Fishchris Active Member

What an a$$ :) lol

I was halfway joking, and you take it and run halfway across the park :) lol

I promise you could drive Uber the rest of your life and not make 1/10th the tips i have in my life....

So no, i don't expect a bunch of tips from this POS job.

I'd rather Uber just paid me a fair rate in the first place, so i didn't need to make extra money with tips....

4. Fishchris

Fishchris Active Member

Well this was not through a public entrance, so i dont think anybody really saw him... No papperazzi or anything ☺

I guess this doesn't really prove anything, but this was the ride.... Screenshot_2017-01-12-00-31-59.png

5. JoeyA

JoeyA Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I think his point was that the one's u think would most likely take care of the little guy, who could more easily afford to tip, would look out for us. Not that he was expecting it. I don't think any of us expect it, but neither does the waitress that occasionally gets that $50 tip. Shes simply surprised and grateful.

6. Fishchris

Fishchris Active Member

Thank you Joey. Exactly !

JoeyA likes this.
  7. FedEx Driver

FedEx Driver New Member

The majority of pro athletes do not carry cash. Many, many people do not carry cash.
    Aren't tips for excellent service or going beyond duty? You say that you and others do not expect them, but that is not true. Uber needs to add tips within app like Lyft. As losing as they do not disrespect me or my car, I am good. If they are talkie-talkie, ask many questions, have tons of luggage and/ or are obnoxious, I would like a tip. If they vomit in my car, they better tip. Why aren't FedEX drivers tipped? ;)

8. JoeyA

JoeyA Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Because fedex drivers are decently paid, have wonderful benefits, and a steady salary. Do you need more reasons, because i have an arsenal. Lol

9. Southdiver

Southdiver Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Try putting seven people in your Accent.

10. simpsonsverytall

simpsonsverytall Well-Known Member

shows up to the game in a hyundai
    meanwhile, his babymama rides select or XL

reminds me of Kanye West lyrics ...

SmokestaXX and JoeyA like this.
  11. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Or a spark which is smaller than a civic lol.

12. SmokestaXX

SmokestaXX Member

Probably missed the team bus

13. Fishchris

Fishchris Active Member

Funny you should say that..... The team bus actually pulled in right behind us. In fact, I think I kind of screwed them up by taking their spot :) lol

14. I picked up a passenger who was a local radio talk show host, had a nice conversation and in the end dropped him off. The next morning I found a hat and a passport in the back seat. I went on the internet and googled the guys name only to find out it was the same radio show host. I emailed the radio station and left my number. He called me back and I offered to bring it all to him. Drove 30 minutes out of my way on my day off and delivered it to him. No tip offered A half hearted thanks ..... sad.

15. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I'd call up the show and call him out on air. If nothing else, since it is talk radio, it will give them a topic of conversation.

16. That would be funny huh? If I was evil I could have just told him to give me a reward for his passport.

17. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    You could do it in a manner that was not confrontational and actual informative and educational. A definite plus is you would also be reaching however many thousands of listeners they have. It would be a great "teaching moment"

18. 2Peaks

2Peaks Well-Known Member

1. You drop names and then publicly shame him on this forum. And you expect tips?

2. The guy gets to Sacramento once a year, and security just lets him in? No credentials?

3. I will agree, Select vs UberX? Why pay more? It's a ride, nothing more. Sounds like this is one pro athlete that might have his head screwed on straight.