1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

SERIOUS INPUT

Discussion in 'Los Angeles & Orange County' started by Uberdooper, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Uberdooper

Uberdooper Well-Known Member

Ok so since January 1st I've seen significant lower amount of PINGS

I mostly do SELECT but also X when It surges or when I feel that I need to get some moving around .

I emailed Customer service , I went to the uber office yesterday, and they all said that after checking , my uber account is FINE

I still get pings here and there but they are MUCH fewer .

I know it's January, dead of winter , post holidays , rent time , tax time , saturated market and what not ...

But , I still had hard time accepting the rapid , negative change .

So , after referring to UBER at their office and over the email , I decided to gather with another friend who is driving for uber and run the infamous PING TEST tonight .

We both drove to a relative remote area , we have 3 2 iPhones , 2 androids , 2 driver accounts and 3 RIDERS accounts

I opened my driver app first ,
    He tried to ping me ,
    Nothing on my end ... Ping goes to a guy 12 min away with a 4.63 rating. ( I'm at 4.72 )
    We cancelled and switch

It was my friends turn to turn on his driver all
    I pinged him ... Nothing on his part .. It went to a driver 8 min away .

We tried different phones , iOS and android , and tried to ping each other with 3 different
    RIDER ACCOUNTS....

We got nothing , and guys who were farther got the ping

So it's not the location anymore
    It's not the rating ( since the pings went at times to lower rating then ours )

And this has started since the beginning of the year few days ago !!!

I'm still getting pings here and there but not nearly as I was .

Note - we tried that test on a select , X and XL

Totally weird , totally new , and VERY discouraging

I call here for other forum members to try this tests in the same manner I did

We might be up for some big secretive news changes here .

Totally sucks

TurnUpT likes this.
  2. Uberdooper

Ps my acceptance rate is 77 and cancellation rate is 4 percent

I'm thinking this might be the new determination of pings , along with money caps that uber decide on , or perhaps new drivers get front of the line

I got no clue ,

Serious replys only please

We have the power to gather and discover what uber isn't telling us .

3. DollarStoreChauffeur

DollarStoreChauffeur Well-Known Member

The algorithm could be set to funnel rides to newbs to get them hooked and thinking this is a viable gig. Vets who are hardcore addicted can wait and get the shakes. Me? I quit cold turkey.

4. Uberdooper

I wonder if the 4.63 rating guy who got the pings instead of us was a newbie

Doesn't seem like

5. LAuberX

LAuberX Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Try the test a mile apart?

circle1 and twerkyo.....UBERRRRR like this.

6. Uberdooper

And he got 2 out of tge 3 pings that we tried , even though he was farther away

7. Uberdooper

We did

I was the driver and he as a rider requested me while he was couple of freeways exits away too

LAuberX likes this.
  8. arto71

arto71 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You really don't know what's going on ?

9. Uberdooper

Do tell , smartie pants
    And prove your theory , real proof please

This is serious

10. gonchys

gonchys Member

Driving:
    UberX
    When I'm in guaranteed time I get the feeling that they put me last in the queue. Like today 5 to 7 pm 1.4 guaranteed, I only got 1 short trip per hour, By downtown LA.
    hard to believe

11. Old Smokey

Old Smokey Well-Known Member

20%er

12. Uberdooper

I was out of the guarantee zone , and on select we don't have boosts etc

13. Uberdooper

I'm 20% on X
    And 25% on select

14. Uberdooper

Arto , I have tried this multiple times and different destination, I don't think it's that ..

Why would uber put that much thought into destination filter anyways

And btw we thought about it and changed destination and STILL GOT THE SAME GUY

15. thezeus88

thezeus88 Well-Known Member

I was driving right behind a brand new Prius earlier with the toilet sticker in the back. I could see through the window that the guy had his driver app on and was online-I could see the blue online banner from my car.
    I had my rider app open and I knew I had to try and ping him. I requested UberX and Voila! He got the ping. I knew this because the vehicle type was "Prius" and the rider app didn't show a license plate but instead showed "new car", which was consistent because the Prius didn't have license plates.
    I saw him try to make a UTurn, them when I cancelled he continued straight.

There were other drivers around but he was definitely the nearest.

UberAntics likes this.
  16. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT

Let me join your test

I have two different vehicles with double logins --- two separate all-pings accounts, a Select-only, and an XL-only

I ****definitely**** feel like the X accounts are heavily prioritized, and instantly pingable if visible on the map... the XL and Select, though....

PS 25%er. Know for a fact both my X accounts are easily pingable since I can ping myself on X with 95% accuracy

17. thezeus88

thezeus88 Well-Known Member

Also, My cancellation rate has been at over 20% lately and I'm still getting pinged.

Attached Files:

18. Uberdooper

IM STARTING TO HAVE THE FEELING ITS ALL ABOUT ACCEPTANCE RATE !

before NYE I had 90 percent and I was getting good pings , now I'm at 77 percent since I skipped a few on NYE

Uber has been putting emphasis on acceptance rate lately , even in the news

19. Uberdooper

The uber rep in the office tried to ping me and I got it right away !! BUT OUT AND ABOUT IT WASNT THE CASE

so it's def not the geographical location anymore like it used to be

20. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Also I get the feeling that TO get select rides, you have to fill a certain invisible quota of X rides

On a separate note, Ive DEFINITELY caught Lyft messing around...my Plus (XL) and Lyft basic accounts aren't separate, and viewing through a rider app, SOMETIMES I'm logged into both.....sometimes into XL-only (when other plus cars are scarce Lyft keeps me "in reserve"), and sometimes BASIC ONLY (penalty box for skipping rides trying to cherrypick XL)