1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Sciences Academy Panel Sees Self-driving Trucks on Road in Five Years

Discussion in 'Autonomous' started by RamzFanz, Jan 11, 2017 at 2:10 AM.

1. RamzFanz

RamzFanz Well-Known Member

“On Oct. 19, I was one of the biggest detractors of this technology,” said panelist Daniel Murray, vice president of research at the American Transportation Research Institute, or ATRI. “On Oct. 20, I drank the Kool-Aid.”

He became a believer when an autonomous truck operated by Uber subsidiary Otto delivered 51,744 cans of Budweiser beer 120 miles across Colorado – from Fort Collins to Colorado Springs – with no driver at the wheel, though one was in the cab.

“I moved my personal time line from 15-to-20 years up to five,” Murray said, referring to how soon he now believes self-driving trucks will be in commercial use.

See the story here.

2. Looks like the self driving pipe dream is starting to see a more realistic approach to their autopilot.

3. Jermin8r89

Jermin8r89 Active Member

In 5 years time these scientist will be out of a job as AI can easily do there job. All scientists r r resource managers.