Uber Drivers Forum banner

Rider Cancels Ride While Enroute

14K views 32 replies 20 participants last post by  Sueron 
#1 ·
So I pick up this guy beach side (Chris). Him and his 3 friends gets in, drunk, and they cancel the ride as I turn around in the cul da sac then demand I take them to Matt's Cashbah. Wow, what losers. Uber's website is down so I can not email them. I have herd of this happening and thought this would happen to me in Orlando but not there.

#28 ·
Possibly, but I have little faith Uber would do so after the two days it takes them to reply. I would put them out, tell them to call another Uber, and drive far enough away they couldn't see me but still close enough I would still be "arrived", then wait exactly 5:05 minutes and cancel them again. Then leave.

#11 ·
Last night at Lido Cabaret Garret pinged me. The pin was across the street at Dollar General which was closed and vacant. I called, I text message, but he didn't respond, no voice mail. So after 5 minutes I cancelled the trip. Then he pinged me again. So I tried calling again. He didn't answer I cancelled the trip. He pinged me a third time but I ignored it.

I checked dashboard. I got $5.00 for the first cancellation.

Reactions: Jay2dresq
#15 ·
I don't care if Buber's website is down or whatever.
if the rider cancels or your app says the ride was cancelled pull over and end the ride. your Uber insurance does not cover you after the ride has ended. everybody must get out of your car, end of story. blame the insurance, blame Uber, sorry I can't risk it for one car ride.

#20 ·
I point mine back and fire. Nice part of living in Arizona, constitutional carry state, plus no retreat first law, I can stand my ground, just me and your dead ass laying there when the cops come. LCP always in my pocket, one in the chamber, feel sorry for others who's state has given away their constitutionally protected rights.

Hasn't happened yet but I catch someone try to pull that cancel mid trip (btw en route indicates your still on your way to get them not that it happened during the trip, lil confusing) they are immediately getting out, don't give a shit where we are, freeway, desert, I don't give a ****. No second chance, cancel means no rating, your getting an ear full as you get your dishonest, fraudulent, ass out of my car. Bye.

#19 ·
Another issue we've come across. Is that a Group of people (more then 4) one Uber customer will order a car put someone else in then when the first has gotten to destination then they will order again from original point and get their ride then tell Uber that they never rode in the first one to get their friends to destination for free.

#23 ·
Anyone who drives long enough will have some asshole try this trick. You've got to keep your eye on the app. Client cancels in mid ride on me, the ride is over and they are left by the side of the road. I never give them the option to re-request me. I don't knowingly drive thieves at any price. I then have to follow up with Uber to let them know that their safe rider fee put a criminal in my car.

#24 ·
I did have it happen once, she cancelled as we were pulling out of Doubles in Satt. Beach. I drove her anyway and emailed Uber at the end of the trip with the destination address and they paid me the estimated fare. She was a first time user (supposedly) and the app confused her.

#25 ·
I'm a new driver, this was my first day, 2nd trip. I got a 17 yr old girl whose gangster boyfriend set up the ride for her. Drove the little pricess 40min, 30+ miles into Tampa. They changed the destination twice(thats when I started getting concerned) then as I neared the 2nd destination the bf cancelled the ride. I wish I had read this forum because I wasn't going to put a 17year old kid out on the side of the road(it did cross my mind) but I'm FURIOUS. This ended up being a 70mi round trip waste of time on toll roads. I picked her up at mommy and daddys nicely manicured house and I'm sorely tempted to go tell them what their little angel is doing- both the ripping off hardworking people and with the boyfriend who looked like he was a lot older and a bad guy for sure.

And I'm not sure I want to continue driving for Uber if this is how its going to go. I can't afford to get ripped off.

#27 ·
Uber took care of it for me. I was very discouraged so that's a happy ending I guess and I learned a lot from this thread. She was 17 so no way I was going to kick her out on the highway and they knew it. Since I dropped her at a different location than requested and the situation was so screwy, I ended up waiting to be sure she had a ride and wasn't stranded far from home. Her boyfriend was driving a brand new Mercedes.........little monsters!!

I hope Uber bans them because apparently, according to the limited conversation I had with Princess, this is a weekend event. WTF is wrong with people???

#32 ·
I keep a clipboard next to my seat, I record mileage AND crap like this. I'd have first very nicely pulled over and informed the remaining pax that their buddy had cancelled the ride and asked if anyone else wanted to book me and pay. Of course they'll all act confused but they're not. If they won't rebook the ride, I'd boot them(be prepared to call police if they won't get out of the car)

Second, once they're out, drive a safe distance away, turn OFF your meter because when they call for another Uber, you will be closest(although that can be a hoot, lol). Record the date, time and any info. The trip will show on your history on the Uber app and you should be paid for the full distance you traveled. If not, you can give Uber the info (via the app) the info you are just recording now, and they will make a trip adjustment. Its easiest to do it the next day when you are calm and not driving, that's why I keep the clipboard handy - times,, dates, pax names and # of rider and street names and #'s. I also dont have to waste driving time messing around with the app. In addition I have written documentation for backup on my taxes and for Uber should anything come up later.

When I was new I had a bratty teenager drive me 40 min into Tampa and she cancelled as we were pulling up to her 'gangsta' bf in his daddy's bmw. I was devastated, I'm poor and these kids were high end, not even close to poor. They clearly thought it was funny to try to rip me off. Uber had the trip recorded because Uber has GPS (joke was on them). Not to mention that I picked up little brat child at her mommy and daddy's house..........so they charged her and paid me. It was a $40 trip!!! That was almost my last Uber partner ride.

#33 ·
I also have a notebook that I keep all information in, I write my mileage on the gas receipt. Uber's gas card is a scam. Have qualified for it every month, never again. There are so many other cards that will give you twice what they do. I've had my share of those deadbeats... Uber gets them in the end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.