1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Featured Refused to drive police officer because he had a gun.

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by simpsonsverytall, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Mattio41

Mattio41 Well-Known Member

Again.... Shaking my head !!!!

But ok, his car, his comfort zone... but it appeared more to be bragging that he was "Sticking it to the Man", than anything else.

Bo Duke and Argantes like this.
  2. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    [QUOTEWOW, Just Wow at some of the anti-law enforcement sentiment from a few here.[/QUOTE]
    police are thugs and the thin blue line is a gang symbol

3. phillipzx3

phillipzx3 Well-Known Member

Always? Care to back that with facts vs. rhetoric? 'Course, I see you had to preface your argument by changing things to "mass shootings." You seem to have this fairytale belief that a gun will keep you safe, no matter what. Dream on. I bet you believe a seat belt will always save your life, right? ;-)

4. Mattio41

police are thugs and the thin blue line is a gang symbol[/QUOTE]

Ok then, tell us how you really feel...

[​IMG]

LEO2112 likes this.
  5. phillipzx3

No it isn't. You're not refusing "him." You're refusing to carry his/her firearm.

By your logic, if you refuse to carry a drug dealer while they have drugs on them, would that be discrimination too. :)

6. Mattio41

I would rather take my chances than being disarmed and helpless.

Bo Duke, Xanvel, LEO2112 and 2 others like this.
  7. Blackout 702

Blackout 702 Well-Known Member

Yeah, how naïve. I bet you also belive that a fire extinguisher will put out a fire. I bet you also believe a spare tire will help you out if you have a flat.

Bo Duke, Trafficat and Mattio41 like this.
  8. htx21

htx21 New Member

You should of made an exception for a LEO.

9. phillipzx3

Well....fire extinguishers don't always put out fires and a spare tire won't always save your life. I'm pro-firearm. But people who feel being armed is the answer are living a dream. I especially like the idiots who advocate open carry. If I was a nut out to start shooting people, the open carry fools would be my first group of targets.

JimKE likes this.
  10. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Where guns are prohibited, that doesn't apply to police. They may carry at schools, library, church, government centers, airports and courts. Ask any cop, off duty never means "off duty".

LadyDi likes this.
  11. Trafficat

Trafficat Active Member

Most of these shooters spend months planning their attack, studying previous shootings, and trying to maximize casualties to top the others, and you don't think they would select a location where they are unlikely to be shot back from? These guys may be crazy murderers but that doesn't mean they are incapable of simple logic. I like how it is "propaganda" that a terrorist is capable of

The NRA is mostly funded from its 5 million member base. But arms dealers are good guys too that also donate to the NRA.

When I was a kid I wanted to be a cop. I wanted to arrest robbers, thieves, murderers, etc. I grew up watching westerns where the bad guys were bad and the law was good.

In middle school I heard how a cop threatened the dad of one of my friends with arrest for having a gun in his car unless he gave the cop his gun, so he did. The thing is the gun wasn't illegal. That cop stole that gun in my opinion by taking advantage of the ignorance of my friend's dad.

When I turned 18 I carried a gun in plain sight and police kept harassing me just because I had a gun, and conducted many illegal searches. And when I went to their building to apply for a permit the police maintained an illegal gun ban in their building and kicked me out just because I was carrying. They said "they don't care what the law is" and they are supposed to uphold the law. And WITHOUT FAIL every police chief and police union rep in the land testifies before the legislature supporting every single gun ban. It seems that the police, or at least their leadership, loathe freedom and all they want to do is strip people of their rights. I don't know why they hate guys with guns. It's like they think if people start defending themselves they will be out of a job. Is it just a few bad apples? Not in my opinion. Corruption comes from the top. Police chiefs justify the misbehavior of their officers or sometimes are the ones calling the shots to begin with.

I do know some officers that are pro gun, polite, and adhere to procedure. I have much greater respect for these people, and if I meet a new officer I will always assume the best of them. Every officer I've ever transported in my car has been a model passenger. But ultimately their allegiance is still to the law. Even if they aren't going around harassing people for what is legal, considering how bad the law is, even the people with integrity who are in law enforcement are still putting good people in jail because the law itself is bad. What good person would put another man in prison just for violating some law like possessing a self-defense weapon or an illegal plant? The only way for a cop to not put innocent people in jail is to not enforce all of the laws, in my opinion. There may be some officers that only enforce moral laws, as much as possible, and if so kudos goes to them. But the badge itself is a symbol of the government in my opinion, and the government is wicked and corrupt. Many people think democracy justifies bad laws but in my opinion the majority can be wrong too.

I noticed a comparison to Hells Angels in a previous post. What I wonder is what exactly they did that was so bad? I've never been worried that Hells Angels would harass me if I walked past one on the street. I guess they violated motorcycle helmet laws and a handful of members got caught selling pot. At least Hells Angels aren't going down to the legislature building lobbying against my human rights. In fact, the only time I saw motorcycle club members at the legislature building in large numbers they were there to lobby against helmet requirements.

There should be gun safety and familiarization training in schools for kids. That would do the most to reduce gun accidents. Ironically it is the anti-gun people who seem opposed to this. Even if you don't personally own a gun your kid could find a gun out in public.

Personally when I'm at home I carry a gun loaded in my holster. There aren't kids in my house, and if there were, I'm not worried about being overpowered by toddlers.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  12. Mattio41

Open carry has it's time and place that it is appropriate. And all though I agree with you about looking to shoot them first. I would want to be as secretive as possible, not to give up my edge. On a different note, I also understand why states have to do a all or nothing when it to Open Carry, and not allow each individual towns make their own ordinances.

Bo Duke and Xanvel like this.
  13. Trafficat

Trafficat Active Member

Well, I'm one of those "open carry fools". Obviously not while driving Uber.

In my state they made it so you had to be 21 to conceal but 18 to carry open so I did that for 3+ years before I got my hide-a-gun license.

Does it not make it safer for you if they shoot me first? Why are you so opposed to other folks being targeted first? If they shoot me first, that gives you more time to run away and concealed carriers time to draw.

Guns also have a deterrent effect. Most criminals seek weak targets. What 7-11 is more likely to get robbed? The one where the robber cases it and finds the clerk and 2 customers are open carrying? Or the one where everyone is apparently unarmed? If your gun is hidden you are more likely to need to draw it.

I've also noticed that most police carry in the open for some strange reason.

Bo Duke, Xanvel and Blackout 702 like this.
  14. Blackout 702

Innocent people have been killed in schools, churches, movie theaters, airports, and shoppings malls. Please tell me a "time and place" where I am safe from violence and I'll stop carrying.

15. Trafficat

Trafficat Active Member

Even when bans do apply to police (some bans do, especially off duty), they have a thing they call "professional courtesy" which is code for "above the law". Sometimes it is not guaranteed, but it seems when an officer gets charged there is always an outrage by other officers. I used to hang around a shooting range where police qualified at and I've heard plenty of officers tell me they carry always even when it is illegal.

Bo Duke and Blackout 702 like this.
  16. Blackout 702

And yet you still have one in your home and carry one in your vehicle.

No, you're not, or you'd realize that being armed is unfortunately too often the answer.

And yet that never plays out in real life. Interesting.

Bo Duke likes this.
  17. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Ever have to call the police to have them show up and save your donkey?

I have, i'd rather have the thugs actually like me as a demographic *cab driver* than to worry if they are going to show up if i'm getting assaulted or robbed.

I've never heard anyone say "i'm with the government and i'm here to help"

"Sheriff's department!, Are you OK?" on the other hand is one that i've heard before.

Beur, Mattio41 and Blackout 702 like this.
  18. Mattio41

Let me clarify my position, because I think you misunderstood my intent. 1) I am extremely pro-gun 2) I am a firm believer in concealed carry 3) I dont have to much of an issue with open carry of pistols on your hip, but do we really need to sling an AR or an AK over your shoulder while shopping at the local Piggly Wiggly. That being said though, If I am out hiking in a more rural area, your damn right I want a rifle with me.

Now, to follow up with that comment, it is impossible for any state to allow each individual town to regulate what is acceptable and appropriate, so you basically have to have a All or Nothing law. And coming from New Jermany, where it is not my right to own, but I have to have "Permission" in the form of an exemption to the law. I am fully aware of how towns create their own laws.

Xanvel and Blackout 702 like this.
  19. Blackout 702

Mattio41Mattio41

There was a time not that long ago when children's summer camps had rifle ranges, and grammar school kids rode to school with .22 caliber rifles across their handlebars because they were going plinking after school with their friends. Rifles have been demonized by the government and the media. You seem to have fallen for it.

The second amendment doesn't mention anything about handguns or rifles, or where or when they are "appropriate." It guarantees me, as a free citizen, the right to own and carry "arms."

We're going down a rabbit hole here and I doubt we're likely to see eye-to-eye on this anyway, but I appreciate your thoughts.

Bo Duke and Trafficat like this.
  20. Sacto Burbs

Sacto Burbs Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes. Pure coincidence. The key fact is the KILLER's intent. And gun-free zone had nothing to do with it. The horrible killings of Police Officers in Dallas was not a gun-free zone.

Let's focus instead in the children's killed by guns in the home of these strangers who, without evidence you call "good".

Even 90% if NRA members disagree with you. They want sensible gun violence protection laws.

If you want more guns in the home - you want more dead children.