1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Rating dropped!

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by Ubergirlzz, Dec 31, 2016.

1. SurgeWarrior

SurgeWarrior Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    If there was ever a person who needs cancer of the eyeballs, its Travis.

2. Trump Economics

Trump Economics Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Short and sweet. Ratings from Fuber and Let-Down-Lyft mean NOTHING. They're meant to mentally condition you and keep you in fear (on your best behavior). They want you to get frustrated so you'll try even harder and provide even better service, but you're doing nothing wrong. Being yourself is wonderful enough, and there will always be passengers who rate you poorly/beyond your control, so let it go. Ratings do not determine whether or not you get "high paying" or "low paying calls," so let it go. Further, the system doesn't check these ratings and would only flag them in an autonomous fashion if a driver was getting 1-star ratings over and over and over again, which would offboard them.

Stop losing sleep, keep driving for less than minimum wage, and be happy.

Also, watch Season 3, episode 1 of Black Mirror on Netflix if you need additional reflection.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    iUBERdc, Ubergirlzz and SurgeWarrior like this.
  3. iUBERdc

iUBERdc Active Member

I do nothing more than show up and pick them up/drop them off and have a 4.87. No freebies, no opened doors or other bull UBER urges you to give or do for pax

Shangsta and Trump Economics like this.
  4. Agnok

Agnok New Member

I have come to the conclusion that some riders are overly assiduous in their ratings. 'Well, I got where I'm going without an accident, but he did not offer me a mint - 2 stars'

5. Trump Economics

Trump Economics Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    It's because society has allowed them to believe they are entitled. For all intensive purposes, there's nothing that's preventing them from offering you an amenity everytime.

Andre Benjamin 6000 and iUBERdc like this.

6. iUBERdc

iUBERdc Active Member

It's the low class UBERpoop pax who think they deserve limo service on a bus fare

7. t5contra

t5contra Well-Known Member

This guy nailed it. I used to care now I just shrug when I see my rating drop. I rate poor passengers poorly right in front of them. At the end of the day my rating is still higher the. 99% of my riders so why should I care?

8. Jufkii

Jufkii Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    My understanding is the PAX have several days if not weeks to rate you on a past ride Entirely possible your rating drop could of been from a rides given well before the previous night as you suspect.

9. t5contra

t5contra Well-Known Member

It seems like every company out there has adopted a rating/survey system. I can't even get an oil change without someone calling me 3 times and emailing me about my recent visit. That's why my phone number starts with the area code 123, very exclusive neighborhood

iUBERdc likes this.
  10. Jufkii

Jufkii Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Don't do those surveys is my advice . I did one after an oil change and was promptly opted in to a spam email list without my consent, Can't get of the damn things now in spite of unsubscribing to each and everyone. Tempting as it is to do a hatchet job to Uber on their surveys I avoid those as well just in case.

11. Ubergirlzz

Ubergirlzz Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    No, the pax couldn't rate me because I never started "swiped" the ride.

12. Ubergirlzz

Ubergirlzz Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Right? I'm thinking of seriously getting a Google Vice number.

13. freddieman

freddieman Well-Known Member

Oh
    Oh please do this. I don't have the balls to do this myself but I would root for u hard! Take a video too. I would like to see their facial expressions of "how could they?" look.

Kembolicous likes this.
  14. Polomarko

Polomarko Member

Driving:
    UberX
    No worries Uber will never deactivate you. I do no tipping 3 stars, corporate people no tipping ONE star.
    Total of more then 3.000 five star rating, 7.5 I am trying to be proffetional but it is what it is 7 rude riders kick out so far.

Ubergirlzz likes this.
  15. Polomarko

Polomarko Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Totally agree, Uber pays you good money. You do your job as a professional, 5 stars for you.

16. Kembolicous

Kembolicous Active Member

Driving:
    UberX

17. Kembolicous

Driving:
    UberX
    Yep, some drivers actually have all that crap, as they drive for $5 rides. And where the hell does it get them? People will still ting you a one star, because it is fun to do.

Shangsta and Ubergirlzz like this.
  18. Jon H. SFBay

Jon H. SFBay Member

I know it's hard but don't let the ratings get to you. As far as money earned I avg 20 an hr not chasing surges or power bonuses. So 500 a week is doable part time and very easy once you learn how to chase surges and the different bonuses.

Ubergirlzz and Kembolicous like this.
  19. Kembolicous

Driving:
    UberX
    Yeah, I am begining to take my (Lyft) ratings lightly. Lyft says "deactivation risk" at 4.60. I was down to 4.47. The ratings came up, yet I did nothing different, other than relocate. I have found that working the inner city, where some drivers dare not go, will drop my ratings. Working OSU campus tends to bring it up. Ratings always go up with 18-25 year old students, especially the females, they like to talk and want to hear jokes, yet the inner city riders tend to sit in silence, and not rate, but when they do, too many rate low because of my paint job. It only takes a few to screw up ratings. Don't get me wrong, there are some great riders in the inner city, but the low raters tend to come from there, and ruin my ratings.
    However, from what I have seen, I think even Lyft knows their rating system is a load of BS.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  20. Kembolicous

Driving:
    UberX
    Well said!! My God, so perfectly said!! I am going to steal that from you. Thanks!

iUBERdc likes this.