Uber Drivers Forum banner

Palm bay

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  stubones99 
#1 ·
Anyone making money?

#3 ·
This is the lowest paid "non-job" there is. We all would be better paid if we swept the Post Office floor.

The sad truth is that we are taking riders from the taxi drivers who are also hurting. Now there are lots of extra drivers, with about the same number of riders.

I got a rider alert and headed off to pick them up and well into the drive, they cancelled the ride. NO Cancellation FEE!

Uber policy is that as long as you have not waited over 5 minutes, or you don't wait outside for more than 5 minutes for a rider to show, you don't deserve a cancellation fee. So, wait for 4 minutes before leaving home for rides... That way, if they cancel the ride, you get some $.

I don't know how Uber can call us Partners since they:
  • hold all the cards
  • set the rules
  • hire surplus drivers
  • don't share ride information
  • don't pay for empty miles or return tolls.
  • don't pay for their impact on your cellular plan
  • and today, just popped up a message "saving for your retirement" Are they kidding? I thought it was april fools again...

#6 ·
With Uber flooding the driver market, the odds are getting about as slim as the Florida Lottery... If you don't play, you can't win. If you play, your odds of winning go up slightly.

I sat around my house two days last week and no rides... That's 12 hours waiting on a rider. I pulled up the uber rider app and saw there were 6 other drivers sitting around too, within a couple of miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.