Uber Drivers Forum banner

Opinion About Kicking Pax Out On Roadside

3K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Rae 
#1 ·
So it happened. Pick four people up beach side. Took 5-7 min for all of them to get in the car as one of them was drunk and was refusing to get in the car. Finally everyone is in. I verify the address. and start to drive out of the sub division. I get to the first intersection and here starts the *****ing "Turn left!" "NO! Turn right." "Just go straight!" I said "don't worry I got it. Go about 500 feet and we are at the next intersection and they start in again. I jab the breaks I say look I have the directions covered and do not need you help. We get out of the gated sub division and I have to go left or right and they start again yelling. I slam on the breaks and kick them out on River Side Drive, I think. Thankfully they canceled. They requested a new ride, I ignored it and drove on home. These people were in their 40's or 50's I would say. I never though I would have to point a weapon at someone again but I did and my adrenaline got me all jacked up. This was the first incident like this I have had. I have had to kick people out because they want me to take 5 or 6 pax but we are not driving yet when that happens. What would you have done?

#5 ·
WTF. I Hope this is a joke. I ask my passenger's if they want me to use the GPS or if they would prefer to give me instructions before I start the trip.
I let the customer be in charge I want them to enjoy 5 star service. If they act like idiots I will not start the trip. Luckily I haven't had to use my gun to kick anyone out. That's some crazy sh#t definitely not getting paid enough for that kind of drama.

#6 ·
Rob exactly my point not worth the drama. If I have to explain to someone 3 times that I have GPS and I have the directions you don't have the right to yell, scream, rock my car, grab my shoulders and not expect a batton, pepper spray, or a gun pointed at you. In this case it was pepper spray my first line of defense. I pulled it (pepper spray) out when they refused to get out. You have to remember it is 4 on 1 and it is my life. Much more valuable than the $15 I might have gotten from them.

#7 ·
I'm assamed of customers that would act like animals. In my opinion you did the right thing. That shows when we get a rare rider or group of riders that don't seem to be acting right it would be best to refuse the the ride so it doesn't affect our 4.7 rating once we have stated the trip and they show they are completely out of control or major as#hol#s they should be rated 1 star. If I had people grabing at me that is legally assault and you acted accordingly.

#9 ·
Definitely sucks to have to deal with that. I don't often run into those situations. Being 6'3" and 260lbs I don't often have people placing their hands on me in an aggressive manor. I did however have a kid with a cast on one ankle punch the back of my seat once. I guess his meds were wearing off on the way home from the bar. I politely turned around and told him that if he offends me 1 more time I would rip his cast off and break his other foot with it before tossing him out the door.
It's never any fun to have to switch gears like that, and never worth the pay.

OrlUberOffDriver See, doesn't seem to be the drastic event it initially sounded like.

#11 ·
There were only two events in my driving career that a passenger scared me. The first, I got put in a headlock by some drunk idiot on New Years Eve back when I was driving a taxi in New York. He got a mag light across his forehead. The other was also in New York when two crackheads somehow managed to lose their rock in the back seat of my cab. Crackheads tend to get aggressive when they lose their drugs. They got out and tried ripping the back seat out of the car, I threw the car in reverse and knocked them down with the doors and took off. Justice is done. So far my Uber career has been pretty uneventful, I must be a boring driver

#13 ·
So it happened. Pick four people up beach side. Took 5-7 min for all of them to get in the car as one of them was drunk and was refusing to get in the car. Finally everyone is in. I verify the address. and start to drive out of the sub division. I get to the first intersection and here starts the *****ing "Turn left!" "NO! Turn right." "Just go straight!" I said "don't worry I got it. Go about 500 feet and we are at the next intersection and they start in again. I jab the breaks I say look I have the directions covered and do not need you help. We get out of the gated sub division and I have to go left or right and they start again yelling. I slam on the breaks and kick them out on River Side Drive, I think. Thankfully they canceled. They requested a new ride, I ignored it and drove on home. These people were in their 40's or 50's I would say. I never though I would have to point a weapon at someone again but I did and my adrenaline got me all jacked up. This was the first incident like this I have had. I have had to kick people out because they want me to take 5 or 6 pax but we are not driving yet when that happens. What would you have done?
How's your rating?

#20 ·
Oh hell YES kick them out. I had some chick and idiot moron bf screaming at me to to pull over for an emergency in the middle of a 70mph off ramp. The emergency was that he was throwing up out my window,into window well, and all over my car. I was 'nice' enough to move them to a safe location before I booted them and the girl went ballistic - threatening me and telling me that since i was an Uber I had no right to kick her out. She demanded to be driven home. I said I was a private vehicle so I had every right to ask her to get out. So she got smirky and threatened to call the cops. I told her not to bother and dialed myself - on speakerphone. The dispatcher was very sympathetic and the couple was out of my car in a white hot flash. They were gone before the police could grab them and frankly, those were the nicest police officers I've ever met. I also called Uber and they were super nice to me as well because I was shaky and upset.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.