Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Ohhh what a night!!!

6K views 104 replies 36 participants last post by  BbKtKeanu 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, I was headed to Orange County, but as I was driving through Diamond Bar, I got a ping so I stopped. Picked up this dude (weirdo) who got in the front seat with me, and then proceeded to complain about his previous Uber driver who 'abandoned him' at Carl's Jr. :rolleyes: To make matters worse, he tells me he lives with his mother, and she has autism, and he takes care of her. Then he keeps complaining (again) about the Uber driver, calling him an "asshole" and then tells me he was "freezing his balls off" while waiting for the Uber driver who abandoned him. So I pull up to his mother's house and end the trip and he sits there looking at me. I get another ping, so I accept it, and tell him "I have to go now" and he's staring at me (checking me out, eww). So he shakes my hand and gets out. I then proceed to get my hand sanitizer out and clean my hands, then off to my next pickup, which was also in Diamond Bar.

This pick up lands me smack dab in the middle of downtown LA (YUCK). I hate driving in downtown LA, but away I go. I drop off my passengers, and then proceed to get tons of pings, all from cheap-asses who are "POOL" - but guess what? I don't know what's going on, but I'm not seeing "POOL" on the pings anymore. I don't know it's POOL until AFTER I get to the pax pick up location! Is Uber doing something sneaky now? So I take this cheapstake to her destination, and I get a whopping $2.62 out of all that - wow. So the next ping I get, I take it and again, come to find out it's another POOL once I get to the destination! So I canceled it before the rider came to the car and selected "do not charge rider." I do NOT want POOLS. They are cheap and a waste of my time.

I then pick up three pax from a fancy restaurant in LA, and pull up in front. I see the valet guy coming over to me, so I roll down the window and tell him "I'm picking someone up" - I didn't tell him I was Uber, and I don't have the stickers on the window either, so they don't know. He proceeds to tell me to "drive around to the side of the building" - so I don't move - and the dude is giving me dirty looks, and then the pax comes up to my window and says: "Are you Ubergrlzzz?" I said "Yes, hurry up and get in, that guy wants me to move!" So the three of them get in and weren't friendly. Maybe they didn't appreciate my curt "hurry up and get in" but pax don't understand how hard it can be for an Uber driver to navigate through downtown LA. We can't just stop anywhere. Geez.

So then, tonight I had three "no-shows". I always wait the customary 5 min., then hit cancel and "rider no-show" so I can collect the $3.75 fee. Well, tonight, my no-shows are not showing up on my trip history, and the $3.75 no show fee isn't showing up either. I sent a message to Uber, let's see if they fix it.

And worst of all... no tips tonight, and I completed 12. Even took a guy to LAX. No tip! I'd like to know why people go out to eat at a fancy restaurant, order drinks in a bar, etc., you know they're spending $$ and tipping the server and bartender, but they can't afford a few bucks for their driver? It's such crap. I'm tired of cheap people. :mad:

See less See more
#3 ·
Hey there dude when you're out on a date if you get too close does she pushed you away
man I can't be a liar... oh dude your breaths on Fire
Pulled into the station for some gasoline his breath set fire to the whole damn thing

dude can't be a liar oh man your breaths on Fire
............Bruce Springsteen

#58 ·
I'm in Las Vegas and driver cancellations for anything do not show on trip history anymore. You must screenshot the ride before cancelling, and/or note the name of the rider, time/date and "more information" to customer support. Then after a few dozen emails, finally someone from the USA thanks you and promises credit. Whatever planet they outsource the tier 1 support to, those people just paste the same script over and over and don't do anything until you freak out IN CAPS and write back a few dozen times. Have fun while your 'job' becomes a nightmare!

#9 ·
I'm in Denver and I had a couple no shows cancelations not show up either? I really hope uber didn't stop paying out on those and not even tell us. If they did I'm waiting 2 mins top for any pax now! :mad:
Yeah, that's totally unfair and bogus if they do that. I'll now wait 2 min. also. I've sent them several messages with no response (so far). Let's see if I get any response. The way I figure it, Uber owes me about $12 on those three no-shows. That would put some gas in my car.

#11 ·
Ya know what's worse? When one pax is about to tip but then his partner talks him out of it, and offers a clammy-palmed, weak handshake instead. That crap happened to me last night. This was after I wasted ~15 minutes right before bar closing time backtracking to avoid a train, (he insisted on it), which would've just passed if we'd simply waited.

This ride began when "Jose Maria", (one of the two pax), walked up to my vehicle and said, "Is this the best Lyft can do?" I was parked right on top of the pin he dropped, but he was actually across the street. I'm sorry that you can't use the app properly, Jose. Totes my fault. :rolleyes: In retrospect, I should've canceled at that point and told him to find another driver to abuse. He's lucky I didn't shake that weak hand of his more vigorously, and grind some bones together, after the bullchit he subjected me to. :mad:

#16 ·
Some just are slow on the uptake. This is a part time gig . No use thinking about the inconsiderate pax the worst is yet to come . pickups at Costco going .5 miles , arguments , false reports . we are just trying to help as we see u posting many complaints
I post a lot of complaints because I have legitimate complaints. I see the system as flawed. I see there are room for improvements. I think that there should be consequences on BOTH SIDES for rude drivers and pax. But there isn't.

#32 ·
Jeez, someone sounds bitter. :eek:

My pax don't ask for free stuff. I only provide phone chargers, and hard candy. Most of the time, they don't even use the phone chargers. Most of the time, it's for the longer trips, and I don't mind.

I do NOT provide water! If they start asking for me to "entertain" them, I tell them they should have hired a limo. Yes, I actually had a rude pax expect me to entertain him.

#31 ·
I'm in Denver and I had a couple no shows cancelations not show up either? I really hope uber didn't stop paying out on those and not even tell us. If they did I'm waiting 2 mins top for any pax now! :mad:
I got paid for my no shows within 12 hours after contacting them. I contacted them using fare review of the trip immediately prior to the missing no shows.

#36 ·
#37 ·
Because most people don't care about anyone but themselves.ive driven lots of people to million dollar homes where they tell me to look at their brand new Mercedes or BMW and almost never a tip,or bartenders I pick up that brag about how they made $500 in a 6 hour shift but can't even give me a god damn dollar.just the way our wonderful world is.

#38 ·
Some just take longer to get it. This is a part time gig . No use thinking about the inconsiderate pax the worst is yet to come . pickups at Costco going .5 miles , arguments , false reports . we are just trying to help as we see u posting many complaints
i don't think u get it. this is a complaint thread where they let some steam out. i don't think they want to hear ur reply of the obvious "please tell me this is part time".

#39 ·
Jeez, someone sounds bitter. :eek:

My pax don't ask for free stuff. I only provide phone chargers, and hard candy. Most of the time, they don't even use the phone chargers. Most of the time, it's for the longer trips, and I don't mind.

I do NOT provide water! If they start asking for me to "entertain" them, I tell them they should have hired a limo. Yes, I actually had a rude pax expect me to entertain him.
That whole Entertainment BS bogles my mind. This one lady said she didn't tip me because I didn't entertain her. WTF??! I'm a college student, studying computer science. That field does not usually attract flashy personalities. If I had talent in singing, acting or comedic timing I'd be in LA, booking auditions, not driving an Uber car around Seattle Washington. Did I miss the part when I downloaded the app about making balloon animals for the customers? Even on the Uber app they have a badge for Entertainment! Again WTF? I thought I was a contractor for a ride share company, not Barnum and Bailey.

#40 ·
I bet most cabbies carry a gun
Yes we do I carry a Glock 23. .40 caliber like what FBI agents carry easy to conceal but powerful enough to stop someone...loaded with hollow points 12 in clip one down the pipe so if I have to I can squeeze off more then 1 round......better to have and not need then to need and not have

#46 ·
I got paid for my no shows within 12 hours after contacting them. I contacted them using fare review of the trip immediately prior to the missing no shows.
Well they want the guys name, the pickup address and trip ID which I can only pull up the address and it seems to be not good enough for them. Surprise surprise! I'll be sure to screenshot every trip I cancel now, lesson learned for sure! :confused::mad:o_O

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.