1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

NYE Surge: Boom or Bust in your town

Discussion in 'Surge' started by eyewall, Jan 4, 2017.

1. eyewall

eyewall Active Member

Rather than going through every city sub forum I was wondering how you did on New Year's Eve. From what I am seeing it was a letdown for most but some made out ok. So how did you do? How was the surge?

2. UberChicago80

UberChicago80 Active Member

I suggest you go through every forum

3. K-pax

K-pax Active Member

Surge was good... but volume of business wasn't that good. My riders payed a lot more, but due to lots of time between pax, I made about what I would on a normal Saturday night.

4. jonnyplastic

jonnyplastic Well-Known Member

Bust in NJ. It came and went in about 2 hours. You would be lucky to get more than 2 surges that nite.

5. K-pax

K-pax Active Member

Hmmm I got more than two surges... actually got some really nice ones, but they were spaced far apart all night long until 4 am. I literally made the exact same amount I make during a normal Saturday night. Traffic was terrible compared to normal nights in my market, so it felt more like working rush hour for 8+ hours straight, which is part of why I like to work nights (to avoid driving too much in traffic, cause I want to actually enjoy my job).