1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

NOW I DONT FEEL SAFE! Thanks Uber (NOT!)

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by UberDriverInTeslaP85D, Dec 8, 2016.

?
  1. Yes, tell criminals we are an easy target.

6.3%
  2. No, keep the criminals guessing and keep us safe.

93.8%
  1. UberDriverInTeslaP85D

UberDriverInTeslaP85D Member

Now I don't feel safe. Uber you blew it and now I don't see how you can fix it without a political mess!

BAN of drivers from carrying firearms, AND WORSE-
    sending out emails letting every criminal know about it!!!!

You just made every Uber driver in America an easy target for criminals. Criminals looking to rob or rape don't care or abide by rules. I don't necessarily condone everyone carry a gun, but geez, don't tell the criminals every Uber is defenseless. Now you need to rescind it somehow and it will be a political nightmare. You blew it on this one big time.

Best to keep the criminals guessing.
    Only law abiding citizens follow the rules anyway.

This was just send out to all riders and drivers in the notice about how riders can be banned and the five star system.[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

The fallacy in your argument is assuming that all Uber drivers are going to explicitly comply with Uber's policy of no firearms allowed. If you correctly carry concealed how will this come to Uber's attention? If you're sloppy about the way you carry and a passenger reports you, you probably deserve to be banned.

3. UberDriverInTeslaP85D

The problem is, now all stupid criminals think I won't be carrying, making **** more likely to happen. thats my point.

Sub Guy likes this.
  4. SibeRescueBrian

SibeRescueBrian Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    This is in no way meant to be insulting or disrespectful in any way, but IMHO, if a person doesn't feel safe driving strangers for pay without having a firearm, then perhaps this type of work isn't the best career choice to make. I've driven taxis in Philly and Camden, plus did Uber in some of the worst parts of NJ with nothing more than my cell phone and my awareness of all situations and surroundings. Never once have I experienced anything that a weapon would have resolved.

5. yojimboguy

yojimboguy Well-Known Member

If you can't imagine driving without a gun in a cashless visitors where there's a record of who every one of your passengers is, then you're a coward who has no business in this business.

phillipzx3 likes this.

6. UberDriverInTeslaP85D

Obviously you have never been in a situation where things could have gone horribly wrong. Not all of us are physically fit enough to defend ourselves such as you seem to be blessed with. It does not make me a coward to be prepared for that eventual night when things go horribly wrong. Using your muscles against a gun will get you dead. All I want is a fighting chance. And my whole point, is not everybody carries self protection, but don't tell all the criminals none of us do. Keep them guessing. Be careful of karma with that kind of talk. And by the way, do you not think a criminal up to no good could not easily steal a phone and order an uber? So much for the recorded history of who killed you. :)

7. UberDriverInTeslaP85D

I liked your reply. It's not just uber, sooner or later in life **** will happen, it's not our choice, however we can put the odds of survival leaning our way. Itstead of Uber slanting it against us by advertising to all, Uber drivers are unarmed.

8. yojimboguy

I've been mugged several times, assaulted and given 60 stitches, and had a gun pointed at me. None of those things was worth anyone's death, either mine or the other guys. I don't live in fear and need a security blanket.

9. SibeRescueBrian

SibeRescueBrian Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    You DO make a good point in that regard. Obviously a desperate and determined criminal with ill intent will throw away all caution in pursuit of his or her goal. However, the chance that a driver may be armed will act as a deterrent to most. That deterrent doesn't exist when they know for sure we're not. I'm just speaking from my own experience that a weapon would not have resolved any of the situations I found myself in, and that many potential problems can be avoided by being street-smart and aware.

10. UberDriverInTeslaP85D

Point a gun at me, you will be dead. This is how as a society we un-incentivize crime and not encourage its continuing over and over without penality. I respect your difference and philosophy in life, however I don't share that view.

11. UberDriverInTeslaP85D

I agree with you.

12. Hugo

Hugo Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You are in the front seat, behind the wheel, focused on driving, while the presumed bad person sits behind you. Please explain how you will beat your opponent.

Peanut hello and phillipzx3 like this.
  13. Hugo

Hugo Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Wrong. Imperfect as it may be, that's what the criminal justice system is for.

Peanut hello likes this.
  14. UberDriverInTeslaP85D

You miss the entire point. Uber please dont advertise we are unarmed. Thats all.

Xlady likes this.
  15. UberDriverInTeslaP85D

You go ahead and live your life that way expecting the govt will give you justice. Been there, believed that. I'll give myself a fighting chance. Instead of.... "go ahead and rape and rob me, uber said I wont fight back, I will be all better and everything is ok because you might end up in jail."

16. UberDriverInTeslaP85D

Point a gun at me and I might point one back at you, is that better? That wasnt the point anyway., Stop trolling.

17. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Instability and uncertainty are the Uber way.
    Price cuts and unannounced policy/ contract changes are the terrain.
    Like building a house on quicksand.

UberDriverInTeslaP85D likes this.
  18. UberDriverInTeslaP85D

If they are at least putting policy and communications past any sort of marketing study group before release, at least populate the group with someone outside the California coast. That mindset is such a minority to the vast uber market.

X-X_Driver and tohunt4me like this.
  19. yojimboguy

Here's a great PR position: "Many of our drivers are more scared of you than your are of them. So wherever it's legal, we let them pack heat. Don't upset them."

20. UberDriverInTeslaP85D

Uber drivers are required to abide by all state and local laws. This includes the right to carry if applicable in your area.