1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Not getting any ride requests

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Lizzypoo213, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Lizzypoo213

Lizzypoo213 New Member

I've been logged in for 3 hours and still have not recieved any requests. I tried logging in and out, restarting my phone, deleting and reinstalling the app and still nothing. How can I fix this issue?

2. UberDesson

UberDesson Active Member

Download the rider/passenger app and turn on both driver & passenger apps, go online as driver and see if your car shows up on your rider app.

3. Lizzypoo213

Lizzypoo213 New Member

Yeah I did that and I'm not showing up on the passenger app at all

4. Lizzypoo213

Lizzypoo213 New Member

This is also my first time using the app

5. MJ Khan

MJ Khan Member

Make sure your wifi is turned off cause the wifi interference with ├╝ber servers

6. Lizzypoo213

Lizzypoo213 New Member

Yeah wifi is off its just showing me onine and has me on the map and moves with me and everything but all day there have been 0 requests (I'm by an airport and a downtown area) and when I look at the rider map I'm not on it.

7. MJ Khan

MJ Khan Member

Here in Chicago I've had occasion where it did not show my location on passenger app but I still got a ping. Perhaps business is slow where you are located

8. Lizzypoo213

Lizzypoo213 New Member

Yeah I haven't gotten a ping all day so I'm not sure what's happening. I figure by now I should have had at least 1 ride.

9. MikeB

MikeB Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    That's a shame. You really should.

10. KGB7

KGB7 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Find local uber office.

11. UberDesson

UberDesson Active Member

If your car is not showing up on your rider app, then u are not online. Email support right away or better yet, go to the local Uber office right away.

LAndreas likes this.
  12. cvicari69

cvicari69 New Member

They probably have set up to drive in a different city. That happened to me . They had me set up in Miami. It took a weeks worth of emails but they finally fixed it.

Cimmoore82 likes this.
  13. Nate

Nate Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Did this ever get figured out? I am having a similar problem:

I am logged into both rider and partner apps. I see myself on both maps. I request a ride and it pings me. But I am standing next to my friend and when he requests a ride it doesnt ping me. It isn't even showing me on his rider app.....? I've tried all sorts of things from turn off wifi and bluetooth to hard reset. Nothing works. Any help appreciated. Would love to be able to make money today. :/

14. azndriver87

azndriver87 Well-Known Member

whats your carrier?

the whole thing with "wifi interferes with service" is a load of bs they try to make themselves sound smart. there's never an issue where "turning off your wifi" actually fix any one's problem.

I have 2 phones, 1 with sprint and 1 with at&t on 2 different uber accounts. I realized the sprint phone rarely receive requests where the at&t receives a lot more.

15. Nate

Nate Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I thought it was bull. I'm kind of a techie guy and I couldn't imagine how that would be true.

My carrier is T-Mobile. I've been receiving ride requests for about 5 months now with out a hiccup. I have only had the issue since about this past Friday. I am in the process of adding my new vehicle and just uploaded the files today. I was assuming that since Uber has known that my new car is not on the system yet, then they have blocked me from receiving requests, if they even do that.

16. Nate

Nate Member

Driving:
    UberX
    FYI this is what they said to me:

Hi Nate,

Sorry for the trouble! I'm happy to help with this.

Can you try switching the WiFi on your phone OFF? We've seen some wireless networks interfere with the app's connection to our servers. Switching that off will probably take care of the connection problem. Turning off Bluetooth and toggling your phone on and off of airplane mode might help as well.

If you continue to run into trouble after this step, please perform a hard reset on your phone. Just hold down the power button and home button for 15 seconds until the apple logo appears. Once the logo appears, it may take up to 60 seconds for the phone to restart. This should hopefully resolve your issue.

If not, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Let us know if none of these solutions work for you, and we'd be happy to take a closer look.

If I can help with anything else please let me know.

Best,

Josan
    help.uber.com

17. azndriver87

im an IT guy. you need to have an ACTIVE wifi connection between your phone and a wifi area to have the slightest/smallest possibility to cause an interference.

when you are in your car and even if you have your wifi on, if you're not connected to anything there's no signal emitting to interfere with uber.

Wifi and Data are running on 2 different frequency. There's no interference with one another.

i would just shutdown the software, uninstall, reinstall, restart your phone and go to the busiest area you know and try it out.

18. Nate

Nate Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You are correct sir.

Sounds like a good next move since I'm getting no help from Uber.

Viera Uber likes this.
  19. cvicari69

cvicari69 New Member

What kind of car are you using . You might be on uber select

20. azndriver87

The app is so glitchy sometimes, better to just reinstall the app and try it again.