1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

My UberMobile has that many miles on it:

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UberXTampa, Dec 8, 2015.

?
  1. Less than 25k miles and my pax deserve even better

2. Less than 50k miles

3. Less than 75k miles

4. Less than 100k miles

5. Less than 125k miles

6. Less than 150k miles

7. Less than 175k miles

8. Less than 200k miles

9. Less than 225k miles

10. More than 225k miles

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. UberXTampa

UberXTampa Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Let's see how do we stack against each other when it comes to mileage on the odometers.

Please update yours and share a few helpful tips about your car choice...

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  2. Robert John Spitzer

Robert John Spitzer Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I am a mechanic and auto detailer by trade...SUV still looks and runs like the day it was new....I just turned 135,000 the other night

itsablackmarket and UberXTampa like this.
  3. Uber 1

Uber 1 Well-Known Member

Started off with 229k+ miles....vehicle looks good and runs well.

Gets NEWER every time I fix it (which , knock on wood, is NOT very often!) ;-)

Andy

UberXTampa likes this.
  4. UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
    What make and model do you drive?

I drive a Prius and it is at 190K now. Been a good car for me so far. If I can manage to run it till it is no longer aceptable in the platform, probably I will be able to buy another used Prius at around 7 year old to avoid fast depreciation.

LEAFdriver likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberLUX
    the 1st option in your poll seems flawed ... I have less than 25K ... but "my pax do not deserve better"

LEAFdriver likes this.

6. UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
    I tried to be humorous about it. 2-rate cuts ago they deserved it I believe.

7. Uber 1

Uber 1 Well-Known Member

It is a 2006 Dodge Gran Caravan....Nice vehicle / power everything...Not super stellar for MPGs BUT great for its ability to haul stuff and / or people...it has the stow and go seating so I can fold up certain seats to alter where Pax can sit (I don't have them sit directly behind me so that seat is typically folded away until I get a big XL run then I'll fold it back up if needed).

Parts are fairly cheap for it and I typically do my own maintenance to save shop fees.

Andy

Scenicruiser and UberXTampa like this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberLUX
    Well at least Tampa hasn't turned all X with leather into Selects. We now have Prius & Mini Selects .... blah. Nothing against Prius or Mini ... but it's pissing off pax cause they were expecting a more luxury car ... now those pax are upgrading to Lux

Uberwagoner likes this.
  9. UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
    This will cause a ratings massacre. Pax will react low-rating and causing these folks to lose their jobs. Official symbol of UberX is Prius yet some people having problem accepting a Prius as a ride. some pax admitted in twitter that they were low-rating all prii out of spite instead of simply looking for a different car.

Uberwagoner likes this.
  10. Uberwagoner

Uberwagoner Active Member

I have been canceled by pax because my vehicle is VW stationwagen but it happens to have a panoramic sunroof and leather interior plus I have cell phone chargers.

Of course in DFW Prius drivers are disliked for Uber and Lyft by pax from my experiences with my own pax. The fact my car is a diesel does seem to improve the perception of my car though, at least the diesel pickup fanboys.

ClevelandUberRider likes this.
  11. itsablackmarket

itsablackmarket Well-Known Member

I am a step below, I know how to take care of what's working but can't fix what's broken, either on a mechanic level or paint condition level.

80,000 miles on camry and it looks like this:

[​IMG]

That's with no wax or polish, just maintenance washes (chemical guys soap with wax in it) for 2 years. It doesn't pop like new but it's the best I can do.

This was at about 60k miles in the sunlight:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016