Uber Drivers Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manila, Philippines

12K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  uberpeople.net 
#1 ·
Welcome to Manila Drivers Page!

#10 ·
Uber only currently operates in the National Capital Region (Metro Manila).

These past few days has been really rough for us. From trip bonus reductions, to recent crackdown of regulatory operatives, you name it!
Is it the Police or another government agency that harasses Uber drivers?

You said you are in the Black fleet. What car do you operate?

#12 ·
Hi everyone!

My name is Johana Bhuiyan and I'm a reporter at BuzzFeed News. I've been covering Uber extensively here in the United States and will be in the Philippines (I'm half, my mother is from Ilocos Sur) for a family reunion but will be in Manila for some time and would love to write a little bit about Uber there. I'd love to hear about your experience as an Uber driver in Manila.

#14 ·
Hi Guys! I'm thinking of being an Uber partner and would like to know your inputs and help on these:

Does the car have to be named or registered to the driver? Is a comprehensive insurance required or will TPL suffice?

Lastly, this is related to my first question. Can you be an operator, like you let another person drive your car and just divide the earnings afterwards, say 60/40? Do people actually practice this in Uber Manila? Cause there's a business opportunity right there.

Greatly appreciate your inputs! Thanks in Advance! :)

#16 ·
Hahaha! thank you for that dead straight answer ubermanilarider :)

I actually had a chance to chat with a friend yesterday who's currently an Uber partner and he's telling me the same thing. Wear and tear, low profit and poor support being received from the company. He told me I might be better off operating as a rent-a-car. He also referred me to that same group in Facebook and indeed was able to read comments and insights from members.

Anyway, I received a response yesterday for my first two questons from Uber Manila. I thought I share them in his thread. No, the car doesn't have to be named or registered to the driver and yes, TPL insurance will suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.