1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

LYFT in Minneapolis is a JOKE .. Uber is KING here But WHY?

Discussion in 'Lyft' started by Minneapolis uber captain., Jan 9, 2017.

1. Am confused and sometimes ask my self what was the point of signing up with LYFT ..

I have been Ubering 2 years Now 2000 plus Uber rides .. always thought lyft was a JOke starting with when they first REQUIRED the DORKY pink Mastouches on Cars ..

so I started an application back in 2014 but finally Finalised one end of December .. the thinking was what the heck .No pink mostouche Requirment so it gives u chances for more Rides when **** is slow with Uber .. WROOOONG .. I turn the Lyft app ON and sometimes forget it is on . no Requests as my Uber app is Blowing up with Ride requests ... what's wrong with Lyft in Minneapolis .. the application process is the hardest but Now am wondering was it really WORTH all that hustle ? Every couple hours A black or Hispanic passenger Request lol and that was the SURPRISING part lyft is popular among Black and Hispanic pple .
    (am black and I have no problem with either of em just saying )

So lyft needs to fire All of their reps in Minneapolis cause they sleeping on job looks like .. Uber uses a lot of promotional tricks to get pple in cars like a 5 buck off here and there .. LYFT needs to wake up in Minneapolis or SOON it won't be worth turning ON damn APP ... I love it that they have a tipping option and see they could crush a Uber but they ain't doing something right here to get passengers in Cars in Minneapolis .

JTR likes this.
  2. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Lyft markets to minorities where uber has a proven track record of building bonuses around excluding them

JTR and dirtylee like this.
  3. macchiato

macchiato Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    The split is 80/20.

JTR likes this.
  4. BrickCityGrl

BrickCityGrl New Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    What is so surprising about black and Hispanic people having a ride share app and money to pay for a ride? Are they all supposed to be standing on the corner waiting for the bus? You claim to have nothing against them, but still made it a point to say something so ignorant. I could give a **** less what race I give rides to...and it's MUSTACHE..damn

JTR likes this.
  5. dirtylee

dirtylee Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    The boosts & other area limited bonuses are ALWAYS in rich, white, & mostly liberal areas.

JTR likes this.

6. Lag Monkey

Lag Monkey Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    The Raleigh lyft market used to be just black and Hispanic people also. Usually poorer, requesting from low income areas. I'm not sure why this was but I think it had to do with uber branding itself as the high end service so naturally lower income people tried lyft thinking it would be cheaper.

Finally lyft gained market share in the area with the help of Duke university who has a large student population of out of state students from big lyft cities who are more socially conscious and don't like uber as a company and use lyft as their primary app. It spread from there as they told their friends about lyft which many people in the area had written off or not considered. Now lyft is popular enough to actually be doable and the rider demographics have fallen more in line with uber.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017 at 11:22 AM
    JTR likes this.