1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Lets start a "drivers guild"

Discussion in 'Advocacy' started by Geo305, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Geo305

Geo305 Member

We are starting a movement for all drivers to get on board not to protest, not to sign anything but be anonymous working to change things for drivers are you with us?

Lets talk about how we will unite all drivers for one purpose the "drivers guild" here we will discuss solutions not just complain.

2. ScoopDogg

ScoopDogg Member

Will there be punch and pie?

3. Geo305

Geo305 Member

Yes their will be some punches. Guys please take this serious. If we like this system of being under paid or used till then being replace then go ahead come chat waste your time here enjoy your foolishness. Im saying lets be united as drivers lets be in powered. Not to form a union but a guild. If we do so things will change. Dont let others dictate your wages let's look at the middle ground. Let the drivers and passenger be the ones who benefit. Look if we give corporations the power then we are doomed for high rates and low pay at the end they will always care more about the profits.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  4. ScoopDogg

ScoopDogg Member

I don't think we should advocate violence. How will this "guild" enact change? Who will be the spokesperson for this "guild"? Why would anyone listen to the "guild"? What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

5. Geo305

Geo305 Member

The "punches" is just attacks from urber and their strategies but its just a response to your joke "punches and pie" their is no spokes person we have talked, signed and protest but nothing works because money is the ultimate voice to politicians.

We as a secret group will have a voice of action to show those in power that we control this market not them because we are the needed commodity in their billion dollar indestry. Look we can continue to talk about what is wrong about a system but if their is no action what good are we. The guild is us not an individual its where we talk to solve issues professionally by law. Again it will take a large group but things will change. We will protest by strategically using the competition.

Scoopypoop
    If we do this in a radius of 24 miles and 11 m/s things will change.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016

6. ScoopDogg

ScoopDogg Member

Well count me it! Let me know when the guild comes to Denver.

7. Blackout 702

Blackout 702 Well-Known Member

So you decide to drive for Uber, then at some point you don't like driving for Uber. It doesn't pay enough, you don't like their policies, whatever. So your next option is to form a secret group to... what? Make them pay you more? Make them change their policies?

There's a reason you're driving for Uber in the first place and not, say, working as a plumber or a doctor or an astronaut. Maybe you have no skill set and no value as an employee who should be paid more. If that's the case, that's on you, and good luck forcing anyone to pay you more for your lack of value offered.

Maybe you have education, experience, and skills in a trade, but due to the poor economy in your area you are having trouble finding a hob that pays you what you're worth. If that's the case, move. You're sitting in a puddle and complaining that you are wet and demanding that someone come dry you off.

Maybe you have a full time job or you're retired with a pension or savings, and you just want to do something to make extra money. If you have tried driving for Uber and it isn't working out the way you wanted it to, then quit and do something else.

Regardless of your personal circumstances, it comes back to the same thing: you chose the job and you don't like the way it's working out. If you are more valuable that what you are earning, go do something else. If you are not more valuable than what you are earning, then what right do you have to demand that someone pay you more?

8. Geo305

Geo305 Member

Black Out 702,

I am an audio visual tech and have a full time "hob". I did drive for uber when I had quit my previous job so I can pursue in starting a non-profit organization. The money was not worth the time so I returned to the work force.

I personaly learned that we all must fight for each other in anything for we are our brothers keeper. I may lose my job or come across tough circumstances and will need that support not a hand out but an opportunity to make a living.

I dont know your motives or why you belittle anyone? Some people dont have options. Some may not have value but whatever the case if they work they have a "RIGHT" to make a living. We "MUST" lookout for those who work hard and strive by giving them an opportunity to do so.

I am no fool uber is taking advantage of other people and Im not going to stand by and say go find something else. I cant judge nor will I. I had chosen to move on but we must not allow corporation to take away peoples lively hood.

I personally believe in the future that technology will make us better but dont belive in corruption. Dishonest and fraudulent conducts to make drivers think they will make a living and pray on their ignorance is something I'm disgusted by.

You may work for Uber or you dont care for anyone. Maybe this is all you do and you love it. Who knows? I can only say one thing ....

"The blood of your brother is in your hands"

9. Blackout 702

Hang on, let me get a tissue...

Ok, I'm back. Thanks for pointing out my typographical error. By the way, you misspelled or incorrectly punctuated the following words in your short rant: personally, don't, I'm, brother's, and believe. Also, you forgot to capitalize the first letter in a proper noun, and your grammar is atrocious. Now where were we?

Ah yes. It's really simple. Uber doesn't pay a great deal of money in many markets, but neither does flipping burgers. However, as a ride share driver, there are ways to maximize your income, whereas flipping burgers is just, you know, flipping burgers. Seems like the guys at the Burger Shack need your help more than the ride share drivers who at least have the option to use skill and knowledge to increase their income. After all...

"The burger grease is on your hands. Here's a wet-wipe."

10. Geo305

Geo305 Member

What is your motive? What do you do for a living?

Why do you waste your time here. You are not with us you are against us. There is nothing wrong you "****" in working for any job fast food for whatever reason why must you judge. You are deeply worthless in society. Judging others on value you think is important because "money" is your god. You will feel its wrath enjoy you insignificant time good luck.

11. Blackout 702

I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm not with or against anybody, I have utmost respect for anyone who works an honest job, and I really don't care all that much about money as long as I am comfortable.

My motive for being here is to share my opinion, read what others have to say, maybe learn something here and there, and have a laugh. For a living I babysit, in a manner of speaking (special hint for you: I am not actually worthless in society!). Thanks for asking.

Geo305 likes this.
  12. elelegido

elelegido Well-Known Member

You're trying to recruit members for a secret society... on a public forum on the internet. I'm not entirely convinced that will work.

13. Geo305

Geo305 Member

"there are ways to maximize your income"

Yes there are was to scam other soon to be drivers and get $75. Good for you!

14. Blackout 702

No you guys, seriously it's gonna be super secret.

15. Geo305

Geo305 Member

Look I understand your points and you do have good ones. All I'm saying is the only way uber works is for a one time thing for gas or whatever not a full time gig. Uber should state that if they charge/pay this way.

16. Geo305

Geo305 Member

Who said it will be here?

17. Geo305

Geo305 Member

So you are the owner or you are just a paid writer? Look its not that hard to do a forum with a login. The hard part is getting everyone to care for each other.