Uber Drivers Forum banner
41 - 60 of 93 Posts
Thanks for the wiki Grandpa, it was very helpful. I think I'm going out for the first time tomorrow morning. I signed up last Fall when they were first legally starting in LV but I never went out. I'd figured they'd have deactivated me by now but didn't. All they did was waitlist me because the insurance I had on file with them had expired. I gave proof of current insurance and I was activated again.

I didn't see a pickup/dropoff for downtown. Is there a specific one?

I'm not getting the business licenses right away. I will get them with my first $225 in pay.

Thanks for the wiki Grandpa, it was very helpful. I think I'm going out for the first time tomorrow morning. I signed up last Fall when they were first legally starting in LV but I never went out. I'd figured they'd have deactivated me by now but didn't. All they did was waitlist me because the insurance I had on file with them had expired. I gave proof of current insurance and I was activated again.

I didn't see a pickup/dropoff for downtown. Is there a specific one?

I'm not getting the business licenses right away. I will get them with my first $225 in pay.
Hey Grandpa have you gave up ? Don't see you around the airport anymore....
If you put a @ before the grandpaD, it will come out like this GrandpaD and it sends him a notification.

Business Licensing
All TNC drivers must possess a State of Nevada Business License and Clark County Business License. It is advisable you print a copy of your licenses and keep them in your glove compartment, as enforcement officers are known to request copies.

State of Nevada

Cost is $200 annually with renewals at $100. Most drivers register as a "Sole Proprietor" as a TNC Driver. Questions regarding other types (General partnership, LLC, etc.) should be directed to your Tax consultant.

State law calls for penalties of not less than $1000 up to $10,000 for "willfully failing or neglecting to obtain or renew" a State Business License. (NRS 76.180)

Clark County
All drivers will be required to have a Clark County Business License. Cost is $25 annually. You must have a State Business License to apply for a County license. County law requires TNC to suspend any driver that does not have a license. County requires you to print the "Application - Driver - DRI", complete it and either go in person or mail it to the address provided.

Does this thing still apply? Uber office basically told me not to worry about this and "uber on" lol

Or $100. Here is the law.

NRS 76.100 before conducting a business in this State and the person is:

(a) An entity required to file an annual list with the Secretary of State pursuant to this title, the person:

(1) Shall pay a penalty of $100 in addition to the annual state business registration fee for each year in which the entity fails to obtain a state business registration;

(2) Shall be deemed to have not complied with the requirement to file an annual list with the Secretary of State; and

(3) Is subject to all applicable provisions relating to the failure to file an annual list, including, without limitation, the provisions governing default and revocation of its charter or right to transact business in this State, except that the person is required to pay the penalty set forth in subparagraph (1) of paragraph (a).

(b) Not an entity required to file an annual list with the Secretary of State, the person shall pay a penalty in the amount of $100 in addition to the annual state business registration fee for each year in which the person has conducted business in this State without a state business registration.

2.  The Secretary of State may refuse to issue a state business registration to a person that has failed to pay the fees and penalties required by this chapter.

(Added to NRS by 2009, 2030; A 2015, 1276)

The above statement is true and correct "If" a random person reports or has issues with your personal business. The fine I mentioned is handed out by the Nevada Transportation Authority. They classify you as operating and illegal taxi service if you don't have a State license and county license which entitles them to impound your vehicle if they wish. To each his own. I just prefer not to take the risk.

Just some info I just found out...while applying for county license yesterday online. I already paid for my license(did app and payment online) and they told me it will expire Oct 31st when I just called to check status. Didnt see anywhere on the site where stated this.The year doesnt start when you order it...goes off calendar year. I called the county and they will be correcting it for me to start the license year after the 31st. Probably should have printed the app and walked it in to avoid this. Live and learn.Food for thought.

Just some info I just found out...while applying for county license yesterday online. I already paid for my license(did app and payment online) and they told me it will expire Oct 31st when I just called to check status. Didnt see anywhere on the site where stated this.The year doesnt start when you order it...goes off calendar year. I called the county and they will be correcting it for me to start the license year after the 31st. Probably should have printed the app and walked it in to avoid this. Live and learn.Food for thought.
It expires for everyone on the same day no matter when you get it for the country. So you could end up with less than a year if you sign up in January for instants but it's the same price

This might be a silly questions but when I am filling out the Clark County Business License application am I going to put that I lease my business location and list my property management company? and do I need a temp. license?

For all you newbies, please perform a practice run to each Terminal pu area prior to staging at the airport.
This is still good advice for any newbies perusing this. Before you do your practice run, remove trade dress and turn your apps offline. I took a wrong turn on my trial run and ended up at a parking kiosk, where a lady saw my trade dress and told me to be careful where I go before I get a ticket. I told her my app was offline and it's just a trial run so I'm not lost when working, and she said that I'm fine in that case.

Removing trade dress removes all doubt.

This is still good advice for any newbies perusing this. Before you do your practice run, remove trade dress and turn your apps offline. I took a wrong turn on my trial run and ended up at a parking kiosk, where a lady saw my trade dress and told me to be careful where I go before I get a ticket. I told her my app was offline and it's just a trial run so I'm not lost when working, and she said that I'm fine in that case.

Removing trade dress removes all doubt.
Last time I checked This a free Nation with Freedom of Expression...Car Dealerships advertise their trade dress. Spewing out your fears is abnormal and further more Anti - American!

Preston you can remove your dress all you want while I'm free-ballin' wearing a utility kilt, and I am still not ashamed.

Not Surprised

I would rock that.
I'm Sure you would!

Last time I checked This a free Nation with Freedom of Expression...Car Dealerships advertise their trade dress. Spewing out your fears is abnormal and further more Anti - American!

Not Surprised

I'm Sure you would!
It is also a nation of laws. Go ahead and drive around the garages at McCarran wearing your trade dress. For good measure, freely express yourself by having your app online also. Let me know how it works out for you.

Hint: Read the Airport's rideshare regulations.

Please never give a trip to a customer for cash.

Never for any amount of money being offered. Ever !

Only work with the Uber App on. No cash trips no matter what story the customer tells you. The answer is always the same sorry I cannot help you. Download the Uber app or take a taxicab,bus, or walk etc.

The NTA are impounding cars you will get caught, it is only a matter of time.

Having your vehicle impounded and paying for the citation is very expensive.

Never place advertisements on the web for cash rides also.

This the very best advice anyone can give you. Please follow it.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.