1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

I've got 200,000 miles on my car.

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Lord Summerisle, Dec 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Jimmy Bernat

Jimmy Bernat Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Isn't your 335 a 335d?
    My 335 is lucky to get 24 mpg on the highway

2. Phil H

Phil H New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It's been about 21 months now and I have about 83000 on my 2015 Kia Soul's odometer. Replace wheel bearings on passenger side but still going strong

3. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT

Well...yeah....but...

You serious? On HIGHWAY???

Try changing fuels or additives? That sounds wrong

4. Jimmy Bernat

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Yeah I got 28mpg once
    Heck when I run e50 Id be lucky to get 16mpg hwy. Mine is awd, staggered, lots of modifications. Heck it's a lot better then my sti on gas and that was just a 2.5 4cyl turbo lot a twin turbo 3l In line 6

5. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    50% ethanol?

Check manual I'm pretty sure you shouldn't do that

I know my diesel cap say no biodiesel/b8 max

6. Jimmy Bernat

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    E85 is basically a cheap race gas , on the stock fuel system (i actually have an upgraded LPFP) you run a blend of e85 and premium basically creating a e50 blend. Was good for an extra 80 ftlbs of torque and 30awhp compared to regular fuel . It's very common in pretty much every turbo car community . I ran pure e85 in my sti but need to upgrade the fuel injectors and fuel pump plus get it tuned

I'll be installing Port INjection to run full e85 soon

7. AussieScott

AussieScott New Member

Just clocked 200,000 on my '05 Prius.

Runs great.

Cost me 4k with 153,000 back in January.

Have spent 4,000 in maintenance.

Water pump + Head gasket (month after buying it)
    Hybrid Battery at 181,000 miles, reconditioned for $1300.
    Misc minor stuff like brakes and tires.

Car still worth 3.5k on bluebook I think. Excellent exterior and interior. Oil change and rotation every 5k miles.

Don't understand why anyone would use a new car for this. I drive full time so know how it wotks.

BaitNSwitch likes this.
  8. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Well your maintenance aint exactly cheap....

Most people would toss a $3500 car that wants $4k in repairs per year...

Especially since you can get some new-old-stock 2016 econobox for $10k or less

grams777 and Shangsta like this.
  9. LuisEnrikee

LuisEnrikee Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    The best part of having a car with 150,000+ is that the value of it is gone and you can keep driving and driving without a care .
    My 2013 Mazda has 140,000 and idgaf I will run it to the ground . I got it for dirt cheap and works like a charm .

BaitNSwitch and Lowestformofwit like this.
  10. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    For $4000 a year you might as well be making car payments.

grams777 and Adieu like this.
  11. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    How much is dirt cheap? Is this her second time ubering or similar (rental, loaner fleet)?

12. BaitNSwitch

BaitNSwitch Well-Known Member

You sure you guys get "28 MPG" or 33 mpg?

EPA estimates are always egregiously off.

My car is supposed to get 27 on the highway, but I end up getting 20-21.

13. 1rightwinger

1rightwinger Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm driving a 2006 Ford Expedition. My operating cost on this vehicle including gas and yes including depreciation is conservatively $0.20 per mile. It's probably actually a little less like $0.18. A lot of people don't believe that but it's true the depreciation on this is hardly anything. Gas is about 12 cents per mile based on my local gas cost and miles per gallon. I bought this car for $5,000 it is in excellent shape. It had a hundred and seventy thousand miles on it now I have a 185000 miles it runs and rides like it is new. In my opinion it is a great vehicle for Uber even though the miles per gallon is not that great. Because it is a low-cost vehicle that offsets the miles per gallon. I live in a winter climate. The last couple weeks there has been a lot of surge. Due to the roads being snow and icy and temperatures 20 below zero. A lot of drivers stay home but I love driving in the snow and ice. The four-wheel drive helps. A lot more people are using Uber so they don't have to go to an event and walked out to a cold car so they're taking over to hockey games etcetera. I am in a smaller market and it only pays $0.75 per mile but with surges there are times where I can go out and make 40 to $50 per hour due to surges and that is after deducting my operating costs. Granted that is only for a few hours a week. This would not work for a full-time gig. But I'm pulling in three to four hundred dollars a week driving part-time 224 hours on certain nights of the week and sometimes if you ran them rides during the day. Another way to look at this, I paid $5,000 cash for this vehicle. That was in July. I just looked at my earnings and my net pay from July until now doing this part time is just under $5,000. And I could sell this vehicle for more than I paid for it. Because I bought it. A really good deal

14. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    My '09 Expedition SSV cost me $4600 @ 156k mi

+$1250 for replacement interior - leather, third row, seatbelts, trim, console etc.

....dont know that I'd dare do it in a market like yours though. Dont you get XL???

If yours is missing the third row, thats easily remedied...ask me how.

grams777 likes this.
  15. Jimmy Bernat

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Then you're probably doing something wrong if the car is stock and maintained correctly

I regularly get over the highway estimate on most my cars . Once you learn your car you should be able to beat out EPA estimates in normal conditions on a stock well maintained car

16. Peanut hello

Peanut hello Active Member

Prius they are pretty good cars for this buisness,cheap on gas and less maintenance.

17. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    uh, yeah...
    I just bought a 2009 GMC Acadia SLT2 AWD that has 201,000 on it.
    I'll drive it to Uber with (XL/SELECT/LUX) until the wheels fall off.

upload_2017-1-4_11-32-39.png

Jimmy Bernat likes this.
  18. Michael - Cleveland

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Not at 17 MPG.

Lord Summerisle likes this.
  19. merkurfan

merkurfan Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    uber don't care about MPG

20. Michael - Cleveland

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    So what? ... I DO!
    (which is why I don't do X in that vehicle).
    If I want to drive X, I have sedans and a minivan that get reasonably decent mileage.