1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

I've got 200,000 miles on my car.

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Lord Summerisle, Dec 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Kyle Kruchok

Kyle Kruchok Member

How often do you uber? I've got a couple pennies saved up and was gonna try full time uber for like a month, and see if I liked it. The whole "I make $3/hr" thing has me worried, but with that being said, I thing there are some pretentious drivers out there. Isn't it the idea to be aggressive and lock in any ride you can?

2. leonsfc

leonsfc New Member

I'm at close to 240k mis :)

UberXTampa likes this.
  3. UberXTampa

UberXTampa Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
  4. Kaz

Kaz Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Kia is a great car. I Uber and Lyft with my 2011 Soul. Ive put alot of miles on it but it is one of the better cars Ive owned and Ive had several. And there is a driver here in Phx that has a Prius with 400k miles. He's proud of his car,,lol. It looks good and still runs great so why not. With these rates it makes no sense to use a new car. It doesn't matter how many miles are on your car... use synthetic oil only and take care of your car and most will run for over 200k. Kia, Toyota, Ford, Suburu, all good cars.

Kembolicous and tohunt4me like this.
  5. Kaz

Kaz Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Kia Souls hold their value. My sister works in the auction business. Used car Dealers tell her Souls are good sellers and are easy to maintain. I have one and I fully agree. Its roomy and the eco boost gives me about 33 mpg on freeway. Great car.

tohunt4me likes this.

6. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

That's the entire problem with UBER. No stable ground !

7. I_Like_Spam

I_Like_Spam Well-Known Member

That's the kind of car someone should be ubering with.

When I was driving Yellow Cab, the "new" cabs were mostly retired police cruisers- usually with 150000 miles or more.

The cab I drove with the most miles on it was an Olds Ciera with 554,000 miles and a customer was impressed.

Yellow Cab was a professional outfit, I can't doubt their judgment that cars with high mileage are the ones most profitable to run in the livery business. Hopefully, you'll still be driving this vehicle when it has a half million on the odometer

Adieu likes this.
  8. merkurfan

merkurfan Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    My "current" uber car... eff um.. pay junk rates. I drive junk.. it's new enough for them (05) clean enough (no rust) and clean title.

Attached Files:

9. Jimmy Bernat

Jimmy Bernat Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I bet 90% of the uber black cars have 200k lol
    I ordered an uber select thr other night and got a Black suburban I couldn't help but notice the odometer at 280k miles

Adieu likes this.
  10. BaitNSwitch

BaitNSwitch Well-Known Member

Junk car is the way to go if you want to make slightly above minimum wage.

11. BiggestScamInHistory

BiggestScamInHistory Member

You think they'll make enough with Select rates (which are the same for a decade old hybrid Cab, not a V8 AWD luxury SUV) to use a brand new low mileage Suburban, give Uber 25-30% commission, & enjoy NO TIP in return at the end unlike the hybrid cab driver????!!!!

How bad is your basic math & common sense?? Everyone feels like they're owed sonething for nothing now, smh.

Adieu likes this.
  12. BiggestScamInHistory

BiggestScamInHistory Member

Junk pay calls for junk cars. Give them what they pay for:

The bare minimum. No water, chargers, mints, or letting them mess with your stereo without seeing some dead Presidents first. You have to train riders like dogs.

Adieu likes this.
  13. Jimmy Bernat

Driving:
    UberSELECT

I could care less how many miles are on it, it was in great shape. I think if you're doing this gig in a suburban high milage is the way to go. Those cars are crazy reliable to 500k miles.
    I wasn't talking down my driver or his car just stating that 200k miles plus isn't uncommon in livery

14. merkurfan

merkurfan Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX

Most cars these days (with the exception of some of the very bottom end cars) will go 250-300K with proper care.. GM missed the mark with the LS motors, internally at GM they were complaining about the longevity of the small block that had been around since the 60s.. they just would not die.. So they made the LS.. and oops, it lasts longer.

15. Jimmy Bernat

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Yeah there is a reason why the Suburban and Yukon XL are the most popular SUV for livery companies

I always say if you're looking for a reliable tough car to do rideshare in look at what the taxi companies and limo companies use and get that .

16. crazytown

crazytown Well-Known Member

Tear it up !!! Your partner will help you get a new one when that rapidly approaching time comes...

17. BaitNSwitch

BaitNSwitch Well-Known Member

My car is visibly rusting. Wonder what t he passengers think lol.

They probably think "ew, what an old car this guy sucks". When they should be saying "This man is smart"

Shangsta and crazytown like this.
  18. jaywaynedubya

jaywaynedubya Well-Known Member

300k, prius, my other cars just chill for the most part, been driving this one into the ground.

Attached Files:

BaitNSwitch likes this.
  19. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT

33... "on the freeway"????

Youch.

Even my BMW 335 can outdo that.

Heck my older '96 bimmer gets 33mpg on cruise control

20. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    My 2015 Kia Soul plus model gets about 39 on the freeway IF I don't drive over 60 mph. At 70 it's about 31. So that's a factor. I love the car. Had a 2013 that was totaled and went back and bought another. Not for uber, although I do use it for that. Only part time though. Most miles are pizza delivery and commuting. I'm at 38,000 after 2 years 2 months, which isn't bad for Houston and working out of my car. I'm pretty crazy about cutting down on dead miles though.

Pax love it. Tons of leg room compared to other small cars. Very maneuverable. Great delivery vehicle and although there's not a ton of cargo space with the seats in place, if you fold the seats down it's pretty huge back there. I don't want 4 pax plus luggage in a small car anyway. I can fold down one side in the back and sit a pax up front if we do need space for large suitcases. Have only done that a couple times though.