1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

I've got 200,000 miles on my car.

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Lord Summerisle, Dec 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Well-Known Member

Anyone Ubering with more than that?

2. UberTaxPro

UberTaxPro Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Nope, I've got 111,000. How many miles did you have when you started ubering?

3. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Well-Known Member

180,000. Put 20,000 on the car since July. Racing towards oblivion...

4. Uber 1

Uber 1 Well-Known Member

I am STARTING with a minivan with 229+K miles ;-O

Andy

PS - My 87 E150 Van has 302K miles.....so you STILL have a ways to go....Take care of it....it'll last!

Adieu, grams777, tohunt4me and 5 others like this.
  5. Phil H

Phil H New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I started with a brand new Kia Soul 9 months ago and now I have 42000 miles on it

6. UberEddie2015

UberEddie2015 Well-Known Member

Are you crazy Phil. A brand new vehicle for UberX. 4 to 5 years and the car is wothless. At .75 a mile. Your making pennies a mile with dead miles. Band together and refuse to drive for less than a $1.00 a mile.

7. radzer0

radzer0 Active Member

Phil is smart, the value of the kia drops so much that miles or not he may only be looking at a $1500 difference lol

8. uberparadise

uberparadise Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Brand new cars are actually a great idea if they are under 20 grand. The paint is fresh, belts and bolts tight and fresh. Cars deteriorate with years not just miles. Kia will go 200,000 miles easy with no problems. It's better to keep driving with a quality vehicle than buy a used nightmare from someone.

9. ubervibe

ubervibe New Member

220k on an '03 Pontiac Vibe. Powered by a Toyota engine and ******. Only thing to go bad in that time is the starter. With regular maintenance, it keeps going and going.....

10. uberparadise

uberparadise Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You are in the sweet spot right now. Investing or trusting Uber to pay your car note is very very risky. The game and rules change as you drive.

TwoFiddyMile and tohunt4me like this.
  11. ubervibe

ubervibe New Member

I know. This is my side hustle - a reality of living in the Bay Area. It supplements my income. I already have a full time and don't need another, nor do I need to go into debt trying to make some pocket cash.

I don't have a new car, I don't have the best looking car, I don't have the most fun car, I don't have the fastest car. I don't care. It gets the job done of transporting people safely from point A to B. They don't get water or food or anything else along the way, besides a phone charge if they need it and a conversation and/or some music if they desire it.

That's the second chance this car has had to make me $$$. First was when I was working at the assembly plant where they were made.

12. Steve_Chatt

Steve_Chatt Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Driving a 2014 Civic with 27,000 miles.

tohunt4me likes this.
  13. UberXTampa

UberXTampa Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    That car has no more soul left in it!

14. UberXTampa

UberXTampa Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    189k miles and I hope I can use it till 289k and more.

tohunt4me likes this.
  15. huggies2

huggies2 New Member

I'm starting with an 07 Ford Explorer Sport Trac here. 77k miles.

tohunt4me likes this.
  16. Patriot Rider

Patriot Rider Member

I bought 3 used 2006 Crown Vic ex police cars with between 85k and 105k miles on them. I paid $6400 for all three. I took one to Macco and had the antenna holes filled and a cheap paint job for $800. After putting 40k miles on the first one, I sold it for a $1700 profit and started driving the second one, which I also had body work and paint done, and I still have an extra car. I spend a little more on gas, but in turn I have a larger roomier car built for a rough life, lower insurance, no car payments, an easy to clean vinyl floor and rear seat, and a profit on the car at the end. In a few months, I'll be going back to the auction for 3 more. I think I have found the way!

Kembolicous, Slim Pete, Adieu and 6 others like this.
  17. Uber 1

Uber 1 Well-Known Member

Wow...IMAGINE how much MORE you cold have made had you NOT put 40K EXTRA miles on the car?....MAYBE the real secret is NOT driving But FLIPPING ex cop cars ??

Andy

PS - I MAY look into that one!

18. Clifford Chong

Clifford Chong Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Started with 6,600, now have 21,000.

Roughly 8 months of ridesharing.

hunter928 likes this.
  19. Patriot Rider

Patriot Rider Member

BiggestScamInHistory likes this.
  20. Patriot Rider

Patriot Rider Member

I've been pretty fortunate. I don't Uber full time, just 3 or 4 hours a day as it works around my full time schedule. I live on the edge of the suburbs to my major city, and I am surrounded by affluent neighborhoods. Not many folks in my area are Uber drivers, so my little pocket of heaven is in constant surge....if I had to guess, about 75% of the day. I do get drawn out of my target area some by taking people to the airport and deadheading back, but its still by far worth it. I'm not getting rich, but I am also never worried about not getting a decent return. Low expenses and constant surge make it worth it for now, and it's been this way for a while.

tohunt4me likes this.