1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Is there anyone ubering with stick shift?

Discussion in 'People' started by Leonard818, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Leonard818

Leonard818 Active Member

Just saw a guatemalan guy in carwash with sedan yaris manual. He told me has been driving manual since 15 yo. Manual is fun but must be hard with uber 200+ miles a day.

Kembolicous and tohunt4me like this.
  2. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

The automatics get better gas mileage nowadays.
    I've replaced a few clutches.
    Never had to replace an automatic transmission yet. Had to replace a few rear seals and transmission filters,even adjust shift points,but never had to replace bands yet.

Kembolicous likes this.
  3. Peanut hello

Peanut hello Active Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    He must have two right legs.

Kembolicous likes this.
  4. Pinkubergirl

Pinkubergirl Member

I drive a stick and I love it I get great gas mileage and it's fun and I feel like a Race Car Driver LOL

Kembolicous and SibeRescueBrian like this.
  5. TBone

TBone Active Member

6. NGOwner

NGOwner New Member

7. Leonard818

Leonard818 Active Member

Tbone and NGowner what car u guys drive?

8. Tnasty

Tnasty Active Member

I drive a 2011 Kia soul with 225k and still the original clutch.

9. Sub Guy

Sub Guy Member

I drive a 2012 Mazda3 with manual transmission and my daughter drives a 2014(15?) Chevy Spark with manual transmission. I started out driving an 06 Kia Optima automatic but after my first month went shopping for a more fuel efficient vehicle and only looked at manuals because 80% of my vehicles over the years have been manual and I prefer the control I have with a manual. I did notice that automatics have come a long way in matching and in some cases exceeding the MPG of manuals but it is what I prefer to drive.

uzurper and Tnasty like this.
  10. milooo

milooo Member

06 honda accord manual. I always get wow you are the first uber to drive stick shift and you are so smooth i would not have known it was stick until i seen you shifting

Tnasty likes this.
  11. argyowl

argyowl Member

Going to start driving Uber this week most likely with a manual. Been driving manual since I was 15 years old too. I'm 28 now.

uzurper likes this.
  12. Bean

Bean Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    2010 Honda Civic LX-S Manual. I love it and my passengers do as well :)

13. KingTravisHasNoClothes

KingTravisHasNoClothes Active Member

2008 Bashas shopping cart

14. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Well-Known Member

I once learned to drive a stick and the day after I got grey hair. I couldn't imagine doing stick with Lyft as I will often need my other hand free to accept pings and all of that. Wonder how they do it in the UK. Driving in the snow is even tougher with stick shift. Plus if I am on a hill upwards, the car will start rolling back before I can get a chance to go forward. It is like I need a 3rd leg or something to hold brake pedal while I slowly get off of the clutch and accelerate at the same time. Plus it keeps shaking and stalling on me and I have to turn ignition on again when it shuts off. I am like how in the world do people deal with this--no wonder manual cars are way cheaper.

Milfordctuber likes this.
  15. Bean

Bean Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Ozzyoz, All of those problems go away with experience. I don't even think about it anymore.

16. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Well-Known Member

Lol I got a try that too. My next car will be a stick shift for Lyft but I'll only drive it in warm weather.

uzurper likes this.
  17. Rooster06

Rooster06 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Wouldn't drive anything but a manual. 2011 Jetta, so much more control and fun. Safer in the snow than an automatic as well.

uzurper likes this.
  18. uzurper

uzurper New Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Drove a manual VW Golf TDI for 6 years and it was awesome. The only time it sucked was in stop and go traffic... that being said, when I visited the PI all of the Uber drivers in Manilla were driving cars with manual transmissions.

19. Tommy Vercetti

Tommy Vercetti Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yeah, all my cars have been MANUAL. So is my current Uber car. I dont find it a pest, its second nature to me.

20. Michael_Knight77

Michael_Knight77 New Member

I just started driving today. My Mazda 3 has a 6-speed manual transmission. One passenger said that he thought it was cool, lol!

BbKtKeanu likes this.