1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

I HATE FRONT SEAT PASSENGERS

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Steveyoungerthanmontana, Jan 9, 2017.

1. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Don't lump all Americans in with your personal preferences. Most of us could care less

Shangsta, occupant, cakoo10 and 2 others like this.
  2. Brian G.

Brian G. Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I just did and most born Americans do not like riders in front.

3. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I say most don't care...so I guess we are at an impass. Have a great night.

Shangsta and 2Peaks like this.
  4. 1rightwinger

1rightwinger Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Invasive? You are hiring out yourself and your car to make money. Does your car have a back seat that holds four passengers? For you and the other guy who said he leaves a bunch of stuff on the front seat, you're supposed to be able to haul for people in your car. The front seat is usually one of the four available seats. Unless you have a van or SUV obviously. I don't see what the big deal is. In fact if there is one person I would much rather have them up in the front seat. People that get in the backseat by themselves are usually a little uppity In my experience. And they also come with the attitude that you can tell they're not going to tip. Single passengers that are happy to sit up front are much more fun to talk to and they are not stuck up. And they usually tip more. And from a safety standpoint much better to have somebody beside you and behind you where you can't see what they are doing.

5. Karen Stein

Karen Stein Active Member

I am delighted to have folks sit up front.

6. Brian G.

Brian G. Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Nope. Most of my rides are singles.

7. Brian G.

Brian G. Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Good let them. I'll do what i gotta for them to be in the back seat. I have my light jazz playing for them on low and have my ear buds on Pandora.

8. Steveyoungerthanmontana

Steveyoungerthanmontana Active Member

That's true, I've never had a front seat passenger that was rude. I just dont like how they sit in the front seat like we are best pals and are all chummy. It's like slow the brakes buy me dinner first.

Most front seat passengers are pleasant after about five minutes. But if I'm having a bad day or they are having a bad day, it's just awkward and I would prefer my own personal space and not have to hold my lunch or water in my lap.

Brian G. likes this.
  9. Brian G.

Brian G. Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Great response. If I had it my way I would charge extra to sit next to me.

Rico Ramz likes this.
  10. DriverPsycho

DriverPsycho Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I always tell'em to slide to the right so I can back up my seat

Brian G. likes this.
  11. Brian G.

Brian G. Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I don't tell them I just keep myself comfortable. I'm 6'4" so my seat is all the back. I get a lot of paxs that move or walk to the other side to give me and themselves space.

DriverPsycho likes this.
  12. JTR

JTR Active Member

Simple i put my front seat all the way to front. If rider opens front door i tell them please seat on back. If rider refuse than cancel move on:)

13. Brian G.

Brian G. Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I wouldn't go that far but I'll make the ride very uncomfortable by doing a various of things and obviously rate 1 star and email uber a complaint about the pax

JTR likes this.
  14. JTR

JTR Active Member

I only let pretty girls in my front seat :)

Attached Files:

Brian G. likes this.
  15. Brian G.

Brian G. Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    That's a given.

JTR likes this.
  16. 2Peaks

2Peaks Well-Known Member

Most don't care. Most drivers worry about entitled pax, but it seems a few are entitled drivers. "Wahh, don't invade my space." You are probably a Type B and don't like Type A people in your car at all.

Guess what, they already invaded "your space" whether in front or in back. When they sit in back you are just a cheap chauffeur.
    I'll agree, don't touch the instrument panel, but I've never had anyone try it anyway.

If I ride hotel or airport, or rental car shuttle, I sit up front. There is a seat there.

If I ever take a ride in your car, just move your cubby.

Shangsta and JTR like this.
  17. Brian G.

Brian G. Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I'll make your lil ride long and uncomfortable. You wouldn't want me as your driver bud. I had a pax today and told me to turn down my light heat in my car granted it was 20 degrees. I told the pax if I'm not comfortable he can get out and request another ride. The pax said nothing and I enjoyed my heat.

18. DriverPsycho

DriverPsycho Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Shangsta and Brian G. like this.
  19. Nice_Guy

Nice_Guy Active Member

I hate front riders too! it's just awkward having a stranger in front who won't even chit chat.

JTR likes this.
  20. Rico Ramz

Rico Ramz Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I believe most people that insist to seat on the front are hired ubers secret riders. I think they just want to test, how far they can annoy you, before you snap.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017 at 9:44 PM