1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

I don't believe all of you who say you Do Uber all day

Discussion in 'Advice' started by DRider85, Jan 8, 2017.

1. MoneyUber4

MoneyUber4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Thank you for being a volunteer driver!
    You should donate part of your fortune to the poor paxs or homeless.
    Uber can take your donation too.
    They have a party on you, every week.

simpsonsverytall and JTR like this.
  2. mmmike

mmmike Active Member

Maybe Allentown Pa isn't the place to be doing this. I heard Orlando area is awesome. You up for moving?

JTR likes this.
  3. JTR

JTR Active Member

?

Attached Files:

4. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    The orlando rates are terrible, your looking at $7-10 an hour on uberX with a great many minimum trips that pay out $2.70.
    Most of the morning trips to the airport are in the $15-20 range (with $5 in tolls round trip) and taking close to an hour round trip for the tourist areas, barely worth the time once you count in how long you wait between trips in the morning. Because of the way everything is laid out the tourist ares rarely if ever surge, Disney never does. (as it's a lot of fares coming out of a few small areas) The taxis on the other hand can cover all of their daily expenses with 2-3 fares to the airport in the early morning from the tourist areas, if it takes 5 hours to get 3 good trips to the airport it's no big deal.

Picking up at the airport is restricted to vehicles with full commercial insurance (24/7 coverage, not James Rivers BS) and the uber rates from the airport are terrible considering you end up giving a lot of it to uber, the turnpike comission, and rates are STILL a lot cheaper than taxis. Wait times at the airport to load end up being, hours for every pickup you manage. In the off season you might wait 3-4 hours to get a ping at the airport.

So a taxi gets 3 trips to the airport in the morning from the tourist areas your looking at...
    $40-$75 a trip to the airport, grab 3 or more of these between 4:00 am and 10:00 am
    $120- $150 in 6 hours easily
    $130 and they break even on their entire 12 hour shift or the day if they are on a weekly contract for either the 9:00 PM shift or 5:00 am shift.

Uber
    $15-20 a trip to the airport
    $60 total minus $15 in tolls and taking 4 hours to do it.

Finally...

Everyone racks up an insane amount of upaid miles every day. Running dispatch calls generally results in 3 miles total driven for every mile that's paid, or 30-35 paid miles to every 100 miles driven. Taxis might have 70-100 paid miles for 200-300 mile driven. Which isn't that bad considering 100 paid miles is probobly close to $300+ tips on the meter in a taxi, and for uberX your looking at $80-100 for the same amount of paid miles.

JTR likes this.
  5. mmmike

mmmike Active Member

Alright so this guy's goal is to keep you out of Orlando lol. Well done, sir.

6. DRider85

DRider85 Active Member

There's my fare for tonight

Attached Files:

JTR likes this.
  7. Southdiver

Southdiver Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Screenshot (2).png

JTR likes this.
  8. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    The rates here are abysmal... on that you are correct.
    As for Disney never surging, you are very wrong. It surges nightly as the parks close. It also surges whenever there is a major even going on. (there was a nice 2.5-4x surge going on between 3-5am the other morning due to the Marathon) During the busy season (like over the holidays) it would pretty much stay surged at Epcot and MK from 10pm-12pm... sometimes later.

9. Southdiver

Southdiver Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I would have thought that people would be taking the Disney supplied busses to and from the parks?

10. Mears Troll Number 4

Driving:
    Taxi
    Yes and no...

The problem is that the buses only go to "on site" parks meaning disney owned or a very small number very close to the parks. Guests at those hotels end up just taking the free transport everywhere most of the time.

However there are a great many hotels that are outside of Disney that may or may not have a complementary shuttle, and some might require taking a free bus to one specific place to get picked up. The free shuttles tend to hit 100% capacity at closing and people end up paying for rides to get off property.

These parks have a capacity of 100,000+ so there will be a sizable number of people coming from them.

But the top 2 biggest parking lots in the world are still at Disney.

11. Mears Troll Number 4

Driving:
    Taxi
    Yeah but even with a 2.5 surge it's still only... $1.62 a mile to the driver....

JTR likes this.
  12. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    $1.62/mile is significant... and means making a "decent" wage.

13. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    And alot do. Some don't like waiting for the buses or like making all the stops before their hotels. Most of the people I pickup are staying right off Disney property where the buses don't run. I also get a lot of runs from Disney hotels to International Drive (tourist area about 8 miles away)

14. milooo

milooo Member

well for a update, I got sick of waiting around for a ping so I shut it down about 930pm. So 3 hours online and made $3.68. The problem here is we have way to many drivers it's that simple. Last march I would see about 50. a day now I think driver count went up 3 fold and it's like a huge joke

15. mmmike

mmmike Active Member

I still think you ought to try getting on both platforms. It's free to do so why not. If it still isn't working after that then perhaps get out of this business, or make the drive to philly every day :)

JTR likes this.
  16. Disgusted Driver

Disgusted Driver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I think we can reach the conclusion that there is no money to be made n your market. Done. I frequently hit $100 a day in Raleigh, doesn't mean I'm making much money after expenses but if I was getting 4 3.50 rides a day, I wouldn't bother turning the app on.

JTR likes this.
  17. JMBF831

JMBF831 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    1) You said "Come on" 3 times in 5 sentences.
    2) You are VERY new to Uber. I've done over 6,000 trips. Some days are good, some days are bad. I've had a day where I was online for 2.5 hours with 0 trips. I've had a day where I was online for 8 hours and made $23. It happens...
    3) Come ON, man!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    JTR likes this.
  18. milooo

milooo Member

i do uber and lyft.

19. Delivery Mr.Guy

Delivery Mr.Guy Active Member

Good news guy,
    I will be heading to the Arizona in May 2017 for my new jobs Building the Trump wall at the Mexico border, My job recruiter told me that I will get about $74k per year. Free shelter and free food. I am not kidding .

JTR likes this.
  20. milooo

milooo Member

can you get me a job?

MoneyUber4 and JTR like this.