1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

I don't believe all of you who say you Do Uber all day

Discussion in 'Advice' started by DRider85, Jan 8, 2017.

1. DRider85

DRider85 Active Member

Here's what I did tonight on a Monday. If need 24 more rides for the 35/175 promo

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017 at 2:22 AM
    JTR likes this.
  2. Delivery Mr.Guy

Delivery Mr.Guy Active Member

yeah with a new car and 60 payment of $390 monthly payment.

ziliano likes this.
  3. Blackout 702

Blackout 702 Well-Known Member

Yeah, they tend not to give new cars away for free, but thanks for the reminder in case anyone forgot.

4. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    That fare adjustment is going the wrong direction bud!

Are you updating address from the pax app? You need to start doing that!

5. milooo

milooo Member

ok, i see you did 11 trips and almost did $110. thats like close to 10 bucks a run. See where i live most trips is$3.86 to me. they are usually 2 to 4 mile trips then you have so much down time between runs you go nuts. so far today i did 4 runs, 1st 3.67 2nd 3.67 3rd 5.31 4th 5.38. so right now im at $18.03 and been online since 8:40am, it's now 1:36pm. so 5 hours online = $18.03 lol. so far im doing $3.60 a hour. lmao

JTR likes this.

6. milooo

milooo Member

another question, where can i find that daily earning screen? I use a android phone and i can't find that anywhere.

7. milooo

milooo Member

forget it i found it

JTR likes this.
  8. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Since you ignore my question from earlier in the thread...

You drive when most people are at work... and wonder why you aren't so busy?

You drive 9am-3pm. Most Americans are at their desk working at that point.

Shangsta and JTR like this.
  9. ChortlingCrison

ChortlingCrison Well-Known Member

What was your question. Maybe I could answer it.

10. mmmike

mmmike Active Member

Curious. Have you tried testing other blocks of time through the week? For me, my options are early AM like 5-9, and evenings like 8-12~1.
    I never tried during the day because of my day job, but if my area is anything yours, it probably isn't good anyway.
    Also, if both platforms are available in your area, I suggest getting on both. One day lyft is hot, the next day uber is hot..occasionally they are both kinda going good. have not really had a "bad" day since getting on both

JTR likes this.
  11. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Everyone's earning statements baring NYC ones make me laugh. Like SOOO hard. You guys are putting in tons of miles on your own car, and i'm getting $200-300 on the meter in 12 hours and keeping $110-200 after paying the cab company. (and gassing, and paying for tolls).

On most days im in the $150 range for profit for 12 hours.

JTR likes this.
  12. Mears Troll Number 4

Driving:
    Taxi
    And generally 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM are terrible fares. Doesn't matter what platform your on, it's not worth it. And business is slow during those hours on top of it.'

It doesnt' matter what market your in...

5:00 AM- 10 AM Monday through Friday and 5:00 PM to 3:00 AM Thursday thru Sunday. That's where you make your money.

JTR likes this.
  13. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    But that is your full time job. If I could commit to a constant Mears 12hour shift. I probably would. But as it is, I work as I can. Uber is NOT my day job, so it works well for what I need it to.

14. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Agree. I typically work nights. I generally make more between 1-3 than I do in the preceding 5-7 hours. My goal on weekends is to be at $100 by 1am...then double that by 3am.

15. milooo

milooo Member

to answer your question to why i drive them times is because i am free that time of day. Next the night shift around here from like 10pm till about 1230 1am there are so many other ants on my screen its not worth turning app on. I check the rider app to see where other drivers are and today almost any area i was in had no less then 5 other cars within 2 miles of me. I tried the 5pm crowd and that is also no good here. I will turn my app on tonight around 9, 10 pm and keep it on till it gets real slow meaning no run in 1 hour wait then im done for the night. I will hit a bar area near me and see how it pans out but im sure same results.

16. GPH

GPH Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You might think that, but remember this is in fact what some of us do for a hobby (for want of a better description).
    I too drive for the enjoyment of it, I don't need the money "Per Se" and I most likely wouldn't do it if there were no Dina in
    Reward. I have quickly come to the conclusion that the "time on line" counter is a mixed blessing. Many drivers use that as their "hours worked" record, when in fact standing / sitting (or even driving) around waiting for a fare, isn't actually working. However if this is all you do, then that down time is a cost to you.
    I suspect that minimising your hours and driving when it is most likely to produce a meaningful result is a better use of your time.
    As I have already implied, I have another job. I am self employed and as such I can do pretty much what I like time wise.
    I needed to drive to the city from the bayside on Monday, so I left my office and headed in that direction. I went on line with my uber app, and within 10 minutes or so, I had a ping, the job was kinda on my way, and as it turned out was a request to go,to the airport. So a $30.00 (to me) fare for a trip I was going to make anyway. After I finished my business, I began to head back to work, I was able to be reached by phone if needed, so I was in no hurry, I ended up doing around $106.00 net in fares . Yes I drove further than I would have if I were not on line. But I suspect the $100.00 was well in excess of the fuel costs and as my vehicle is already a business car, not a lot of extra burden on other costs either.
    So before you poo poo the motives of those like me, remember clubs and organisations you speak of generally have pre determined dates and times to meet and interact, so uber provides an opportunity to interact on our timetable and on a one on one basis. Not all interactions are as interesting or informative as one might want, but it's all part of the rich fabric of life.

Xanvel and JTR like this.
  17. ABC123DEF

ABC123DEF Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Fair enough...to each his own I guess. I certainly wouldn't be letting total strangers in my car if I were getting any interviews for any of the million plus jobs I've applied for. There's just way too much risk for way too little reward in this gig and it's been going downhill for years. Enjoy.

Xanvel and JTR like this.
  18. milooo

milooo Member

6:27pm 1/10/17 my app is on. i will keep it on till like 2am unless i am busy then until it slows and see how this night shift is a bigger joke

19. milooo

milooo Member

update, THE MONEY IS ROLLING IN, I REPEAT THE MONEY IS ROLLING IN 1:45 online so far, 1 run $3.67

JTR and MoneyUber4 like this.
  20. Mears Troll Number 4

Driving:
    Taxi
    Something just occured to me..
    does Allentown even have a drunken shin-cannery part of town?

Unless your in an area that actually has bars/clubs odds are that there may not even be any decent night shift money at all.

There's a reason there weren't/arn't a lot of taxi cabs in that area.