1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

I don't believe all of you who say you Do Uber all day

Discussion in 'Advice' started by DRider85, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Steveyoungerthanmontana

Steveyoungerthanmontana Active Member

That's why your only making fifty bucks. I do however have days where I make 80 to 100 in 5 hours. It's rare but does happen.

2. Don'tchasethesurge

Don'tchasethesurge Active Member

After Lehigh valley I did uber for lil in Pittsburgh it was a bit different. Longer trips to the suburbs

3. BeyondApple

BeyondApple New Member

lol what are you doing telling someone what they should be doing with their life?

Ivy25 and JTR like this.
  4. ChortlingCrison

ChortlingCrison Well-Known Member

Well it's nice the know the OP is concerned about our well-being.

TheWanderer and tohunt4me like this.
  5. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

He also drives in one of the best markets, so his idea of busy and slow is skewed.

6. ABC123DEF

ABC123DEF Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Since you think that asking questions equates to telling someone what they should be doing with their life, you just roll with that.

7. ChortlingCrison

ChortlingCrison Well-Known Member

"What are you going to do with your life".. I WANNA ROCK!!!

8. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
  9. Fthornton423

Fthornton423 New Member

The problem with Uber here in Memphis, Tn is that ..

#1 All Uber does is market for drivers and not pax

#2 The surges come and go so fast (and lately not at all due to all the drivers) getting a quality surge ride doesn't exist

#3 Because Uber won't call you from 20 minutes away like Lyft, and you have to be in a certain radius to get calls, you miss out on a lot unless you're in like one of three decent spots with the other 100,000 drivers to compete against.

So yes, it is VERY easy to make $30 a day before expenses if your market has more drivers than demand and the only spots with activity are flooded with drivers. The drivers here in Memphis are so low as to sit downtown and tell pax they will take them for less for cash if they cancel the Uber they ordered. So I might miss out on a $13 fare so that other guy or woman can make $8. That happened to me twice on New Years eve with a 4.5x surge.

Not all markets are worth it full time, and I screwed up and used my fuel card more than I was making and now have a negative balance that's going to take god knows how long to repay.

ABC123DEF likes this.
  10. Steveyoungerthanmontana

I'm the voice of the UBER people, you are the voice of Travis Kalanick. I'm not sure why are even here but to calm down enraged UBER drivers from protesting. How much is TK paying you again?

MUGATS likes this.
  11. steveK2016

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Not enough, that's for sure!

12. milooo

milooo Member

im still waiting to see screen shots of all these 100 dollar days..... not 1 so far

JTR likes this.
  13. Oscar Levant

Oscar Levant Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV

Well, I uberX/pool about 12 hours per shift, 60 hours per week, and for that effort, my paycheck is about $635, which, after gas, leaves me about $500, which is less than $10 per hour, not discounting depreciation. I'm going back to UberBlack in March, when biz for Black/SUV kicks in, that's about when the season begins for the north county hotels in San Diego, which use uberBlack a lot. Its' mucn more profitable. But sucks during the winter months (if you're on a lease, but it's doable during winter if you own the car).

BostonTaxiDriver and JTR like this.
  14. Steveyoungerthanmontana

I can, is it really that hard to believe? I'm in the LA market.

15. milooo

milooo Member

where are the screen shots?????

JTR likes this.
  16. Don'tchasethesurge

Don'tchasethesurge Active Member

Lmao he is currently picking up uber x and pool to show his $100 dollar gross income

17. Blackout 702

Blackout 702 Well-Known Member

I'm still looking for the WalMart sandwich forum. I already found the home-made brownies forum.

18. steveK2016

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    So you drive when everyone else is at work and wonder why you don't make any money?

JTR and Zeppelin77 like this.
  19. Steveyoungerthanmontana

I'm just amazed that it's that hard to believe.

JTR likes this.
  20. mmmike

mmmike Active Member

Well, I rarely put in 8 hours a day. Most of the time I am only logged in for 4-5 hours because my life schedule doesn't allow more. I routinely make 60, 80 or 90 per day.