Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

I do recommend pool now

10K views 146 replies 47 participants last post by  Julescase 
#1 ·
If you complain about not being busy enough then not accepting pool will make it worse. Even if pool affects ratings, they get you more passengers and help you get to your bonus faster.

#4 ·
That was the whole design of incentives, to make you take pool.

What they steal from you in multi-pax pick ups is given back in guarantees or whatever crap they have cooking in their meth lab.

You aren't making more money, you are making the money you should be making while you turn uberpool into a success.

Dogs need a bone thrown at them from time to time.

#82 ·
Not trying to totally disagree with your overall statement but the difference is usually a lot more than $2. Yesterday when I took an uber it has the options showing as $11.59 uber x and $2.99 pool. Now give that option to people who take multiple ubers a day and they see that as saving potential hundreds of dollars a month.

#19 ·
Paulmsr uber in many markets have promitions like drive 65 trips and make 200$ more.
Which is a $3.08 "bonus" for each one of those 65 rides -- IF, in fact you are actually able to complete 65.

But Poo fares are way less than X, especially if you pick up additional pax.

If any number of those rides were Poo, how much did you lose in fare revenue to potentially get a bonus? I've seen complaints in some markets that the Poo is 70-80% of their pings. If you accept even 50% Poo rides, I bet you would lose money overall, even with the bonus.

#14 ·
i know what they are i was being sarcastic since they stopped sending them to me months ago, around here they just pick and choose who they want to give them too.. around here its mainly just boost promos now so you rarely see surges in philly area, at most 2.5 and its very brief when it does happen

#18 ·
I was up in ct a few weeks back. Saw a crazy 3x surge up in stamford around 10pm. I knew it was fake but couldnt resist testing it. Spoofed in there on all calls and waited 10 mins. Only got pings outside of the surge zone. Riders are wising up and waiting for surge to end. I dont even take surge fares anymore its a surefire way to get lower rating. In nyc if your rating falls below 4.8 you loose black and suv dispatch so no more surge fares for me. I ignore them.

#23 ·
I totally agree, It's less rides for drivers, We don't have pool in my market but the only thing uber throw out to drivers in my market is boost guarantees and fairly decent surges on the weekends. Pool is a ridiculous concept to begin with, The more people in your car the more gas you burn and maintenance....You definitely lose money doing uber pools.

#29 · (Edited)
I am glad to yield my pool ping to DRider85. Any and All of my pool ping. All to you. God bless you. As they say, somebody gotta do it.

For the rest of you here is the number.

UberX
Minimum Fare : $5.15

Per Minute : $0.15
Per Mile : $0.90
Booking Fee : $1.65

Fare : $5.15 - $1.65 = $3.50

Driver Payout : $3.50 * 75% = $2.625

Uber Profit : $2.525

Uber Profit Margin per Minimum Fare : 50%

Good job, suckers!

UberPool adds Safe Rider Fee of $1.65 further increasing Uber Profit Margin at the expense of Drivers.

===
Booking Fee should be folded into Fare as part of the total Fare and split with Driver.
Total Fare : $5.15
Driver Payout : $3.86

This is better if Base Payout is $3.50 for ANY pickup. $3.50 is equitable, current payout is sub-minimum wage, illegal and immoral.

So Do Not Pickup anything that you believe will not pay for than $3.50. At $3.50, it still is not profitable but no reason to avoid it.

Reactions: circle1
#32 ·
Uberant i am not sure if drider is an uber shill mostly because he says the same nonsense that many other drivere say. These people make 18$ an hour and they think they living large. I average over 40$ an hour net with uber and think i am a slave. Even at over 100$ an hour my opinion will not change. Uber is evil. If you are a driver for uber and think otherwise you are a fool

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.