1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

How powerful would a union be?

Discussion in 'Advocacy' started by bscott, May 12, 2015.

1. bscott

bscott Well-Known Member

If every member paid $50 anually?

2. bscott

bscott Well-Known Member

Call it a Drivers Association

chi1cabby likes this.
  3. iDriveNashville

iDriveNashville Active Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I don't even know that a union would be possible. Is one thing for a bunch of employees in the same factory, but coordinating independent contractors? Seems like herding cats.

How powerful it would be takes a backseat to if it could ever happen, and I don't think it could.

4. Paid who?, What representation would it offer? How fast would it force Uber to raise the rates so that were more in line with what Cabbies make? When would a senority ladder start to be used? When would this union start to demand health benefits beyond what the basic crap you get from ObamaCare? Answer all that then ask yourself, why don't people use Uber anymore?

Unions breed lazy complacint people who get a sense of entitlement. They don't care about the bigger picture, just as long as a good peice of it is handed to them even if they don't earn it. I'm in a union, not by choice and that is what it has turned into. This isn't the 1650's and 60's anymore. You can keep your Union thanks...

5. Nate Sullivan

Nate Sullivan Member

You must hate 40 hour work weeks, over time pay, sick pay, workers compensation if you hate unions. That is such a dumb thing to say

Huberis, dlally929, djino and 2 others like this.

6. Taxi Driver in Arizona

Taxi Driver in Arizona Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    And I especially hate that I can't hire children to work in my coal mine. Damn unions.

7. bronko

bronko New Member

Why take something that is working and try to screw it up by making it something it is not. If you don't like working with Uber quit, move on!

8. LAuberX

LAuberX Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    It's working for who? Is making less than minimum wage and driving with no insurance a dream of yours?

9. bscott

bscott Well-Known Member

Geez! All I said was how powerful would a union be followed up with call it a Drivers Association. Uber has it good with their minions of short sighted cab drivers. It's good to be Uber!

10. suewho

suewho Well-Known Member

a union, or drivers association could possibly bring uber completely undone. Thats why even on this forum as we speak uber has its shills and plants in place, to knock down all the anti uber sentiment so uber can continue its relentless "**** you" campaign across the globe. Well i for one am glad uber got booted out of india and china, that put a big dent in travis' s bid for global domination. Who would of thought one rape case could have put such a dampener on his quest for global dominion

DMVDriver77, Lidman and KGB7 like this.
  11. KGB7

KGB7 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It would be good. But, in US unions are a plague, a disease. Just look at the pot holes on the road every 50 feet that aren't filled for 6 month. And if a pot hole is filled, it becomes a speed bump.

Brooklyn and marketmark like this.
  12. KGB7

KGB7 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Speaking of pot holes. Last fall, county workers did underground work at my local intersection in the suburbs. They left a 6x6 pot hole for a month. After they filled it, it still looks like there was an earthquake at that spot 6month ago.

And don't get me started what I see on daily basis in Wash DC. Roads look like a war zone.
    I almost fell a sleep when I drove home on a baby butt smooth highway that belongs to the state of VA.

Brooklyn likes this.
  13. suewho

suewho Well-Known Member

Im only speaking for those in Australia, and each country for their own. Personally i think unions (from what ive seen of them) are a good thing. Thats just my opinion, and hey its out there, and im sure I'll get a lot of shtick for it, but i can cop it im a big girl.

JaxBeachDriver likes this.
  14. KGB7

KGB7 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Unions in some countries do work and work well. Just look at the repair progress Japan has made last year after an earthquake.

In US, unions breed lazy people. Not all unions, but many.

Watch movie "Won't Back Down 2012". A great example of US Unions.

Brooklyn likes this.
  15. suewho

suewho Well-Known Member

And we're still only 200 years old, which when you're trying to change the future of your country isnt all that old. If it weren't for the likes of Peter Lalor, we would be still struggling under the yolk of british control

16. suewho

suewho Well-Known Member

i will, thanks.

17. KGB7

KGB7 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I know very little about your country. Everything is overpriced, it was a colony of crazy people, Jacky Chen movies and Red Dog.
    Your people did well for an island filled with mentally insane.
    We need to find an island for Obama.

P.s.

Now that I think about it, every presidential candidate should spend a year on a island Cast Away style.

18. unter ling

unter ling Well-Known Member

As they say a little knowledge is dangerous.

Uberamstel likes this.
  19. suewho

suewho Well-Known Member

Awesome, you already know too much. Australia is in fact a land of crazy people, and if you can get past the crazies, theres always the stingrays, crocodiles, deadly snakes and spiders. So dont even dream about coming here. Ever

Uberamstel and JaxBeachDriver like this.
  20. suewho

suewho Well-Known Member

P.s. dont send your useless"presedential candidates" here, I'll have to set my pet goanna on to them...... oh wait..? Is that an international terrorist threat? Ill take it back

TheTransporter6414 and KGB7 like this.