1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

How much uber driver makes in nyc

Discussion in 'New York City' started by ManwBiDiK, Jan 11, 2017.

1. ManwBiDiK

ManwBiDiK Member

:D deduct 30 gas and 10 wash

Attached Files:

JTR, Dax, Barbj379 and 3 others like this.
  2. bigdreamslittlemoney

bigdreamslittlemoney Active Member

damn bro that was a harsh day

JTR likes this.
  3. BBHMM

BBHMM Well-Known Member

$30 gas?! What do you drive?

JTR, Rick N. and DavidMEna like this.
  4. HerbyHerb

HerbyHerb Well-Known Member

Yea. True story. It's staring to look like $10+ hr job before expense. If your weekly average is closer to $20hr please post. Swarms of Uber drivers sitting empty on the corners

5. bigdreamslittlemoney

7 rides hope you got least hit one of those daily bonuses 6 rides 7 - 10 $ 40 dollars

JTR and thisisnotfair like this.

6. d23perry

d23perry New Member

Appreciate you giving all of us up and coming drivers a glimpse of reality. Forgive me, but soon I will be one of those newly enlisted drivers who will be contributing to the continuing saturation of Uber drivers in the city. I recognize that some of you are doing this full time in order to meet your daily living expenses. While I will not be doing this full time, like most of you full timers, I am plunging into this in order to put food on the table and a maintain a roof over my head, as my primary is unable to sustain those basic needs post divorce with teenage children. Sadly, a night like yours, although it will be physically draining, will actually be a good evening for me. I am sure Uber is counting on people like me to continue to pad their wallets. Truly wish things could be different for all of us. Truly hope that things do not get much worse than what you posted above, but I fear it will, in which case many of us will be further up a creek without a paddle. Wishing the best for all of you seasoned guys and newcomers. Truly hope we all find a way to survive one way or another.

moviefreak666, indo and thisisnotfair like this.
  7. thisisnotfair

thisisnotfair Member

I was just taking 24 hour course. Even though I thought I was at first grade again, people couldn't read a basic map

almost 50 students in only one room there was like 3 rooms. They have about 15 24 hour classes schools

Expect at least 1,000 drivers every month to sign up

I'm so happy my car is paid off. One guy in there was talking about buying the Mercedes s550 to work for Uber.

Imagine what our payments would look at summer

Dax and BBHMM like this.
  8. thisisnotfair

thisisnotfair Member

Well said man

9. bigdreamslittlemoney

Thanks for the best wishes. My cbest reagrds for you and your family. Right now for the short term this looks like a good idea because of all the incentives and bonuses for new drivers but if you buy a car and get stuck with insurance and all the other bills this is going to put a lot of people up even more ups ****s creek. you going have to start thinking like yellow taxi and split the driving hours. I am getting my wife to sign up too hit the incentives and save some money because we going to be sharing the same car keep costs low. hopefully save some money to jump ship before the next rate cut. My advice is don't only think about coming in have a plan for getting out

Xlady and Dax like this.
  10. Lenny_yellow_cab

Lenny_yellow_cab Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Dudes have to start thinking of just getting a cheap C-Max and call it a day.

These clowns gettin expensive cars will learn the hard way

11. Rick N.

Rick N. Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Probably an H1,I think you get 8mil. a gallon.

BBHMM likes this.
  12. d23perry

d23perry New Member

Thanks! I just completed my 24-hour course also, and am taking my exam tomorrow. Actually wish I could have just advanced to taking the exam without the course because of the environment in the classroom. Many our plunging into this believing that there is a ton of money out there to made, and the majority are completely oblivious to all TLC's rules and regulations. Put TLC plates on your car, it technically isn't YOUR car anymore. Picking up street hails in a for-hire vehicle--yes, it happens every day, but it is not permissible. There were some in my class who instantly begun to ponder over their decision to become a driver. Forums like this have kept me well-informed, and threads like this continue to ground my expectations. Perhaps those individuals looking to, or have rented/purchased vehicles without truly counting the costs will eventually turn away from Uber, thus culling the pool of drivers. Certainly don't wish any ill-will towards anyone. Again, truly hope we all find way to survive.

thisisnotfair likes this.
  13. BBHMM

BBHMM Well-Known Member

Mind you, my Defensive Driving instructor pointed out to us last summer that 80-90 drivers lose their license daily (tlc, not just Uber). I'm curious what the net growth of drivers is with that in mind

Dax and thisisnotfair like this.
  14. bigdreamslittlemoney

it is true but a lot of them are reinstated after a few days by paying fines etc more almost 60% are back the same week then the rest few weeks later retention rate is lot higher than suspension rate which will probably change as earning slow down.

Barbj379 and BBHMM like this.
  15. d23perry

d23perry New Member

Appreciate your kind words. Based on everything I have gleaned from this forum, it was clear to me that purchasing/renting a vehicle would be foolhardy, especially since I cannot commit to this full time. Thankfully, I already have a decent vehicle, which qualifies for Uber Black and SUV. Sadly, per the info Uber has shared with us new comers, 80% of pax are Uber X. So, I will be another one of "those" hurting the full timers/seasoned drivers by picking up Uber X passengers in a luxury vehicle. Truly out of options though. It is either that or live in my car. Clearly, driving a few pax around a day earning wages close to minimum wage is more palatable. I am not even sure if I will be able to earn the new driver incentives in the limited hours I will be able to allocate to this monthly. Already taken 3 days off from my primary just to take the 24-hour class. Would likely need to work a combined 14 hours per day in order to take advantage of those incentives, and doing so may not be safe, advisable for a new driver.

Drive2bFree likes this.
  16. Chrissypoooh

Chrissypoooh Member

Sometimes I wonder how do the part time driver make profits? I am assuming they must work Friday and Saturday 24 hours. waiting hours for airport rides?!

17. d23perry

d23perry New Member

I suspect that I will have to live, eat and breathe Uber all weekend to make this work on a part time basis. Thankfully, my primary is a M-F 9 to 5, so to speak.

18. bigdreamslittlemoney

People have to start considering yellow if doing part time there are not commitments it is just 100 to 125 deposit to get a vehicle and end up with 200 in pocket after car lease. It is hassle sometimes to deal with the fleet companies. It gives you time to actually learn the business and driving the city without putting yourself in the hole

19. ManwBiDiK

ManwBiDiK Member

30 $ gas cause i did not filled yesterday :D i got 18 mpg

Attached Files:

20. d23perry

d23perry New Member

Have not done much research on yellow. Thought yellow was a lot more expensive than 100 or 125. And yellow in the city seems comparable to 100s of people in a airtight 500 sq ft room - not enough air for everyone to breathe; much like Uber. Just cannot imagine becoming one of those agreessive drivers hunting down fares as if my life depended on it, although it essentially does today.