Uber Drivers Forum banner

Hammer attacker in SD was an Uber driver

2K views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  roadwarrior2016 
#1 ·
#4 ·
So does Uber and CheckR get a pass for now as the attacker may not have had a previous criminal record? Or did Uber and their "industry Leading " background check company let another slip through the cracks and drop the ball yet again? Does either really care ?

#6 ·
Nowhere in that article does it state he was an Uber driver.

But so what if he was.

Do we need to know if everyone that commits a crime is an Uber driver ?

Does driving for Uber make you predisposed to committing random crimes in the future ?

What about if he had a Sam's club card ?

What about if he ate Cheerios in the morning ?

#7 ·
Do we need to know if everyone that commits a crime is an Uber driver ?
The odds heavily favor that. Most crimes are committed by minimum wage workers or the unemployed.
On the next episode of Cops we'll hear the dispatcher say "white male, 6', 170#, brown hair, blue T-shirt, brown shorts and he's an Uber driver. Considered armed and dangerous."

#9 ·
Maybe be was driven to it because he drove for uber, and being so frustrated by uber for too long, he snapped. I know I am not the sweet thing I used to be, my BS tolerance level is getting very low in the last few months. Being exposed to the riders that irritate you, and judge you unfairly, and uber corporate insanity of treating drivers like scum, he just couldn't take it anymore. Something's gotta give.

#12 ·
Is it the same hammer guy who hammered his Uber passenger in 2014?
Is any background check capable of predicting future activity?
In Philip K Dick's world, yes. You just need the right drugs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.