1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Got Ticket at LAX(new uber need help)

Discussion in 'Los Angeles & Orange County' started by Chungnguyen, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Chungnguyen

Chungnguyen New Member

I were pulled over by the officer at LAX this morning with the reason that i have Uber and Lyft trade dress and operated in lower level...I only know that all ride have to pickup and drop off at departure level but i dont know that we are not allow to drive on arrivel level..I'm on my way to terminal 6 to drop off and there r a small way between parking lots number 3 and 4 that u can go to upper level..Does anyone know how much i have to pay for the ticket?

2. UberIsAllFubared

UberIsAllFubared Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Your lucky they didn't impound your car.

And uber is probably gonna stop you from getting lax requests too.

I also saw someone Monday do a right turn onto the 96th street bridge from the left lane, motorcycle cop pulled him over in seconds.

Be careful people, not only are you gonna get a ticket, but they are going to restrict you from lax pings.

Joe123456 and SurgeOrSelect like this.
  3. SurgeOrSelect

SurgeOrSelect Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    You have to be conscious of the rules, or infractions are gonna swallow everything you make

4. Wally George

Wally George Member

Google maps gives you that skyway route that will be nearly impossible for a new driver to notice until it's to late. It really sucks for an honest mistake if that's the case.

Adieu and UberIsAllFubared like this.
  5. Chungnguyen

Chungnguyen New Member

I didnt drop off at lower level...the google maps show me take the skyway between parking lot 3 and 4 to go to upper level..and the officer pulled me over between terminal 2 -3.

RUSSREED2.0 likes this.

6. Ab85

Ab85 Member

Let me know what does the citation say? See
    If you can do trial by declaration and also you have to explain you were not dropping there. And don't drive with your trade dress I never have my trade dress

7. Chungnguyen

Chungnguyen New Member

The citation say that Operated in lower level and Uber and Lyft trade dress.the officer pulled me over while i was driving with my passenger on broad.I didnt stop or drop off at lower level

8. nostrils

nostrils Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    If you are displaying a trade dress then you have to abide by LAX rules (you did take the time to read the rules right?) so you have ne excuse for being ticketed, if you dont want to follow the rules then simply remove the trade dress when in LAX, pretty simple really

ALEAX and RnoldCh like this.
  9. Tedgey

Tedgey Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Shhhhhhhh

SmokeyTheRobot likes this.
  10. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Countless emails went out. It's 100% your fault. Pay the ticket and be glad they didn't impound your car.

bgftp29 and RnoldCh like this.
  11. The UberNator

The UberNator Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Usually it's $1,000 fine

12. Tedgey

Tedgey Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Wait a minute now. Yes the emails went out but he wasn't picking up or dropping off downstairs. I think he's got a decent case here.

Also, I agree. He should be glad his car didn't get impounded

13. Chungnguyen

Chungnguyen New Member

LAX rules do not say that you cant take skyway route from arrivel level to go to departure level when the departure congested

BurgerTiime and Adieu like this.
  14. Ab85

Ab85 Member

Does it have appearance date for a court

15. Chungnguyen

Chungnguyen New Member

It says a hearing regarding this citation may be schedule within 5 business days by calling the number show on the citation

16. mghtyred

mghtyred Well-Known Member

Clarification required:

Does it say

"Operating in lower level with UBER/LYFT trade dress"

Or

"Operating in lower level"

AND

"Displaying BOTH Uber & Lyft Trade dress" ?

It's unclear from your statement if you've been given one infraction or two.

Considering driving in arrivals as a rideshare driver and displaying both trade dress simultaneously are both illegal, you could be looking at some hefty fines.

17. poseidon

poseidon Well-Known Member

ticket cost will be equivalent to 11 base trips from LAX to SD

18. Chungnguyen

Chungnguyen New Member

It say operating in lower level and displaying Both Uber and Lyft trade dress... and im not pickup or drop off at lower level.

19. mghtyred

mghtyred Well-Known Member

This is just as unclear as your original post. Does it show these as two separate infractions or one?

Subjugator likes this.
  20. Chungnguyen

Chungnguyen New Member

Two separate