1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Future Features

Discussion in 'Technology' started by ReviTULize, Mar 18, 2015.

1. ReviTULize

ReviTULize Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Lyft just received another round of funding and has pledged some improvements in their app. I drive for both and like certain things about each GUI. With Uber, I can text the rider, but can't call them...and visa versa with Lyft. I get frustrated(as many of us do) when drivers or pax should be able to do something simple, but can't.

I know there have been other threads about app features, but I'd like to start a new, updated one and focus only on Uber at this time. It is inevitable that they add new features for drivers and passengers...what do you think those should be??? We know tipping should be one of those features...SO, PLEASE DON'T MAKE THIS A DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS TIPPING IN THE APP!

I'll add a post that has some of my ideas

Casuale Haberdasher likes this.
  2. ReviTULize

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    • PREFERRED DRIVERS
      • When a pax encounters a driver that they like, they could flag them as a "preferred" driver. when requesting a car, they could have a notification that would ask them if they would like to see if any of their "preferred" drivers are available and maybe cycle through a list of their top 5, or so before going to the closest car. But, if their need is to simply get where they need to go, they could just bypass it and say get me the closest driver.
    ...more to come

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  3. Backdash

Backdash Well-Known Member

Add the uber & lyft pax phone number to your contacts then call or text at will.

The preffered driver idea is cool.

Casandria likes this.
  4. Bart McCoy

Bart McCoy Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    OP what you mean you can't call the pax with Uber app

5. ReviTULize

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    We dont have their number. if i call the virtual number, it calls me. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

6. Bart McCoy

Bart McCoy Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber? At least with Android app you just touch your virtual number and it will call the last/current pax

UberLuber and Txchick like this.
  7. ReviTULize

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Last time I tried it, it just called me. That was a while ago though

8. ReviTULize

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    DYNAMIC PLATFORM:
    • Drivers that are classed as X, XL, etc... should be able to dynamically change which platform that want to be on. If there are tons of X drivers in my area, I would rather be XL only...unless it's surging. Same with Black, Select and others. It hurts Uber, as pax are learning that Select cars also have to pickup X requests. It's my understanding that this feature is in some markets...why not extend to all?

9. ReviTULize

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    ANDROID WIDGET:
    • For those who use Android devices, widgets can be cool and useful tools. A widget for our home screen that showed the surges on a small map or even just a 1×1 lightning bolt icon with a number range that shows what surges are in your area(1.0 - 2.5). Just by looking at your phone, you know that its surging without opening the rider app

10. frndthDuvel

frndthDuvel Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    We have that option in SD County. Odd that you could not do that there. Write them and ask why that option is not allowed in your area. It might be as simple as you onboarding your same car on the XL platform. In fact go to your dashboard now and attempt to onboard "a new vehicle", but your same car as an XL.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
    CONDIA and ReviTULize like this.
  11. Casuale Haberdasher

Casuale Haberdasher Well-Known Member

POST # 1 /@ReviTULize@ReviTULize : What a Great
    Idear!
    Thanks for Soliciting Outside-the-Box
    Solutions. Lord only knows what Emp-
    eror A••hat has his "engineers" and
    "IT" minions doing!

ReviTULize likes this.
  12. ReviTULize

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    My cars were dynamically set, once I added them and uploaded docs. I didn't have any way of choosing. Would love to be able to figure it out. Thanks for the reply

13. Txchick

Txchick Moderator Moderator

you can call Uber pax by hitting the info button & the number will pop up & includes pax rating, if fare is a surge & surge rate. you touch phone # to contact the pax. If u have a phone supplied by Uber then can't call. That's the procedure using my I phone.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    UberLuber and ReviTULize like this.
  14. frndthDuvel

frndthDuvel Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Is there an option to add another "new car" on your dashboard? If I go to my dashboard it has an "add vehicle" tab. What happens if you upload your info, does it kick you out as a duplicate? If you have not tried I would do that, and then hopefully you will see a tab for platform selection after you have entered in your car info.

ReviTULize likes this.
  15. ReviTULize

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Aahh. I have never tried to get that far because I never had to do that initially. I'll gove it a shot and post the results

16. uberwhip

uberwhip New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    1) How about Driver notes, maybe a section that the drivers could add a small note after a ride. The next driver would see would see the note during the ping when the address pops up. If their last driver left a note to say "6 drunk guys- goodluck" that might help the rest of us avoid the ping.

2) I also would like to be able to zoom in or out of the map during the ping request instead of only seeing how far and 2 streets of the map view.

3) how about an option to turn on and off where the other uber drivers are without having to keep flipping back and forth between the riders and drivers app for the same information.

UberXTampa and ReviTULize like this.
  17. YellowAntennaBall

YellowAntennaBall Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I want to do this too. I have a car that is eligible for X, XL and SELECT. There are times when I only want to take XL and SELECT requests.
    In the dashboard, if I try to add the vehicle again, it says no, that license plate is already registered.
    Awhile ago, a CSR said to put a + before and after the plate, (+ABC 123+) but that did not work. I sent an email back to Uber asking for help on this and they haven't replied in 3 days.

Has ANYONE been able to add the same car twice to the same or different driver accounts without the help of an Uber CSR?

18. uberwhip

uberwhip New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    When i asked a CSR about when dayton would get the XL, select options i was told, "we don't have a timeframe" but that when it was available i could have my current car reclassified through uber support. I would assume you should be able to get a CSR to do it for you if you drive where its available.

19. Nick3946

Nick3946 Well-Known Member

Anyone can request to have options of doing multiple platforms. You cannot do yourself, email in and request. They will add the options as another car. On mine, if I select my car in lowercase letters, I can do both X and select. In uppercase letters it shows me only as select. So I can choose to do both if I'd like on the fly.

20. YellowAntennaBall

YellowAntennaBall Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Thanks for the suggestion. Lowercase letters worked!
    I was able to add the same license plate number. Now will just ask CSR to set requests types sent to that vehicle.

ReviTULize likes this.