1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Ford Transit Connect for Orlando Market

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Eatonville Elmer, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Eatonville Elmer

Eatonville Elmer New Member

Greetings,

Ive reviewed many threads and cannot get a straight answer about Ford Transit Connects eligibility in the Orlando market. Some markets, yes, some no but nothing about Orlando specific. I'm getting ready to purchase a vehicle, but will not rely on Uber alone to make money with it. The Transit Connects versatility seems like a logical choice for a variety of services, including eventual conversion to accoodate wheelchairs.
    Someone out here has to know. Please help!

Thank you!
    Eatonville Elmer

2. Do tell

Do tell Well-Known Member

Do a Google search on ford transit connect transmissions.they don't have a good track record.

3. Do tell

Sorry that I couldn't help you with your original question.

Eatonville Elmer likes this.
  4. Eatonville Elmer

Eatonville Elmer New Member

Yeah, 2012s and 13s had really bad ******s but they did fix most of the issues. The biggest issue I see with the transmissions from '14s on is blowing seals in uneven terrain areas of the country. Dont have to worry about that in Orlando, but I'm getting a bumper to bumper warranty from Mullinax Ford. If I can get an answer that is lol. Uber support gave me a very vague endorsement via email, but I want them to be specific with a yes. I'm going to use it to sub out to local couriers and most minivans cant handle a pallet or two.

5. Do tell

I wish you luck.Hopefully uber will let you know.It would be a bummer if you can't use it for both.

Eatonville Elmer likes this.