Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

First Day

963 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Michael_Knight77 
#1 ·
Today was my first day driving for Uber in St. Louis and I have to say that I was really surprised at how busy I stayed on a Thursday afternoon. Very pleasantly surprised.

My name is Rob btw. I recently quit my job as a desk jockey at an office in West County to do this. I like that I can make my own hours and be my own boss. In my younger years I worked for a long time as a trash collector so I am very experienced at driving in the area, which is nice.

#3 ·
Today was my first day driving for Uber in St. Louis and I have to say that I was really surprised at how busy I stayed on a Thursday afternoon. Very pleasantly surprised.

My name is Rob btw. I recently quit my job as a desk jockey at an office in West County to do this. I like that I can make my own hours and be my own boss. In my younger years I worked for a long time as a trash collector so I am very experienced at driving in the area, which is nice.

Attachments

#5 ·
Welcome... stay positive, don't let some of these guys get you down... Driver smarter, not harder

#6 ·

Umm Rob, good luck, I don't mean to get you down but St. Louis has already dropped the rates by 25% of the launch price, and if pattern follows you joined on days before the annual nation wide price cut.

It's very possible that rates could be as low as half of what they are now in a years time. Uber has done this before. The only consistent thing is that prices will be pushed DOWN over time.

Make the most of it while money is still good, after the local news media does stories of how well drivers are doing, plus a TV special or something... nothing good can come of staying.

The bottom markets in the US are paying half that of what your getting in St. Louis.

Orlando rates used to be what they are in St. Louis, now it's just a bit under half of what you guys have now.

#9 ·
My number one advice for anyone thinking about driving for Uber is not to quit your day job. It's good for extra money but making a living at it is a game of diminishing returns. This is your rate card for St. Louis:

Base Fare: $1.50
Per Minute: $0.20
Per Mile: $1.20
Cancellation Fee: $5
Service Fees: $1.70
Minimum Fare: $5

That's better than here. It'll be a meager living but you can probably get by.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.