1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

FarePilot app gets you pings faster. Get up to 30% more fares!

Discussion in 'London' started by FarePilot, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Taxi8

Taxi8 Well-Known Member

Just downloaded this, and as stated it is not useful outside of London (or in it.) Tried sending me to a quiet 24hour Tesco 2 miles away and then a tram stop 3 miles away! . . Last try and it sent me to a Black Cab rank that Black Cabs never bother using outside a club that is not open tonight.

Mr. Mister likes this.
  2. Dave609

Dave609 Member

very cool but it hasn't launched on the jersey shore yet

3. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Well-Known Member

Well Im thinking about getting it Dave.
    hqdefault.jpeg

MrPoober, Hogster and Taxi8 like this.
  4. Taxi8

Taxi8 Well-Known Member

City must be playing late tonight, I think I'll drive there and get a customer . . .

Screenshot_20170112-013902.png

5. Nightrider1

Nightrider1 Active Member

ALOT OF TOP SECRET

6. FarePilot

FarePilot Member Sponsor

Hi Taxi8, we can't solve the issue of Uber taking on more and more drivers. This is a real issue for all drivers and it means drivers are making less and less money. Some of the drivers we've been speaking to are working 7 days a week now, where before they could pay the bills on a normal working week!

All we can do is try and help our drivers get to areas that we think are most likely to have high demand. Thanks, Neil.

7. FarePilot

FarePilot Member Sponsor

Thanks Anon2014, we totally understand there will be skeptics. It's the same for every new product right? We're very much in it for the long run. In fact, the hotspot feature is just the first feature we're looking to implement. We want to create an app that becomes the driver's #1 support tool, so whether that's showing drivers where toilets are (something we've had a lot of drivers ask us about), or helping drivers manage costs and expenses, we're going to listen to our drivers and build something great that helps improve their working lives.

Do you have any suggestions about what tools might be useful to support you while you work? Thanks, Neil

8. FarePilot

FarePilot Member Sponsor

Hi Taxi8, we only support London right now, so any recommendations in Manchester are going to just take you to the biggest landmarks - hence the directions to the Etihad. Sorry! We're looking to expand soon though. Thanks, Neil.

9. FarePilot

FarePilot Member Sponsor

Hi Taxi8, as I mentioned, we don't support anywhere outside of London right now. We'll be expanding soon though!

10. FarePilot

FarePilot Member Sponsor

Hi Dave609, We're in London right now and will be launching in LA over the next few weeks. We're expanding quickly tough so will hopefully be on Jersey Shore soon! Cheers, Neil

11. Taxi8

Taxi8 Well-Known Member

"Shell Technology Ventures, or STV, was originally launched in 1998. This corporate venturing team has invested and deployed new technologies across the energy sector. Its mission has been rejuvenated in 2012. STV focuses on identifying innovations and technologies that can provide meaningful commercial advantage to Shell, even if they require a longer period to achieve it. STV acts as a strategic partner and investor: besides equity, STV provides technical expertise, pilots/tests and experience with scaling technologies. Often STV will conduct pilots and tests and Shell may act as a launching customer of new products and services."

. . . FarePilot has the big backing/owned by huge multi-billion dollar behemoth Shell. Looks like all the big guys want a piece of the UK taxi trade. . .

More bad news for drivers.

Cabbie2B likes this.
  12. FarePilot

FarePilot Member Sponsor

Hi Taxi8 - Shell Technology Ventures are indeed one of our investors alongside BCG Digital Ventures. Both companies totally believe in our vision to become the #1 support tool to help improve the working lives of professional drivers. Neil

13. Quite Quiet

Quite Quiet New Member

Dude are you still here, got the skin of a rhino.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    Taxi8 and renod babek like this.
  14. Cabbie2B

Cabbie2B Well-Known Member

Loads of bu11. Shell to be 2nd best??? Shell to be no. 1 in support????
    Cmon Niel.
    U r sweet talker and what u said so far makes no sense whatsoever.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    Taxi8 and Mr. Mister like this.
  15. FarePilot

FarePilot Member Sponsor

Haha, thanks. All the feedback is useful to us - both the positive and the critical. To help create something that helps as many drivers as possible we need to hear what everyone thinks. Not every product is perfect for everyone, but we know our drivers love using FarePilot and we want more people to try it out and see if it works for them. Cheers, Neil

16. renod babek

renod babek Well-Known Member

It's someone's baby. & keeps them in work.
    Once the money's gone. The money's gone.
    Trouble is every Tom &%$@!* & Harry are at it now. I would of thought that they would of come up with some way to provide customers to drivers, as an incentive. But what would I know.
    And I'm not here to edumacate anyone.

17. Syloti_ba

Syloti_ba Active Member

Hi Neil
    Yesterday I downloaded the app
    Used it to see what it is!
    Every time I open the app it was asking did you go there and find any pax I put no I didn't. Actually I did not, app was suggesting to drive miles and wait 15 minute.
    because every time i said no now app logged me out and telling me to re register again.
    Guess what I deleted the app
    Lol

Taxi8, Cabbie2B and Mr. Mister like this.
  18. Syloti_ba

Syloti_ba Active Member

Why shall I drive 25m and wait for 15m
    It's a joke

Attached Files:

Taxi8, renod babek and Cabbie2B like this.
  19. Syloti_ba

Syloti_ba Active Member

Simple answer is if you are a uber driver new or experience one you don't need any other bull**** app! Uber will feed you where ever you are!

Cabbie2B likes this.
  20. renod babek

renod babek Well-Known Member

Here's a hotspot.

Go to AVA Heathrow at 16:30, And I bet you get a job within 2 hours!
    Tada!